Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fame's 2015 Jets prediction
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your opinion?
Love It
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Hate It
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Meh
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Are you kidding?
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

famousj

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Fame's 2015 Jets prediction Reply with quote

Time to join in the misery. Another rebuild job for the Jets.

Here is my bye week predictions for the 2015 season.

Key moves

Rex Ryan , Marty Morninghwig are fired
John Idzik stays * I don't necessarily agree but he needs to finish his plan.

New HC : Todd Bowles
New OC : Matt Cavanaugh

Key cuts

RB Chris Johnson
LB Calvin Pace
LB Jason Babin

Key Free agent signings
QB Michael Vick
LB David Harris
LB Brian Orakpo
LB Justin Houston
OG James Carpenter
RB Mark Ingram
CB Brandon Flowers
DT Damon Harrison
DT Kenrick Ellis
TE Zach Miller
S George Wilson

* Jets ends the year with a 5 - 11 record and drafts 5th.

2015 NFL draft
Round 1 - WR Amari Cooper, Alabama
Round 2 - QB Brett Hundley, UCLA
Round 3 - RB Duke Johnson, Miami
Round 4 - *Traded to Seahawks for Harvin
Round 5 - OT Corey Robinson, South Carolina
Round 6 - ILB Trey DePriest, Alabama
Round 7 - CB Jonathan Mincy, Auburn

Offense

Quarterback
Mike Vick
Brett Hundley *Rookie
Geno Smith

Wide Receiver
Eric Decker
Jeremy Kerley
Shaq Evans

Wide Receiver
P. Harvin
Amari Cooper *Rookie

Tight End
Jace Amaro
Jeff Cumberland
Zach Miller

Left Tackle
D'Brickashaw Ferguson
Corey Robinson * Rookie

Left Guard
Oday Aboushi
Brian Winters

Center

Nick Mangold
Dalton Freeman

Right Guard
James Carpenter
Dakota Dozier

Right Tackle

Breno Giacomini
Wesley Johnson

Running Back
Chris Ivory
Mark Ingram *Free agent
Duke Johnson *Rookie

Fullback
Tommy Bohanon

Defense

Defensive End
Muhammed Wilkerson
Leger Douzable

Nose Tackle
Damon Harrison
Kenrick Ellis

Defensive Tackle
Sheldon Richardson
TJ Barnes

Left Outside Linebacker
Justin Houston *Free agent
Quinton Coples

Left Inside Linebacker
Demarro Davis
Trey DePriest * Rookie

Right Inside Linebacker
David Harris * Resigned
Nick Bellore

Right Outside Linebacker
Brian Orakpo *Free agent
Antwan Barnes

Left Cornerback
Dee Milliner
Darrin Walls
Jonathan Mincy *Rookie

Free Safety
Antonio Allen
Jaiquawn Jarrett

Strong Safety
Calvin Pryor
George Wilson * Free agent

Right Cornerback
Brandon Flowers
Dexter McDougle
Phillip Adams

Special Teams
Kicker
Nick Folk

Holder
R. Quigley

Punter
R. Quigley

Long Snapper
T. Purdum

Kick Returner
P. Harvin

Punt Returner
J. Kerley

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry man, I really don't like it. Purely because of the FA signings. We probably couldn't afford all of them for starters. We'll have about 25 mil or so to spend and Orakpo/Houston should command 20+ alone. I don't understand signing both nor do I really understand the Ingram or Z. Miller signings. Don't care for Hundley and I don't think Duke will make it to the 3rd, but wouldn't complain about the draft as a whole. It's very solid.

Props to JMG on the sig
ukjets21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No chance it happens and I don't even like it. It'd be like Tanny all over again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to see someone realize that the Jets probably aren't getting a sexy option at coach.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Sorry man, I really don't like it. Purely because of the FA signings. We probably couldn't afford all of them for starters. We'll have about 25 mil or so to spend and Orakpo/Houston should command 20+ alone. I don't understand signing both nor do I really understand the Ingram or Z. Miller signings. Don't care for Hundley and I don't think Duke will make it to the 3rd, but wouldn't complain about the draft as a whole. It's very solid.

According to overthecap the Jets will have at least 41mil in cap space going into 2015. Idzik is capologist. He will figure it out. Idzik had to spend the money next year. How is holding on to all cap space working out for the Jets? I did not go into details because this is just an early projection. Muhammed Wilkerson does not have to be re-signed for another year even though he would be grossly under paid. The Jets current sack leader is Muhammed Wilkerson with a whooping 4.5 sacks thru 10 games. The Jets need to re-vamp their pass rush. Ingram is an upgrade over Chris Johnson and will take the running game to another level along with Duke Johnson. RBs have been falling in drafts. I am not a big fan of Hundley either. I just used sportsline projections to pick a second round QB. Other than Mariota or Winston, the rest of the QBs are average. The Jets needed to at least try to improve the QB position. I was thinking more about improving the overall talent on the team.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

According to overthecap the Jets will have at least 41mil in cap space going into 2015. Idzik is capologist. He will figure it out. Idzik had to spend the money next year. How is holding on to all cap space working out for the Jets? I did not go into details because this is just an early projection. Muhammed Wilkerson does not have to be re-signed for another year even though he would be grossly under paid. The Jets current sack leader is Muhammed Wilkerson with a whooping 4.5 sacks thru 10 games. The Jets need to re-vamp their pass rush. Ingram is an upgrade over Chris Johnson and will take the running game to another level along with Duke Johnson. RBs have been falling in drafts. I am not a big fan of Hundley either. I just used sportsline projections to pick a second round QB. Other than Mariota or Winston, the rest of the QBs are average. The Jets needed to at least try to improve the QB position. I was thinking more about improving the overall talent on the team.
41 mil with 41 players on the active roster. 7.5 mil or so is going to draft picks alone leaving you at 33.5 mil. Cutting Johnson, Pace, and Babin gives you 5.5 mil back leaving you at 39 mil, right? So let's look at re-signings. Vick, Harris, Ellis, and Snacks. Let's say Ellis signs cheap at about 1.5 mil per, that puts you at 37.5. Vick, Harris, and Snacks alone will cost you at least 12.5 mil. Vick will prob get 3-4 mil, Harris around 4-5 mil, and I'd think Snacks would want to be paid like a top 10 NT in the league leaving him at about 6 mil. On the low-end, that's 13 mil taking you to 24.5 mil. Now, you can backload contracts, etc, but you don't want us to be in cap hell forever. Orakpo will get 7-8 mil easy on the open market, Houston 10+, Ingram prob 4 mil or so, and Flowers will get more than 3 mil per year, which again, on the low end already takes you over the cap. Also, why would we want Ingram when him and Ivory are nearly identical types of RB's?

Props to JMG on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mind the draft except for the Hundley pick. I don't like him. The FA confuses the heck out of me. Why would we and how could we afford signing both Orakpo and Houston? There's no need for Ingram. No need for Miller.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd punch a child if this happened
rampantjet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arg, where to begin. First i will never understand the Orakpo thing, he wasn't even close to being the best pass rusher on his team (Kerrigan). He had .5 sacks in 7 games.... we have 3 guys in our secondary with as many or more sacks as that lol (Wilson=1, Pryor=.5, Dawan=1.5), and he is gonna get a decent amount of money just on name recognition. Add in that he is on the IR yearly that is just a massive waste of money.

I like Houston but he is getting to the point where it is likely that he is in the midst of his best season, and he is gonna get a boatload of cash. We have to many other needs to pay him the crazy deal he may end up getting.

Don't really want Vick back, just another year older, and he is so meh.

Ingram isn't really needed, signing RB's makes no sense to me since you can just draft good ones late in the draft who haven't been beaten down yet, and you barely have to pay them anything.

Love Amari Cooper, but I almost doubt that he is still there at pick #5, though who knows that could be the case.

Hundley is horrible at football, and i see no evidence that he will ever be good at football.

Investing probably 4 million or so into Ingram, already paying Ivory 3 or so million, and then using a 3rd round pick on Johnson seems like massive overkill for the easiest position to fill in football.

If this is how our team looked next year i would probably bribe a doctor to induce a coma till mid February to save myself more pain.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your leaving out trading for Andrew Luck and JJ Watt! This must have been a dream where we sign everyone and dont end up in cap hell.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Mr.O

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too Many free agent signings.

Props to CalhounLambeau on the Sig/Avy
Rich51

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that this was a tongue in cheek posting just to let off a little steam. Otherwise why the "are you kidding" choice?
jetfuel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this mock. Getting Hundley and Cooper would be a major up grade. I know a lot of people don't like Hundley but he has everything that a NFL QB needs. He will surprise people during the combine and team workouts.

The only thing I hate is resigning David Harris. I have no idea why people want this bum back. He offers nothing on the field anymore and is not this great leader everyone talks about. We need some young blood for the linebackers.
Mr.O

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
I love this mock. Getting Hundley and Cooper would be a major up grade. I know a lot of people don't like Hundley but he has everything that a NFL QB needs. He will surprise people during the combine and team workouts.

The only thing I hate is resigning David Harris. I have no idea why people want this bum back. He offers nothing on the field anymore and is not this great leader everyone talks about. We need some young blood for the linebackers.

Don't understand the Harris hate, yes he lost a step but he's still solid in run support, still plays with great instincts for the game and is a great Vet presence in our Locker room

Props to CalhounLambeau on the Sig/Avy
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.O wrote:
jetfuel wrote:

Don't understand the Harris hate, yes he lost a step but he's still solid in run support, still plays with great instincts for the game and is a great Vet presence in our Locker room
I agree. He's a good guy to bring back for two years or so while we groom a rookie replacement behind him.

Props to JMG on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: