Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1 GDT: Oakland Raiders @ New York Jets
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NewAge


Joined: 01 Sep 2014
Posts: 494
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Week 1 GDT: Oakland Raiders @ New York Jets Reply with quote

@


Oakland Raiders at New York Jets


Game Information
Day: Sunday
Time: 1:00 ET
Where: MetLife Stadium
TV: CBS

2014 Statistics

Raiders Offense / Jets Defense
20.1 PPG(24th) / 24.2 PPG(19th)
333.8 YPG(23rd) / 334.9 YPG(11th)
208.8 PYPG(24th) / 246.7 PYPG (22nd)
125.0 RYPG(12th) / 88.3 RYPG (3rd)

Jets Offense / Raiders Defense
18.1 PPG(29th) / 28.3 PPG (29th)
318.1 YPG(25th) / 363.7 YPG (22nd)
183.3 PYPG(31st) / 255.8 PYPG (28th)
134.9 RYPG(6th) / 107.9 RYPG (13th)

























Let's go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 1927
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders pass rush is legit, we can't take them lightly. They have Woodley, Tuck and Mack. The secondary isn't that bad either with Hayden, Rogers, Branch and Woodson. A good test for our revamped offense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NewAge


Joined: 01 Sep 2014
Posts: 494
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
The Raiders pass rush is legit, we can't take them lightly. They have Woodley, Tuck and Mack. The secondary isn't that bad either with Hayden, Rogers, Branch and Woodson. A good test for our revamped offense.

I know Tuck had a nice season last year, but he's 31 and well past his prime. Woodley looked slow and washed up last year.

Not too impressed with that secondary. Hayden wasn't very good last year. Rogers wasn't either and he's 33. Branch is a decent starter. Woodson is on his very last legs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 16485
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, NewAge I'm assuming you were a previous member?

It will be a battle of defenses this weekend. We need to start off the season with a win though, because the next few games after this will be a lot tougher.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
KBS756


Joined: 01 Oct 2005
Posts: 5894
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewAge wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
The Raiders pass rush is legit, we can't take them lightly. They have Woodley, Tuck and Mack. The secondary isn't that bad either with Hayden, Rogers, Branch and Woodson. A good test for our revamped offense.

I know Tuck had a nice season last year, but he's 31 and well past his prime. Woodley looked slow and washed up last year.

Not too impressed with that secondary. Hayden wasn't very good last year. Rogers wasn't either and he's 33. Branch is a decent starter. Woodson is on his very last legs.


I'm mostly worried about our DB play I think we can survive their Defense as long as we don't have our D blow it for us on the back end
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NewAge


Joined: 01 Sep 2014
Posts: 494
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
NewAge wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
The Raiders pass rush is legit, we can't take them lightly. They have Woodley, Tuck and Mack. The secondary isn't that bad either with Hayden, Rogers, Branch and Woodson. A good test for our revamped offense.

I know Tuck had a nice season last year, but he's 31 and well past his prime. Woodley looked slow and washed up last year.

Not too impressed with that secondary. Hayden wasn't very good last year. Rogers wasn't either and he's 33. Branch is a decent starter. Woodson is on his very last legs.


I'm mostly worried about our DB play I think we can survive their Defense as long as we don't have our D blow it for us on the back end

I agree. I think the key is to get pressure on Carr. If we do that, I don't see Carr getting the chance to exploit our secondary.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KBS756


Joined: 01 Oct 2005
Posts: 5894
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewAge wrote:
KBS756 wrote:
NewAge wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
The Raiders pass rush is legit, we can't take them lightly. They have Woodley, Tuck and Mack. The secondary isn't that bad either with Hayden, Rogers, Branch and Woodson. A good test for our revamped offense.

I know Tuck had a nice season last year, but he's 31 and well past his prime. Woodley looked slow and washed up last year.

Not too impressed with that secondary. Hayden wasn't very good last year. Rogers wasn't either and he's 33. Branch is a decent starter. Woodson is on his very last legs.


I'm mostly worried about our DB play I think we can survive their Defense as long as we don't have our D blow it for us on the back end

I agree. I think the key is to get pressure on Carr. If we do that, I don't see Carr getting the chance to exploit our secondary.


True how's their Offensive line?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NewAge


Joined: 01 Sep 2014
Posts: 494
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
NewAge wrote:
KBS756 wrote:
NewAge wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
The Raiders pass rush is legit, we can't take them lightly. They have Woodley, Tuck and Mack. The secondary isn't that bad either with Hayden, Rogers, Branch and Woodson. A good test for our revamped offense.

I know Tuck had a nice season last year, but he's 31 and well past his prime. Woodley looked slow and washed up last year.

Not too impressed with that secondary. Hayden wasn't very good last year. Rogers wasn't either and he's 33. Branch is a decent starter. Woodson is on his very last legs.


I'm mostly worried about our DB play I think we can survive their Defense as long as we don't have our D blow it for us on the back end

I agree. I think the key is to get pressure on Carr. If we do that, I don't see Carr getting the chance to exploit our secondary.


True how's their Offensive line?

Lacking in chemistry for sure.

LT Donald Penn and RG Austin Howard (remember him?) are new additions. RT Menelik Watson started only three games as a rookie last year. They planned to sign Roger Saffold to start at LG, but were forced to bring back Khalif Barnes after Saffold failed his physical. Stefen Wisniewski is pretty good at center.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 1927
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Raiders will try and make the game easier for Carr with short passes, knowing this our DBs should take some chances with safety help. I'm confident our front 7 will do well against the run, and I think we get to Carr a few times for sacks. I'd love to see the Jets offense come out and make a statement, proving we can put up points thus year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 16485
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our front 7 should definitely contain their RBs and get after Carr. I agree, he shouldn't be able to test our secondary much. I'm sure we will let Dee sit and rest this weekend if he's not fully healthy, in order to give him a chance to come back Week 2 healthier.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
NewAge


Joined: 01 Sep 2014
Posts: 494
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 1 GDT: Oakland Raiders @ New York Jets Reply with quote

NewAge wrote:

Note who #28 is in this picture.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mikejets22


Joined: 02 Mar 2013
Posts: 568
Location: Putnam
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 1 GDT: Oakland Raiders @ New York Jets Reply with quote

NewAge wrote:
NewAge wrote:

Note who #28 is in this picture.


Jeeze - I hope Geno is well across the goal line (can't really tell in the pic) - otherwise that is the most Cromartian effort I've seen by a DB on a tackle since Shonn Green vs SD.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetskid007


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 7955
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be a much more interesting match up then I initially thought when the schedule was released.

The key to this game will be Rex Ryan's ability to confuse the rookie Derek Carr and provide protection for our corners. Personally, I would rather them hold out Milliner and roll with what they've got against a rookie QB... Milliner needs to get healthy for Green Bay
_________________

New York Sack Exchange Redux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich51


Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1081
Location: WPB Fl via Jc NJ
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On paper this looks like our only "easy" game all season. I would like to see us make a statement - get a good pass rush on Carr, stops the run, move the ball on offense and make no turnovers or stupid penalties.

I know no game is easy but darn we got the whole black and blue division, Denver, KC, Pittsburgh, San Diego plus our own division rivals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NY state of min


Joined: 02 Jun 2014
Posts: 978
Location: johto
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets 24-10
_________________

Thanks to IDOG Detroit for the sig

What do Bucs and Jets fans have in common? They hate the dolphins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 1 of 30

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group