Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets Cuts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abe56

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Jets Cuts Reply with quote

They have started, with 11 of the first 15 required

Deion Barnes, Linebacker
Helva Matungulu, Defensive End
Jesse Davis, Offensive Lineman
Terry Williams, Running Back
Ross Martin, Kicker
Jason Vander Laan, Tight End
Kyle Friend, Center
Jarvis Harrison, Guard
Lache Seastrunk, Running Back
Shelby Harris, Defensive Lineman
Kyle Williams, Wide Receiver
Dion Bailey, Safety
Jake Ceresna, Defensive Lineman
Romar Morris, Running Back

Devin Smith to PUP

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/08/jets_cut_tracker_jets_begin_trimming_roster_down_t.html

Last edited by Abe56 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
NewAge

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praying Peake, Marshall, and Anderson all make it. Would love to see Middleton crack the 53 too.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrison is a huge waste of talent.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no real surprise here. The next round of cuts you will see some guys that are pretty good.

I think Geno will be cut on the last day. I think they are trying to get a draft pick for him.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was rooting for Kyle, but he wasn't getting any reps at all. Plus, Anderson, Peake, and Marshall beat out expectations.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
I see no real surprise here. The next round of cuts you will see some guys that are pretty good.

I think Geno will be cut on the last day. I think they are trying to get a draft pick for him.

If it comes down to keeping Geno and keeping another WR we better cut Geno. Season is over if he goes under center anyways I would rather have petty get the reps and learn than have Geno take me and continue to not learn anything

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
famousj

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:

I am resigned to the fact Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the starting QB Week 1. With Fitz at the helm there will be a time during the season the backup QB will be needed. You need the best available QB to be ready. That is Geno Smith which is best for the team which is ready to win now. I get the fact Geno’s days in a Jet uniform are numbered. Byrce Petty will be the QB cut before Week 1. Petty having ONE good game against other cap causalities does not make him a good QB. aka. Browning Nagle. GO JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
jetfuel wrote:

I am resigned to the fact Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the starting QB Week 1. With Fitz at the helm there will be a time during the season the backup QB will be needed. You need the best available QB to be ready. That is Geno Smith which is best for the team which is ready to win now. I get the fact Geno’s days in a Jet uniform are numbered. Byrce Petty will be the QB cut before Week 1. Petty having ONE good game against other cap causalities does not make him a good QB. aka. Browning Nagle. GO JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

compared to geno having no good games? Petty has 2 good games and everyone says start him he turns the ball over for the first time and we should cut him. How about we continue to stay the course because with Petty theres actual arm talent to go along with a BRAIN, something Geno wasn't blessed with.

Rockice_8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously doubt Petty is going anywhere. I was a big Geno supporter and think he could play well enough if he had to start, see the OAK game last year.

I do think though that he will get traded for a late pick though conditional 7th that could become a 6th if he plays a certain amount of snaps or something like that. I think DAL is the place behind Prescott.

If DEN (the superbowl champs) can have a 7th round QB be their starter then I don't see why we can't have a 4th rounder as our backup. Neither has thrown a regular season pass.

Props to Mack on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
I seriously doubt Petty is going anywhere. I was a big Geno supporter and think he could play well enough if he had to start, see the OAK game last year.

I do think though that he will get traded for a late pick though conditional 7th that could become a 6th if he plays a certain amount of snaps or something like that. I think DAL is the place behind Prescott.

If DEN (the superbowl champs) can have a 7th round QB be their starter then I don't see why we can't have a 4th rounder as our backup. Neither has thrown a regular season pass.

I think if we do get rid of 1 of the guys it will be Geno. But let's not forget that he and Petty are the same age. Petty is older then most sophomores in the NFL. But the fact that Petty is under contract for 2 more years when Geno is a FA after this year makes keeping petty smarter.
famousj

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a shame Ross Martin was cut. I have a feeling he will wind up a good kicker on another team
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

I think if we do get rid of 1 of the guys it will be Geno. But let's not forget that he and Petty are the same age. Petty is older then most sophomores in the NFL. But the fact that Petty is under contract for 2 more years when Geno is a FA after this year makes keeping petty smarter.

Geno is the same age and hasn't progressed. Petty has had less years in this system and appears more ready to handle a game than Geno. I'm not sure why you are so hung up on his age. It's not like he is Weeden coming out of college.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

Geno is the same age and hasn't progressed. Petty has had less years in this system and appears more ready to handle a game than Geno. I'm not sure why you are so hung up on his age. It's not like he is Weeden coming out of college.

I agree. Theres talent with Geno, theres no denying it, but he really lacks the mental aspect of the game and it keeps him from making progress. Petty and Hack are 10x more cerebral than Geno is. At the end of the day we need both. Petty and Hack have both, Geno does not. This is year 4 for him and he's made baby steps where your seeing the kid from the 1 read system go through progressions as throw a very good football. He's going to make mistakes, he hasn't had many reps, but its time we let him get the second team reps and continue to develop. Geno is gone next year regardless and even though he came in and played well against oakland he still turned the ball over and couldn't win the game. Season is over regardless if Fitz goes down.

Bobby816

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

I agree to an extent. But they've actually both been in this system the same time. And that was last year when Gailey got here. So Geno's 1st 2 years weren't under that system. It actually was a pretty difficult system regardless of who was at Qb back then.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowles announced that Fitz and Geno won't play Thursday. Petty and Hack will play. Not sure if that's us protecting our starter and backup or is not playing Geno bc we're trading him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: