Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jay Cutler
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetfuel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Jay Cutler Reply with quote

What do you guys think about Jay Cutler? I know he is way over paid but I think he is the best stop gap guy for us right now. The draft has no really good QB and I put Cutler above RG3. I think the jets could swing a deal where Cutler would take a pay cut to leave the Bears.

He does take a lot of blame but man there O-line is terrible. I have seen about 6 games of the Bears and he has like a half of second to throw the ball.
Jets913

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give a 3rd rounder for him if he took a pay cut. if he didn't take a pay cut then i'd give a 6th, maybe a 5th at best. i still prefer mariota and winston over him though, but if we get cutler then draft cooper, the best OL, or a pass rusher in the 1st it wouldn't be the end of the world. still need to draft a QB at some point though

Sig made by Jamison. Thank you!
CallOfKtulu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell no
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather take the SATs every Sunday then watch Cutler QB the Jets.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thank you, please drive through.
richie jets

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not with that contract , but if we got harbaugh, maybe
Davey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'd be the best quarterback this team has had in some time, but that's more a statement on the Jets than Cutler.

There is no doubt he can play some good football, but his mentality has always been in question and you're committing a lot of money to a player that historically needs weapons to be anything else than a turnover machine and while he's "only just" 31, he strikes me as a QB that is going to fizzle out by his mid-30's given his recent injury history and reliance on arm strength.

I think the Jets can still benefit from his trade, though. Perhaps the Bucs or Redskins invest in him and the Jets can grab one of the two top QBs (if Tennessee shows Mettenberger some faith).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is certainly better than what we have had, but just about anyone is. In a league where the goal is to win games, and more over to win big games, he just isn't a guy who comes through in that way.

Honestly i would rather take a chance on a younger guy, and get a coach who has some sort of track record developing QB's and see what we can get. Rather than paying a boatload of cash for a known non winner.
Davey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Idzik does return, would not be surprised at all if this is the move he makes. There's no way he can come back and not be aggressive addressing the QB position, whether that's at the top of the draft or through trade. He'll be fired by June if the Jets are going into minicamp with Geno Smith a legitimate chance to start.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Cutler, like I said in another thread. He was one of if not my favorite QB prospect not named Luck since the 04 class, but he literally doesn't care about football whatsoever and its written all over his face. This move should have been made in 09 not now.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Heymangold

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone but Geno.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Idzik fired regardkess. But if he's gonna make desperation moves if he stays then he really needs to be fired. We need smart moves.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I want Idzik fired regardkess. But if he's gonna make desperation moves if he stays then he really needs to be fired. We need smart moves.

Ya taking on a sinking ship of a QB for big money isn't really how you rebuild.
neauone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Cutler Reply with quote

Truth be told the Jets tried to trade for Cutler a few years back. I would gladly take Cutler for a draft choice. Draft Cooper in round 1 and begin the season with Cooper, Harvin , Decker and Amaro. Round 2 OL. The Jets would be crazy not to try to get him Woody would be all in on this ASAP. His contract would be managable with all the cap room the Jets will have next year. Look for the Jets to be major players in the Cutler sweepstakes PERIOD!!!!
jetfuel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jay Cutler would take a pay cut to be moved out of Chicago. I agree with a lot of you guys. He would be the best QB the jets have had in years. I think the jets should get him and draft a QB in next years draft and let him sit for a few years. This would put Cutler around 34 which would be a great time to move that guy in.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: