You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Aston Villa Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 73, 74, 75  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28904
Location: #PoWwW York City
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
EnglishLion20 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
If his preseason form is telling than I think you guys should be just fine.


We should be....but we thought that last year and up until April time we were still struggling looking over our shoulders...I believe we could Finish 10-12th and be safe.


I feel better about this year than last year tbh. It was always a cluster after O'Neill walked out on us. Houllier was lousy, but I didn't expect us to finish outside midtable thanks to all of the instability.

This year, though...with some breaks, I think we could get back to Europa.
Those 7-12 spots are really tough to call. There are so many decent teams in the premier league. It is quite hard to seperate ourselves(Fulham), Villa, Everton, Sunderland, Newcastle, Stoke and Bolton.


Agreed. I think the first match against Fulham will be a tough one. IMO, Villa, Fulham, Everton and maybe Newcastle should, theoretically, be on a level just above the other three.

I also don't think we should be coronating Liverpool just yet. That sixth spot is very much up for grabs IMO, and it should be fun to see who gets it.
_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeeEvans


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 25177
Location: 410 MD
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Liverpool just have too much talent to not be able to get that 6th spot. Also I really think Stoke are going to have a good season.

I think we will get the three points against you guys to start the season in all honesty. We are at home and always have great form there. I think the fact we have been playing competitive matches for a month will also help quite a lot and that could be the difference.
_________________

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28904
Location: #PoWwW York City
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
I think Liverpool just have too much talent to not be able to get that 6th spot. Also I really think Stoke are going to have a good season.

I think we will get the three points against you guys to start the season in all honesty. We are at home and always have great form there. I think the fact we have been playing competitive matches for a month will also help quite a lot and that could be the difference.


Liverpool has a ton of talent, but I also think that some of their purchases during this transfer cycle were extremely overvalued. Downing, for example. I don't think he'll give them nearly as much as some fans assume.

Stoke will probably do what they always do: play teams tough, maybe poach a lucky win or three, but still not be able to get over that final threshold. Both Villa and Fulham should be better than them.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to you (and I like Fulham, so I wouldn't necessarily mind), but I expect McLeish to (unfortunately) park the bus a bit so we may hold out for a draw. Not expecting an opening win though. We just played Braga really tough on the road though, so that's a positive sign.
_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 33914
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunderland will be strong this year too.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeeEvans


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 25177
Location: 410 MD
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Sunderland will be strong this year too.
I definitely agree. They are going to be very interesting at all. I don't losing Henderson will hurt them at all.
_________________

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
EnglishLion20


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 11689
Location: England
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact Liverpool have gone out and added a lot of Talent should put them in the running above Villa/Sunderland/Fulham/ Everton etc, they wont be challenging for the laegue but will be in the mix of 5th and 6th...

Fulham are strong at home, they drew a lot of games last year and it will be 1-0 Fulham or 1-1...wont be high scoring...
_________________
Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 33914
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G - Kieran Westwood

D - Wes Brown
D - John O'Shea
D - Michael Turner
D - Kieran Richardson

M - Sebastian Larsson
M - Lee Cattermole
M - David Vaughan
M - Ahmed Elmohamady

F - Asamoah Gyan
F - Connor Wickham
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeeEvans


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 25177
Location: 410 MD
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishLion20 wrote:
The fact Liverpool have gone out and added a lot of Talent should put them in the running above Villa/Sunderland/Fulham/ Everton etc, they wont be challenging for the laegue but will be in the mix of 5th and 6th...

Fulham are strong at home, they drew a lot of games last year and it will be 1-0 Fulham or 1-1...wont be high scoring...
To be fair the second half of the season we a totally different team and scored a lot more than in years past. Hughes had us playing a lot more open than Hodgson did and it was beginning to pay off.

And Texans UK that is a pretty damn good line up for Sunderland, they have some pretty good depth too. Should be in contention for Europe unless they fall apart like last season.
_________________

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
EnglishLion20


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 11689
Location: England
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
EnglishLion20 wrote:
The fact Liverpool have gone out and added a lot of Talent should put them in the running above Villa/Sunderland/Fulham/ Everton etc, they wont be challenging for the laegue but will be in the mix of 5th and 6th...

Fulham are strong at home, they drew a lot of games last year and it will be 1-0 Fulham or 1-1...wont be high scoring...


To be fair the second half of the season we a totally different team and scored a lot more than in years past. Hughes had us playing a lot more open than Hodgson did and it was beginning to pay off.


Martin Jol will no doubt have you playing like you did under Hughes, good free flowing football... Big news for us is that N'Zogbia should be fit so at least we'll have an attacking option on the field... but were basically pinning everything on him in his first league match for us really...
_________________
Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28904
Location: #PoWwW York City
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What time should I wake up (ET) to catch this match tomorrow?
_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EnglishLion20


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 11689
Location: England
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We kick off at 3pm, ET 10am....ETs 5 hours behind us i think...
_________________
Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28904
Location: #PoWwW York City
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishLion20 wrote:
We kick off at 3pm, ET 10am....ETs 5 hours behind us i think...


It's going to be on ESPN, apparently! Already recorded.
_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeeEvans


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 25177
Location: 410 MD
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
EnglishLion20 wrote:
We kick off at 3pm, ET 10am....ETs 5 hours behind us i think...


It's going to be on ESPN, apparently! Already recorded.
Oh wow. They had to find a game to replace the Tottenham v Everton game, I'm a bit surprised it was Aston Villa v Fulham. I am absolutely delighted though.
_________________

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28904
Location: #PoWwW York City
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
EnglishLion20 wrote:
We kick off at 3pm, ET 10am....ETs 5 hours behind us i think...


It's going to be on ESPN, apparently! Already recorded.
Oh wow. They had to find a game to replace the Tottenham v Everton game, I'm a bit surprised it was Aston Villa v Fulham. I am absolutely delighted though.


Yup, so said the ticker during the LLWS game anyway.
_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EnglishLion20


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 11689
Location: England
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Villas starting line up for the match at Fulham

Given, Young, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Petrov, Delph, N'Zogbia, Heskey, Agbonlahor, Bent.

Subs: Guzan, Albrighton, Bannan, Clark, Delfouneso, Ireland, Makoun.

Dissapointed that Heskey is starting on the wing no doubt....should be Albrighton for me,
_________________
Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 2 of 75

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group