Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Aston Villa Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 28913
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckrock101 wrote:
If Lerner doesn't free up some damn money, we're going down...


Yup.

Everyone else is going to strengthen.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EnglishLion20


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 11646
Location: England
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Buckrock101 wrote:
If Lerner doesn't free up some damn money, we're going down...


Yup.

Everyone else is going to strengthen.


Money is there, it always has been....

Attracting players to a sinking ship is the hard part, and Villa wont pay the astronomical wages that footballs go to...

Lambert did spend 23 Million in the Summer, although it looks like double that is needed.
_________________


Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
teamorange


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 13029
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should've won but I'll take a point. Beggers can't be choosers. At least we are out of relegation
_________________
quietjetsket wrote:
skrILL wrote:

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Buckrock101


Moderator
Joined: 14 Oct 2007
Posts: 30056
Location: Sudden Valley
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big shame not to get the 3, but on the positive side it was a whole different outfit to what we have been seeing. I think Vlaar is the key for us. Without his leadership we're a team of lost sheep.
_________________


IrishGreen wrote:
buck comes thru in the clutch
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
All Hail Buckrock
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
EnglishLion20


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 11646
Location: England
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well 2 Debacles in a week to lower league opposition, Credit first to Bradford and Millwall, they wanted it more than Villa, but Villas utter ineptitude to defend corners, and set pieces in general is pathetic and will always undo any good work they may do on the pitch.

Sad truth is the club is in a downward spiral, and looks certain for relegation the way its played over the last 4-5 weeks certainly, only surprise is they are not in the bottom 3.

The bigger picture is, why are Villa in this position?, Yes there are some deep rooted problems which go a lot higher up the food chain than Paul Lambert, Villa are struggling, crying out for a leader, and there isnt a hoot from the Chairman, Villa desperately need experience, and Yes I agree no even proven PL Player would come to this sinking ship, cant help feel Villa should have at LEAST a loan signing or 2 in the weakest areas.

Lerner seems content to stick with Lambert, even if they go down from what i've read which means Lerner is happy to sit by and watch Villa get relegated, You'd think the loss of TV Money in itself would be enough for him to shell out money.........which he does have.....Villa aren't asking for 200 Million.....just another 20 Million to make sure relegation dosent happen, which may sound a lot, but in today's football world, and to Mr Lerner, the owner its peanuts. If he has lost interest, fine.......do the decent think and sell to somebody else...The fact he can just sit and watch a club of this history and heritage....just sink and die and not do anything is puzzling and disrespectful to everybody concerned with it.

However, Paul Lambert is not totally blameless....I rate him as a manager, but perhaps this job came at the wrong time, he is struggling tactically, some of his subs at times make you think what game has he been watching, and finally the biggie...

Spent 23 Million pounds on players with a total of 45 mins premier league experience?....and with the likes of Dunne, Petrov cornerstones of the team out long term, which are vital if you are throwing so much inexperience together in this league at once, was the wrong way to go....the balance is all out of sync.

As of now its my belief that Lambert has lost the dressing room, many players arguing with him, and turning their backs on him when hes talking during/after the Millwall game, once you've lost the dressing room, your done as the manager IMO.

Lambert has helped make a tough job to begin with, almost impossible now.

Villa are embarrassing on the football pitch, but they are no Reading, Wigan (with the greatest of respect), Spent 23 Million in the summer, sold 21,000 season tickets, had 12 internationals in the squad...Villa shouldn't be.

While the majority of the football world will be enjoying the Villa plight to the Championship Abyss, the bigger picture is, its a footballing shame watching one of the bigger clubs fade away due to lack of interest from the Chairman Browns fans wanted out for so long, who leaves Faulkner in charge who is Matt Millen of the Soccer world, great at talking to the press and comes across very well, but behind closed doors....needs all the help he can get, bring back Steve Stride Crying or Very sad
_________________


Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kempes


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 11731
Location: England
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Lambert gets sacked so Leeds can have him when Warnock goes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EnglishLion20


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 11646
Location: England
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempes wrote:
I hope Lambert gets sacked so Leeds can have him when Warnock goes.


Doubt he gets sacked, and dosent look like he'll resign either. Pretty sure it would have happened earlier after this week in all fairness.

Least when Villa are relegated we will have a proven Championship manager, and not the one on the PC either lol
_________________


Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17281
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of sad to see what has happened to Villa. It's such a fall from grace, for what was one of the biggest clubs in England. Honestly, relegation may not be the end of the world. If they do go down I'm fairly sure they will spring back like Newcastle. I'm not going to lie, I'm enjoying Villas plight, but only because they have been a thorn in Spurs side on so many occasions. Villa do look absolutely abysmal at the moment though, if they continue in this vein then they are certs to go down.
_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
teamorange


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 13029
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishLion20 wrote:


Lerner seems content to stick with Lambert, even if they go down from what i've read which means Lerner is happy to sit by and watch Villa get relegated, You'd think the loss of TV Money in itself would be enough for him to shell out money.........which he does have.....Villa aren't asking for 200 Million.....just another 20 Million to make sure relegation dosent happen, which may sound a lot, but in today's football world, and to Mr Lerner, the owner its peanuts. If he has lost interest, fine.......do the decent think and sell to somebody else...The fact he can just sit and watch a club of this history and heritage....just sink and die and not do anything is puzzling and disrespectful to everybody concerned with it.



I disagree with this, I think it is smart to hold on to Lambert even if we go down. One of our problems has been we change managers every year and we have had no consistency. A manger comes in buys his guys and gets fired and those players are just stuck there and might not fit in with the new guy. Bent is a classic example of this type of player. I like Lambert and I can see him as a long term manager.
_________________
quietjetsket wrote:
skrILL wrote:

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EnglishLion20


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 11646
Location: England
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
EnglishLion20 wrote:


Lerner seems content to stick with Lambert, even if they go down from what i've read which means Lerner is happy to sit by and watch Villa get relegated, You'd think the loss of TV Money in itself would be enough for him to shell out money.........which he does have.....Villa aren't asking for 200 Million.....just another 20 Million to make sure relegation dosent happen, which may sound a lot, but in today's football world, and to Mr Lerner, the owner its peanuts. If he has lost interest, fine.......do the decent think and sell to somebody else...The fact he can just sit and watch a club of this history and heritage....just sink and die and not do anything is puzzling and disrespectful to everybody concerned with it.



I disagree with this, I think it is smart to hold on to Lambert even if we go down. One of our problems has been we change managers every year and we have had no consistency. A manger comes in buys his guys and gets fired and those players are just stuck there and might not fit in with the new guy. Bent is a classic example of this type of player. I like Lambert and I can see him as a long term manager.


I Like Lambert, what I dont understand, and cant fathom for the life of me is this.

If Lamberts your man, back him....simple. Its pretty evident what Villa need, Experience in defence, and a holding Midfielder, that has leadership qualities...Lambert wants it, but by all rumors and evidence Lerner is happy not to give him it and he has to make do........when making do as got Villa their worst start in EPL History and 1 point off second bottom and spiraling.......they need a spark, hope something to galvanize them....like new blood etc.

The sheer fact we could go down, and are no guarantees to come back would scare me as a Chairman of a club that is an ever present and should be a top 10 EPL Club, If Lambert says I need this and that..........Then I do my dambest to get him....this and that...

If Lerner couldnt afford it thats different, but we all know he can....just dosent want to IMO Villa aren't worth it.
_________________


Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
teamorange


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 13029
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem is he is nervous about making another January investment. The last time we did that we got Makoun and Bent, neither of which are being featured in our first team. It's tough, you want to make a change but you also want to make the right decision. He is also pretty committed to freeing up wage. Only City, Chelsea and Stoke have higher team wages than Villa.
_________________
quietjetsket wrote:
skrILL wrote:

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TomRalph


Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 10429
Location: Revis Island
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempes wrote:
I hope Lambert gets sacked so Leeds can have him when Warnock goes.


This.

He'll regret signing Howson, Johnson and courting Snodgrass (to the point where he did eventually join them) for Norwich then, if he were to arrive and would have Green and Brown to select in midfield.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kempes


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 11731
Location: England
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leeds have signed Stephen Warnock from Villa.

Thoughts on him Villa fans?

Our current LB crop is dire so Warnock has to at least be better than what we've already got.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Buckrock101


Moderator
Joined: 14 Oct 2007
Posts: 30056
Location: Sudden Valley
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know anything about Yacouba Sylla? My guess from looking around is that he's a tough defensive mid type of guy, which will really come in handy for us if he turns out well.
_________________


IrishGreen wrote:
buck comes thru in the clutch
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
All Hail Buckrock
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Buckrock101


Moderator
Joined: 14 Oct 2007
Posts: 30056
Location: Sudden Valley
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another encouraging performance without the full points to show for it. Really not what we need right now, but you have to take some positives out of it. Benteke was unplayable for most of the game, Gabby is in great form, and our crossing game was better than I've seen it all season. More of that from the likes of Ash and Lowton, and we should pick up some points down the stretch.

This game against West Ham next up is huge for us. We desperately need to pick up the 3 points against teams in the bottom half of the table, particularly at home. Disappointing not to get 3 today, but you have to consider that Everton are a very good outfit, and before the game I think we all would have taken a 3-3 draw gladly.
_________________


IrishGreen wrote:
buck comes thru in the clutch
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
All Hail Buckrock
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 50 of 71

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group