You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Aston Villa Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74, 75  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now to celebrate your contract in style Jackie Boy, let's see a goal against the Toffees this week.
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://7500toholte.sbnation.com/2014/10/17/6994797/aston-villa-fabian-delph-injury-surgery

FML Shocked Sad

I guess Carlos is going to get another shot at showing he can play in this league. His game against Arsenal was poor, but hopefully we can put that down to growing pains. He certainly looked alright in his performances off the bench.

A lot is also going to fall now on Ash and Cleverley, to pick up while Delph is out. If they don't, this will be a very long few months.
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N'Zogbia's shite. Cissokho's shite. Guzan's shite. This whole team has been shite since the flu game against Arsenal. Hard to watch right now.

Gotta wonder what a guy like Andi Weimann thinks during today's game. Dude gives 100% every game, always working hard, gets results about as much as anyone in this team, and he's got to sit back for the majority of the game while a fecking sloth like N'Zogbia runs out there in his place. Gotta be disheartening for the guy.
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[inappropriate/removed] disgrace this team is. don't think there's one player out there who is actually interested. alan bloody mutton has been our best attacking threat this season.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keanes hairdryer treatment obviously isn't having affect.

teamorange

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that game sucked

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

Buckrock101

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a goddamn disgrace. now we're without Chris for 3 game too because of one knobhead in yellow who doesn't know how to do his bloody job
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously it's good to get a win finally, and definitely a good sign to see Benteke back in a bit of form, but can't help feeling a little hollow, since it means Lambert's job will be locked up for a little while longer. Seems to me we aren't going to move forward while he's in charge. We might go on a nice run, win a few games, but then inevitably we'll have another terrible run, as we have at least once every season he's been in charge.

This latest run we've been on, and the fact that we haven't scored a second half goal in god knows how long, shows why Lambert isn't getting it done IMO. He doesn't make tactical changes as the game goes on, he's reluctant to make any subs, whether the guys on the pitch are working or not, and whenever we score a goal we always go into a shell and start wasting time. It's unbelievably frustrating, and in his 3rd year in charge now, I don't think we can say he's going to be getting that much better.

We have talent on the pitch. I'm really liking the CB pairing of Clark and Okore right now, Chris showed today how good he can be when he's on form, and a lot of the other lads have shown flashes. We just need someone who can utilize them, and get our club to where it should be... not getting outclassed by QPR and getting into dogfights with Palace/Burnley.

(rant over)
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk is Delph and Vlaar may be a chance for this weekend's derby. Quite a pleasant, surprise, particularly in the case of Delph. Wasn't expecting him back for about a month or so yet, and we need all the help we can get in midfield right now with Ash and Cleverley injured.

As far as Vlaar goes, I'm honestly not that excited about him coming back. Okore and Clark have been doing a great job together, they seem to have good chemistry, they're young, and they're just going to continue to get better with more playing time. I'd like to stick with these two. It also doesn't help that Vlaar seems to get injured a couple of times every year, and when that's happening to your top CB, it really makes it difficult to get consistency in defense. At this point, I'd welcome his sale this summer. Re-invest that money, go ahead with what we have now.
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of our midfield options out for next weekend's game... Richardson suspended, Cleverley can't play against United, Westwood and Cole injured. Don't want to get my hopes up about seeing Grealish getting a start, but there aren't a whole lot more options.
teamorange

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Villa should only start 10 men

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

Buckrock101

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
I think Villa should only start 10 men

Whatever it takes to convince Lambert to play Bacuna and Grealish...
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren Bent with another crucial goal for Derby.

I can't believe Lambert didn't think he was ever worth a look in. Even as pure goalscorer.

Buckrock101

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:

I can't believe Lambert didn't think he was ever worth a look in. Even as pure goalscorer.

He did have a run now and then under Lambert, and never looked like scoring. Then again, no one else has this season either. Don't think it was really a loss having him leave while Paul was in charge.

Now that Sherwood's here you do have to think what could have been, with a manager that may have actually utilized him. Oh well, we should have Kozak back soon in that role anyway.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckrock101 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

He did have a run now and then under Lambert, and never looked like scoring. Then again, no one else has this season either. Don't think it was really a loss having him leave while Paul was in charge.

Now that Sherwood's here you do have to think what could have been, with a manager that may have actually utilized him. Oh well, we should have Kozak back soon in that role anyway.

Stripping him of the captaincy day 1 probably took a hit to his confidence. Lambert burnt those bridges almost as soon as he stepped through those doors.

I just can't believe Lambert would rather the goal shy Gabby or Wiesmann over Bent as a "need a goal" option.

Wonder if there is the option to recall him.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 73 of 75

Jump to: