Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Youth Football Thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
91jmay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Youth Football Thread Reply with quote

Thought it might be a nice idea to have a thread that collates stories about how youth teams are performing as I noticed they often get talked about in individual team threads. Will throw it international, so everyone can post here.

Obviously I only follow Wolves's youth team and we have a pretty strong youth academy that has produced 9 of our current first team squad: Carl Ikeme, Aaron McCarey, Ethan-Ebanks Landell, Danny Batth, Zeli Ismail, Anthony Forde, Jack Price (BIG talent this kid, mark his name down), David Davis, Jake Cassidy. In addition Liam McAlinden is one of our brightest talents but is currently on loan at Shrewsbury (2 goals in 3 games).

Wayne Hennessey is also on loan at Yeovil but is a proven solid keeper.

Obviously past names that have come from us include Joleon Lescott, Robbie Keane, Elliot Bennant, Mark Davies (spit), Karl Henry and Lee Naylor and the great Matt Murray.

Our U18s progressed into the next round of the Youth FA Cup on Tuesday by battering Burton Albion 5-0. Goalscorers included Bradley Reid who we signed as a 16 year old this year from Wrexham, who looks promising and Ibrahim Keita a French U16 international, who joined us at 15. He is a beast with power and pace who has a great goalscoring record and has started scoring for our U21 team at the age of 17.

That's a little Wolves round up, would be good if you could do one for your respective teams. Nice to hear about the prospects coming through (and then pass it off as your own knowledge down the pub).

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
yankee0724

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergi Samper>>>>>

Though he is on our B team now...

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Kempes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Mowatt is the most recent one for us. Made his debut a few months ago and has been largely outstanding since then. Been the best player on the pitch for us in about 90% of his games.

Very Jack Wilshere-esque in his style of play with the ball at his feet. Very calm on the ball, doesn't force anything. It's quite odd to see our experienced players panicking then Mowatt will take control of the game and calm it down.

He gave Will Hughes the run-around in the first half at Derby away a few weeks ago, that was when a lot of Leeds fans started to really realise what a talent he is.

Just been called up the England U19's squad with less than 10 professional appearances.
Kempes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Youth Football Thread Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Thought it might be a nice idea to have a thread that collates stories about how youth teams are performing as I noticed they often get talked about in individual team threads. Will throw it international, so everyone can post here.

Obviously I only follow Wolves's youth team and we have a pretty strong youth academy that has produced 9 of our current first team squad: Carl Ikeme, Aaron McCarey, Ethan-Ebanks Landell, Danny Batth, Zeli Ismail, Anthony Forde, Jack Price (BIG talent this kid, mark his name down), David Davis, Jake Cassidy. In addition Liam McAlinden is one of our brightest talents but is currently on loan at Shrewsbury (2 goals in 3 games).

Wayne Hennessey is also on loan at Yeovil but is a proven solid keeper.

Obviously past names that have come from us include Joleon Lescott, Robbie Keane, Elliot Bennant, Mark Davies (spit), Karl Henry and Lee Naylor and the great Matt Murray.

Our U18s progressed into the next round of the Youth FA Cup on Tuesday by battering Burton Albion 5-0. Goalscorers included Bradley Reid who we signed as a 16 year old this year from Wrexham, who looks promising and Ibrahim Keita a French U16 international, who joined us at 15. He is a beast with power and pace who has a great goalscoring record and has started scoring for our U21 team at the age of 17.

That's a little Wolves round up, would be good if you could do one for your respective teams. Nice to hear about the prospects coming through (and then pass it off as your own knowledge down the pub).

Does Anthony Forde play much?

I remember being impressed with him when we played you last year but I rarely hear much about him.
ukjets21

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've caught a few Liverpool u21 games, unfortunately Dortmund don't televise their own reserve games so I can only go on what I hear and the big ones were Durm and Hofmann, both now cemented in the first team squad if not starters.

For Liverpool:

Jordon Ibe is the best looking one, unless you count Sterling. Ibe has lightning pace and is a solid defender for a young wide player.

Teixera is always hyped but I've only seen him once and he did alright.

The others are Yesil, Morgan, McLaughlin (was destroyed by Januzaj) and Rossiter who is the next scouse hope (under 18 but playing for the under 21s).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only been able to watch the UEFA Youth League matches but so far Lewis Baker has been the real standout. Ake, Boga, Kiowmya, Ake, and Christensen have all looked pretty awesome too. Hard to get excited about youth tournament but Chelsea's squad has been dominant so far.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
I've only been able to watch the UEFA Youth League matches but so far Lewis Baker has been the real standout. Ake, Boga, Kiowmya, Ake, and Christensen have all looked pretty awesome too. Hard to get excited about youth tournament but Chelsea's squad has been dominant so far.

Nice to hear about Baker, wish he would have gotten a place on the team during the earlier stages of League Cup.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Kempes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:

Lucas Piazon has been killing it for Vitesse over in Holland on another note too.
91jmay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forde is going to be a solid pro for years but his problem is that he lacks any one specifically good attribute. He has ok pace, but not enough to be an out an out winger, is about 5'10, has a solid right foot and a decent left foot, can keep possession but rarely makes a killer pass. Just a 6/10 footballer, but there is worst things to produce from your youth academy.

Imarobot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempes wrote:
Imarobot wrote:

Lucas Piazon has been killing it for Vitesse over in Holland on another note too.

I've watched a few Vitesse games this year and Piazon is playing out of this world. Probably the best player in the Netherlands right now and you can expect him to score and assist in every game. It'll be really interesting to see what we end up doing with him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24985251

If he keeps his head on, he will be a top top player.

ThinkICare

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:
Rossiter who is the next scouse hope (under 18 but playing for the under 21s).

Hope he can stay focused on what he can and ignore to the best of his ability the comparisons to Gerrard. Last thing he needs is all that pressure.

Also don't forget about Chirivella. Already looking good in the very few games he's played already since Valencia were trying to complicate matters for awhile.
ElReyDeLosReyes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real Madrid youth group has tons. Will post when I get more sources.

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: