Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We've had some horrible draft picks in the last few years
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richie jets

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject: We've had some horrible draft picks in the last few years Reply with quote

Now we can add Amaro and Milliner to the long list of bums we've taken high in the draft. ; Couples , Stephen Hill, Kyle Wilson, vlad (lol),I'll throw in Gholsten and Sanchez but they're going back a bit. All I can say is thank god for free agency. We can also add Geno now.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: We've had some horrible draft picks in the last few year Reply with quote

richie jets wrote:
Now we can add Amaro and Milliner to the long list of bums we've taken high in the draft. ; Couples , Stephen Hill, Kyle Wilson, vlad (lol),I'll throw in Gholsten and Sanchez but they're going back a bit. All I can say is thank god for free agency. We can also add Geno now.

No question, like I said in my post yesterday, in the last seven drafts the 14 players we took in the first two rounds Only 4 players were any good, the other 10 flat out sucked. I do agree we have done very well in the FA market. As things stand right now we have no RT, and we are carrying 4 QB's, how many guys does it take to carry a clip board. The resigning of DEAD ARM has put us in a cap hole, and also screwed up the roster. I think I lot of our problems is because we have a weak owner, he is a nice man and I am not putting him in the same category as the Wilpon's. I am willing to give up my Mets playoff tickets for a RT.
richie jets

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit as bad as keeping 4 qbs is I kind of get it. Petty if he can't go on ir played himself in. Hack you can't cut because Houston will grab him. Geno as bad is he is is the best option as a back up. He did go 8-8 on a bad team once. If fits gets a 2 3 week injury , geno can actually go 1-2 or 2-1. As far as right tackle goes breno hasn't been a very good at all. Maybe these guys are starters they've been on the roster a coupe years if they can't play they need to go. Remember we had Austin Howard sir behind Wayne hunter in 2011 , Howard was much better.
jetjuice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: We've had some horrible draft picks in the last few year Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
richie jets wrote:

No question, like I said in my post yesterday, in the last seven drafts the 14 players we took in the first two rounds Only 4 players were any good, the other 10 flat out sucked. I do agree we have done very well in the FA market. As things stand right now we have no RT, and we are carrying 4 QB's, how many guys does it take to carry a clip board. The resigning of DEAD ARM has put us in a cap hole, and also screwed up the roster. I think I lot of our problems is because we have a weak owner, he is a nice man and I am not putting him in the same category as the Wilpon's. I am willing to give up my Mets playoff tickets for a RT.

How has resigning Fitzpatrick put us in a cap hole or screwed up our roster? Confused

It's a one year deal. Nothing is going to happen this year that is a direct result of being in cap hell. His contract comes off the books next year and buys us a year of development for Bryce or Hack. So I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Just sounds like you're mad tbh.
Rich51

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: We've had some horrible draft picks in the last few year Reply with quote

jetjuice wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
richie jets wrote:

How has resigning Fitzpatrick put us in a cap hole or screwed up our roster? Confused

It's a one year deal. Nothing is going to happen this year that is a direct result of being in cap hell. His contract comes off the books next year and buys us a year of development for Bryce or Hack. So I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Just sounds like you're mad tbh.

We actually paid him 5m that's included in next year's cap.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: We've had some horrible draft picks in the last few year Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
jetjuice wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
richie jets wrote:

Jet Juice: You are right I am mad, we have done nothing in the draft for years to strengthen our O line, right now we are so thin on the line if we have one or two guys go down we are in serious trouble. We have no RT no TE who is going to block on the right side of the O line. So what did we do near the end of the 2016 draft we draft a OT with very slow feet & weak hands ( as per the scouting reports on Shell. It looks like another year of dump off pass after dump pass all year long.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: We've had some horrible draft picks in the last few year Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
jetjuice wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
richie jets wrote:

Jet Juice: You are right I am mad, we have done nothing in the draft for years to strengthen our O line, right now we are so thin on the line if we have one or two guys go down we are in serious trouble. We have no RT no TE who is going to block on the right side of the O line. So what did we do near the end of the 2016 draft we draft a OT with very slow feet & weak hands ( as per the scouting reports on Shell. It looks like another year of dump off pass after dump pass all year long.

To be fair there have been no worthy OL to take in the past 2 drafts when we've selected. We took the BPA according to our board, I'll take BPA in the first and then look for needs in the second and beyond. If you reach that's why you get bad picks.

Gholston - workout warrior we reached cause we thought Pats would take him
Sanchez - We didn't have a QB so we reached, granted we didn't give up anything to get him really.
Wilson - Rex loved his corners, I think he was probably a toss up.
Dee - just traded Revis, we reached. He was always injury prone.
Geno - not a reach but we could have seen the attitude after he complained about not going in the first
Hill - amazing metrics but thats it
Vlad - god he was so bad
xenajets

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: We've had some horrible draft picks in the last few year Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
jetjuice wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
richie jets wrote:

To be fair there have been no worthy OL to take in the past 2 drafts when we've selected. We took the BPA according to our board, I'll take BPA in the first and then look for needs in the second and beyond. If you reach that's why you get bad picks.

Sanchez - We didn't have a QB so we reached, granted we didn't give up anything to get him really.
Geno - not a reach but we could have seen the attitude after he complained about not going in the first
Vlad - god he was so bad

Don't think Dee was a reach whatsoever as at the time I think the Jags picking 3rd was his most likely destination and wasn't supposed to slip out of the top 5.
His fantastic 40 time at the combine was his final tick of the box so to speak and supposed sure thing!! How wrong the draft experts were!!

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: We've had some horrible draft picks in the last few year Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
jetjuice wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
richie jets wrote:

Vlad - god he was so bad

Don't think Dee was a reach whatsoever as at the time I think the Jags picking 3rd was his most likely destination and wasn't supposed to slip out of the top 5.
His fantastic 40 time at the combine was his final tick of the box so to speak and supposed sure thing!! How wrong the draft experts were!!

You are right he was absolutely a top 3 talent in that draft but there is a reason he fell to us, he was injured all the time in college. He was lucky not to miss many games but he was never healthy. That was his biggest knock coming out.
xenajets

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: We've had some horrible draft picks in the last few year Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
xenajets wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
jetjuice wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
richie jets wrote:

Vlad - god he was so bad

You are right he was absolutely a top 3 talent in that draft but there is a reason he fell to us, he was injured all the time in college. He was lucky not to miss many games but he was never healthy. That was his biggest knock coming out.

I know it's a crying shame he didn't pan out just like many of our other top picks. We could/should of had a stating tandem of Revis and Dee which would be lights out. Shame it never worked out for him.

Bobby816

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the whole we can't judge this new regime quite yet statements, bc we don't know if what they've done in the draft and even FA for that matter is helping build a team. But previous regimes here in NY have just been awful. Outside of our DLine and Oryor I can't really say we have good players we've drafted that are in this team. Revis is now a FA acquisition not a drafted player. Harris I like but he's about done in his career. On offense anything that we have that's good is a FA. Powell is as close as good player we have on offense that's drafted.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I get the whole we can't judge this new regime quite yet statements, bc we don't know if what they've done in the draft and even FA for that matter is helping build a team. But previous regimes here in NY have just been awful. Outside of our DLine and Oryor I can't really say we have good players we've drafted that are in this team. Revis is now a FA acquisition not a drafted player. Harris I like but he's about done in his career. On offense anything that we have that's good is a FA. Powell is as close as good player we have on offense that's drafted.

we have to give Bowles and Mac a chance and I think it'll pay off but before then we drafted terrible. Had to change. Even mac has to be better and not take projects in round two.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
doumeyer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: We've had some horrible draft picks in the last few year Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
xenajets wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
jetjuice wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
richie jets wrote:

Vlad - god he was so bad

I know it's a crying shame he didn't pan out just like many of our other top picks. We could/should of had a stating tandem of Revis and Dee which would be lights out. Shame it never worked out for him.

Even when he was healthy his first year he was bench three times, because he was bet like a drum so many times.
xenajets

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: We've had some horrible draft picks in the last few year Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
xenajets wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
xenajets wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
jetjuice wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
richie jets wrote:

Vlad - god he was so bad

Even when he was healthy his first year he was bench three times, because he was bet like a drum so many times.

That's true although he picked it up towards the end of that year with a few interceptions and both AFC defensive player of the week and NFL rookie of the month.

rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: We've had some horrible draft picks in the last few year Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
doumeyer wrote:

That's true although he picked it up towards the end of that year with a few interceptions and both AFC defensive player of the week and NFL rookie of the month.

You'd think he'd love Dee given how much he loves Geno with similar accolades. Dee was playing in a secondary that was equally as pitiful as the offensive side of the ball.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: