Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dead Island
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Columbus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend bought this and we played a bunch last night. It's an okay game. More mindless fun than anything, and I liek the beach atmosphere I guess. Question though... Is there a split-screen co-op? We couldn't figure it out.
HeySteelers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they try to make it as realistic as a zombie game can be, at least from a weapon standpoint and mission stand point. Graphics aren't the greatest in the world, but a large selection of weapons, zombies that grow throughout the levels and lots of blood and gore is what makes it awesome. Haven't tried out the multi-player yet. I'm diggin the first person.

Tip: You run out of ammo on the guns really fast, so save the ammo you have for when you need it.
HeySteelers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Columbus wrote:
My friend bought this and we played a bunch last night. It's an okay game. More mindless fun than anything, and I liek the beach atmosphere I guess. Question though... Is there a split-screen co-op? We couldn't figure it out.

No split screen co-op.

The beach is just the beginning, there is more maps that are bigger.
Columbus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeySteelers wrote:
Columbus wrote:

No split screen co-op.

That's some BS. I hate that more and more games are doing this now.
HeySteelers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Columbus wrote:
HeySteelers wrote:
Columbus wrote:

No split screen co-op.

That's some BS. I hate that more and more games are doing this now.

I agree. Usually won't even buy the game if it doesn't have split screen. Split Screen RPGs are so awesome. Shame you never can find them anymore.
LORK 88

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this game so far, I've only played an hour max and all I've done is roam around. It feels like a true survivor game since weapons don't last that long and taking on a group of 3 or 4 in the beginning is a challenge. The fact that it's fun and I haven't even done the first mission is a good sign to me. Kind of random, but every time I see a group of zombies for some reason my first thought is "come at me bro".

ADOPT-A-TEXAN: CJ "Polish Hat" Fiedorowicz
Tha King

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be getting this game at some point this week but from the videos I've seen I wouldn't consider this a True survival horror such as the early Resident Evil/Silent Hill games.This game looks fun but doesn't seem to have that scare factor to it.

Again,I haven't played this game yet and only seen Let's plays so I don't if this is true.
Columbus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tha King wrote:
I'll be getting this game at some point this week but from the videos I've seen I wouldn't consider this a True survival horror such as the early Resident Evil/Silent Hill games.This game looks fun but doesn't seem to have that scare factor to it.

Again,I haven't played this game yet and only seen Let's plays so I don't if this is true.
Sadly I think you're right. It doesn't have a tense mood to it from what I have played.
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing gameplay footage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldvjKHLp8A&feature=related

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeySteelers wrote:
Yeah they try to make it as realistic as a zombie game can be, at least from a weapon standpoint and mission stand point. Graphics aren't the greatest in the world, but a large selection of weapons, zombies that grow throughout the levels and lots of blood and gore is what makes it awesome. Haven't tried out the multi-player yet. I'm diggin the first person.

Tip: You run out of ammo on the guns really fast, so save the ammo you have for when you need it.

Realistic is zombie's that ignore you, are really slow, and having a radar to detect where they are?
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
HeySteelers wrote:

Realistic is zombie's that ignore you, are really slow, and having a radar to detect where they are?

I dont think we can truthfully make a realistic zombie game now can we Wink

Not a Knicks fan
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
HeySteelers wrote:

I dont think we can truthfully make a realistic zombie game now can we Wink

Truthfully "Zombie's" are a false concept.

Quote:
zom·bieNoun/ˈzämbē/
2. A soulless corpse said to be revived by witchcraft

In L4D, and most modern "Zombie" games, the "Zombies" are infected people. Basically it is hyper rabies for humans.
HighHopes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a.
the body of a dead person given the semblance of life, but mute and will-less, by a supernatural force, usually for some evil purpose.

It could be argued the bite kills and infects.

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
ColumbusCrewzer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty bummed about no local co-op.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really liking this so far.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: