Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The International Football Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NZ has has some success against Honduras in the past, Beat them 1-0 in Dallas earlier this year. Whomever we play it is going to be close (If we make it through, but right now it looks good)

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
AlexM23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very relieved to win against Iraq.

We're now second but only on goal difference ahead of Oman lol.

Kiltman on the sig
dotmotion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen Hart out. Pep in!!!! Very Happy

Seriously though, the manager won't really matter for Canada. The squad is just terrible and the youth coming up from what I know isn't that much better. This was a winnable group for Canada and they blew it. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/10/15/3505476/eden-hazard-criticism-belgium

Nice little read here. It's absolutely ridiculous how inept Belgium is at implementing their best player into their lineup.

It's absolutely ridiculous how you clearly haven't seen a game of Belgium with or without Hazard and make statements like that. I'm Belgian and a big fan of Hazard, but he needs to change his ways if he wants to optimize the talents he has been given. A couple of remarks.

1) Hazard is not Belgium's best player right now. He is capable of becoming it, but right now he brings nowhere near the value a Kompany, Courtois, Witsel, Dembele or De Bruyne do. Look at the games. It's not he didn't get his chances; he had plenty of playing time for Belgium. His performances have been very poor.

2) The article is true in the fact that you can mask the lack of defensive effort of a player if he is absolutely dominant in the attack. The fact of the matter is that during games of the national team, Hazard did little to nothing offensively as well. That means you have a player who refuses to defend and who loses posession when taking risks. Sure there is a chance of him exploding and doing something fantastic (which he is very well capable of), but when it never happens, in the end you play with 10.

3) This is a deep Belgium team. Hazard can play on the wing and in the centre midfield and faces stiff competition on those positions from De Bruyne, Mirallas, Dembele, Witsel, Chadli & Mertens. Those aren't slouches either. They might lack the pure talent Eden has, but for the moment they compensate that more than enough with effort & tactical commitment.

4) Last night the coach put him on the bench as a wake up call. He started the 2nd half and what do you guess; no effort defensively & no added value offensively.

Great player, great potential, but little heart I'm afraid. The same was said of some of the other young Belgians when they bursted on the scene; a lot of talent but too much of a street football player and not professional enough. Kompany had that, Fellaini, Witsel, ... Those guys grew up. I hope Eden does the same.
The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So England/Poland will go ahead in 90 minutes.

Hart, Cole, Jagielka, Lescott, Johnson, Gerrard, Milner, Carrick, Cleverly, Defoe, Rooney.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn it Spain, lol. SMH @ late goal.

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wootah wrote:
Imarobot wrote:
http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/10/15/3505476/eden-hazard-criticism-belgium

Nice little read here. It's absolutely ridiculous how inept Belgium is at implementing their best player into their lineup.

It's absolutely ridiculous how you clearly haven't seen a game of Belgium with or without Hazard and make statements like that. I'm Belgian and a big fan of Hazard, but he needs to change his ways if he wants to optimize the talents he has been given. A couple of remarks.

1) Hazard is not Belgium's best player right now. He is capable of becoming it, but right now he brings nowhere near the value a Kompany, Courtois, Witsel, Dembele or De Bruyne do. Look at the games. It's not he didn't get his chances; he had plenty of playing time for Belgium. His performances have been very poor.

2) The article is true in the fact that you can mask the lack of defensive effort of a player if he is absolutely dominant in the attack. The fact of the matter is that during games of the national team, Hazard did little to nothing offensively as well. That means you have a player who refuses to defend and who loses posession when taking risks. Sure there is a chance of him exploding and doing something fantastic (which he is very well capable of), but when it never happens, in the end you play with 10.

3) This is a deep Belgium team. Hazard can play on the wing and in the centre midfield and faces stiff competition on those positions from De Bruyne, Mirallas, Dembele, Witsel, Chadli & Mertens. Those aren't slouches either. They might lack the pure talent Eden has, but for the moment they compensate that more than enough with effort & tactical commitment.

4) Last night the coach put him on the bench as a wake up call. He started the 2nd half and what do you guess; no effort defensively & no added value offensively.

Great player, great potential, but little heart I'm afraid. The same was said of some of the other young Belgians when they bursted on the scene; a lot of talent but too much of a street football player and not professional enough. Kompany had that, Fellaini, Witsel, ... Those guys grew up. I hope Eden does the same.

PWNT!

Oregon RB Tracker
Marshall: 90 rush yds(11.3), 138 rec yds(17.3), 2 TDs
Tyner: 64 rush yds(5.8 ), 8 rec yds(2.7), 0 TDs
Freeman: 75 rush yds(7.5), 11 rec yds(11), 2 TDs
91jmay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

England beyond awful but somehow are winning.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
England beyond awful but somehow are winning.

Dissapointed we couldn't see it out, but a draw isnt a terrible result in Poland Smile

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
ColumbusCrewzer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2016 Copa America will be in the USA and will feature all CONMEBOL nation plus USA, Mexico, and four other CONCACAF nations. I cannot wait. I'll be getting tickets for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColumbusCrewzer wrote:
The 2016 Copa America will be in the USA and will feature all CONMEBOL nation plus USA, Mexico, and four other CONCACAF nations. I cannot wait. I'll be getting tickets for sure.

That's awesome news -- have they announced cities yet that will host matches? If there's any in DC/Philly I'd surely try to make it out to one.

I've still yet to get to an International or even a meaningful club match.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
ColumbusCrewzer wrote:

That's awesome news -- have they announced cities yet that will host matches? If there's any in DC/Philly I'd surely try to make it out to one.

I've still yet to get to an International or even a meaningful club match.

Yeah if there's any in DC or Charlotte I'll go for sure. I went to the Brazil friendly at FedEx and the Jamaica Gold Cup match last year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please have Mexico in the NW!

Oregon RB Tracker
Marshall: 90 rush yds(11.3), 138 rec yds(17.3), 2 TDs
Tyner: 64 rush yds(5.8 ), 8 rec yds(2.7), 0 TDs
Freeman: 75 rush yds(7.5), 11 rec yds(11), 2 TDs
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty pumped about this. Didn't see it in here so I accidentally made a thread.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

England not on TV here but I heard the Zlatan has scored.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 62 of 100

Jump to: