Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Aston Villa Thread!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28841
Location: Stam#PoWwW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: The Official Aston Villa Thread! Reply with quote

Because if there can be a Wolverhampton thread, there can be one for Villa.



Where we make friends out of enemies!



Where a 35 year old goaltender is considered young!



Where we have Super Marc!



Up the Villa!
_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.


Last edited by rabbisson on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:01 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29131
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres only one thing to open a topic like this with....




VILLAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29131
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albrighton - Bent - N'Zogbia

That is essentially what your teams success rides upon.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17295
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite like Villa, I usually wish them well.

However, it must be said, that thay have some of the worst singing I have ever heard at a football match. Its embarrassing Laughing
_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29131
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
I quite like Villa, I usually wish them well.

However, it must be said, that thay have some of the worst singing I have ever heard at a football match. Its embarrassing Laughing


What do you mean?

VILLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17295
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
kempus wrote:
I quite like Villa, I usually wish them well.

However, it must be said, that thay have some of the worst singing I have ever heard at a football match. Its embarrassing Laughing


What do you mean?

VILLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!


Literally that is the only song they have, and the only time you get to hear a chorus of it is after they score. Thats literally it, always makes me laugh.
_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29131
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
kempus wrote:
I quite like Villa, I usually wish them well.

However, it must be said, that thay have some of the worst singing I have ever heard at a football match. Its embarrassing Laughing


What do you mean?

VILLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!


Literally that is the only song they have, and the only time you get to hear a chorus of it is after they score. Thats literally it, always makes me laugh.


Villa, Villa, Villaaa, Villa, Villa, Villa, Vilaaaaaaaaaaaa! Viiiilla, Villa Villa, Villa... etc.

Had so many great nights out in Brum ripping the shizzle out of Villa fans.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EnglishLion20


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 11658
Location: England
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Shay Givens still the Shay Given of old....he could get us 10 points a season on his own....and i believe he'll be kept busy for us....our defence is ageing and with McLeishs sitting back style of football....its looking like Shay will be earning his wages unlike at Man City Very Happy
_________________


Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeeEvans


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 19650
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishLion20 wrote:
Hopefully Shay Givens still the Shay Given of old....he could get us 10 points a season on his own....and i believe he'll be kept busy for us....our defence is ageing and with McLeishs sitting back style of football....its looking like Shay will be earning his wages unlike at Man City Very Happy
If his preseason form is telling than I think you guys should be just fine.
_________________

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
dotmotion


Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 12002
Location: Vancouver
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested in seeing how these young guys from their academy does. Albrighton came in last season and had a great year and Ciaran Clark has been showing promise. Barry Bannan has a bit of hype too so I wonder if he might get some first team play.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EnglishLion20


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 11658
Location: England
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
EnglishLion20 wrote:
Hopefully Shay Givens still the Shay Given of old....he could get us 10 points a season on his own....and i believe he'll be kept busy for us....our defence is ageing and with McLeishs sitting back style of football....its looking like Shay will be earning his wages unlike at Man City Very Happy
If his preseason form is telling than I think you guys should be just fine.


We should be....but we thought that last year and up until April time we were still struggling looking over our shoulders...I believe we could Finish 10-12th and be safe....

Its imperitive we get off to a good start in the league though, otherwise the Villa Lynch mob will be in force for Mcleish and that never brings anything good to either players or the manager...
_________________


Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28841
Location: Stam#PoWwW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Albrighton - Bent - N'Zogbia

That is essentially what your teams success rides upon.


Honestly, the X-factor in my mind is Stephen Ireland, who has looked very good in the preseason.

If he could even play decently...he'll feed Bent and N'Zog balls all day long.

Right now, it looks like this may be the starting XI if I remember correctly.

ST Bent
LW N'Zogbia
RW Albrighton
CM (Attack Oriented) Ireland
CM (Stabilizer) Makoun
CM (Defender) Petrov
LB Warnock
CB Dunne
CB Collins
RB Young
GK Given

With Gabby, Bannan, Gardner, Heskey (he's looked good in the preseason!), Clark, Delfouneso, Delph, Cuellar and Beye (I guess?) on the bench as options.
_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.


Last edited by rabbisson on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28841
Location: Stam#PoWwW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:
I am interested in seeing how these young guys from their academy does. Albrighton came in last season and had a great year and Ciaran Clark has been showing promise. Barry Bannan has a bit of hype too so I wonder if he might get some first team play.


Bannan is meh. The guys I'm excited about are Gary Gardner and Fabian Delph. Delph has looked really good when he's been healthy, and Gardner has elite ability.

If they can help stabilize the CM, could be good tidings for Villa.
_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28841
Location: Stam#PoWwW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishLion20 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
If his preseason form is telling than I think you guys should be just fine.


We should be....but we thought that last year and up until April time we were still struggling looking over our shoulders...I believe we could Finish 10-12th and be safe.


I feel better about this year than last year tbh. It was always a cluster after O'Neill walked out on us. Houllier was lousy, but I didn't expect us to finish outside midtable thanks to all of the instability.

This year, though...with some breaks, I think we could get back to Europa.
_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeeEvans


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 19650
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
EnglishLion20 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
If his preseason form is telling than I think you guys should be just fine.


We should be....but we thought that last year and up until April time we were still struggling looking over our shoulders...I believe we could Finish 10-12th and be safe.


I feel better about this year than last year tbh. It was always a cluster after O'Neill walked out on us. Houllier was lousy, but I didn't expect us to finish outside midtable thanks to all of the instability.

This year, though...with some breaks, I think we could get back to Europa.
Those 7-12 spots are really tough to call. There are so many decent teams in the premier league. It is quite hard to seperate ourselves(Fulham), Villa, Everton, Sunderland, Newcastle, Stoke and Bolton.
_________________

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 1 of 73

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group