Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Bundesliga Thread: Home of the World Cup Winners
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: The Bundesliga Thread: Home of the World Cup Winners Reply with quote

So we need a thread for the German clubs.

Can Dortmund repeat as champions?

Will Bayern return to glory(not if they only score a goal every other game)?

What team will come out of nowhere and have a fantastic season?

What club do you support?

Discuss.

The night is dark and full of terrors.

Last edited by LeeEvans on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:27 am; edited 11 times in total
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee has finaly manned up and made a thread Wink

I think Dortmund have the players, just see how it pans out. Im definitely excited to see what Backpacker and Roy have to say in this thread, you guys have great knowledge.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't really follow Das Bundesliga very much, but I must admit its more entertaining to watch than either Serie A or La Liga.

I love that Bayern essentially buy the best players from other teams in Germany every year, and love it even more when they fail even after doing so.

My favourite player is Lukas Podolski, purely because my nickname at football was very similar, the surname was changed slightly.

LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you on that Kempus, Roy and Backspacer are brilliant.

Dortmund haven't gotten off to the best start. I heard Gotze has looked really tired in the first two games, he was even taken off in the 55th minute in the last game.

Mainz has gotten off to a good start after coming from nowhere last season. They and Hannover are top of the table right now if I recall correctly.

Backspacer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't go too hard on Dortmund, I think they've coped quite decently with the short term losses of Marcel Schmelzer and Lucas Barrios and having to run out mediocre replacements. They put up an attacking masterclass against Hamburg and for long stretches were the better team than 1899 Hoffenheim, but they were victmized by the freekick of the year by Sejad Salihovic and 1899 is team that has always had BVB's number, they haven't lost to them since early in the 2009/2010 campaign. They're taking on Nurnberg this week, so unfortunately no easy turnover after last week's loss.

I think I'm gonna do a match of the week type thing where I extensively preview one entertaining/important every week.
kempus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backspacer wrote:
I wouldn't go too hard on Dortmund, I think they've coped quite decently with the short term losses of Marcel Schmelzer and Lucas Barrios and having to run out mediocre replacements. They put up an attacking masterclass against Hamburg and for long stretches were the better team than 1899 Hoffenheim, but they were victmized by the freekick of the year by Sejad Salihovic and 1899 is team that has always had BVB's number, they haven't lost to them since early in the 2009/2010 campaign. They're taking on Nurnberg this week, so unfortunately no easy turnover after last week's loss.

I think I'm gonna do a match of the week type thing where I extensively preview one entertaining/important every week.

I love that idea.

LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
Backspacer wrote:

I love that idea.
I agree. That would be brilliant. Then I would know which game to try and watch. I'm going to try and do a few write ups for some of the teams in the Bundelsiga as well.

texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
kempus wrote:
Backspacer wrote:

I love that idea.
I agree. That would be brilliant. Then I would know which game to try and watch. I'm going to try and do a few write ups for some of the teams in the Bundelsiga as well.

I'm going to start write ups on Premier League games.

Anyone want to collaborate with me?

kempus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
kempus wrote:
Backspacer wrote:

I love that idea.

Im up for this, I Will always do a Spurs one anyway, trying not to be too biased Wink

Last edited by kempus on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
kempus wrote:
Backspacer wrote:

I love that idea.

Premier League games or clubs? I'll try and do a game or two a week. I'm going to try and bring that scouting thread back up again as well.

kempus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
kempus wrote:
Backspacer wrote:

I love that idea.

Premier League games or clubs? I'll try and do a game or two a week. I'm going to try and bring that scouting thread back up again as well.

I read it wrong the first time lol. I think we should do both really. A clubs one for new members to look at, like finn suggested. Also a games review for people who didnt get to see the game.

LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did a bunch of write ups for clubs right after the World Cup. We should use those, we should have at least half of the premier league clubs done, that would give us a nice head start.

I'll do a few write ups for clubs in Germany so people can know the what to watch for and etc.

Edit:Oh my word, I just watched that free kick that Backspacer posted. That was unreal, he must have been at least 40 meters from goal!

Nightmare

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic freekick by Salihovic.

I just can't see a Dortmund repeat this year. They have some great players, but they did overachieve last year, and I think Bayern will have too much when it's all said and done. I can't stand Bayern, but they never go two years without winning the league.
Backspacer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the trial run...

BUNDESLIGA MATCH OF THE WEEK

1. FC Nürnberg @ Borussia Dortmund

Signal Iduna Park (Capacity: 80,720)
Dortmund, Germany
Saturday, 8/20
9:30 ET

As They Stand:

1. FC Nürnberg: 9th of 18, 3 points from 2 fixtures, 0 GD

Borussia Dortmund: 7th of 18, 3 points from 2 fixtures, +1 GD

Expected Lineups:

1. FC Nürnberg: Regular goalkeeper and team captain Rafael Schäfer is out with a knee issue, so 18-year old Patrick Rakovsky is expected to be given his Bundesliga debut in goal.

Borussia Dortmund: Left back Marcel Schmelzer and centre back Neven Subotić are expected to make their season debuts this Saturday. Starting striker Lucas Barrios sustained a thigh injury at the Copa America and will again be replaced by Robert Lewandowski.

Key Player:

1. FC Nürnberg:

Philipp Wollscheid: An amazing story as he was playing in the fifth tier of German football a few short years ago, 22-year old Wollscheid was thrust into a starting role near last winter break and now, improbably, seems on the verge of a call-up from Joachim Löw. Playing a solid all-around game week after week, Wollscheid ended the season ranked 3rd amoung all Bundesliga defenders in Kicker Online's (the Bible of German football) player ratings. Wollscheid will undoubtedly have his hands full for a full 90 minutes matching up against Dortmund's extremely young and talented attacking unit, not only taking care of his own responsibilities, but as well, covering for right back Timothy Chandler who has a penchant for pushing the ball up the pitch himself.

Borussia Dortmund

İlkay Gündoğan: A player for Nürnberg last season, the 20-year old Gündoğan was purchased this summer for €4 million with the purpose of replacing Real Madrid-bound Nuri Şahin as the offensive cog next to German international Sven Bender in Dortmund's double pivot in central midfield. Only through the first two fixtures, Gündoğan has struggled to exhibit the class that got him purchased by Dortmund in the first place and called up by Joachim Löw, it's key that this changes this Saturday. Facing a crowded midfield with both sides operating with only one striker apiece, it's imperative that Gündoğan effectively sprays out passes to get Dortmund's playmakers the ball at their feet.

What To Watch For:

For both sides coming off of losses, this is a match to potentially rebound. For Nürnberg, a huge burden will be placed upon the shoulders of 6'4" striker Tomáš Pekhart. New to Nürnberg and with two goals in the first two fixtures, Pekhart will be given the thankless job of holding up play against the likes of Subotić, Hummels, and Bender, holding off all comers, and waiting for assistance from teammates who may be pinned back in defensive positions for large portions of time. I'm also intrigued to see how attacking right back Timothy Chandler will handle this matchup. Always wanting to creep forward, he'll be directly faced with dangerous winger Kevin Großkreutz, and too much attacking intent from Chandler will potentially cause open space and eventual trouble on Nürnberg's right side. For Dortmund, after a flat week against 1899 Hoffenheim, they will receive a boost with two of their top performers returning to the side in Schmelzer and Subotić; and and as well, the luxury of having near 80,000 fans leading them on.
Patro14

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was good write up and a great read, Backspacer. If you manage to make one of those every week I'll certainly turn on the TV more often and try to catch the game. Bundesliga is one of those leagues I always wanted to follow a bit more, as the few matches I've watched are so entertaining, intense and competitive. Unfortunately there's no one in Latin America who follows it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: