Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gli Azzurri - il thread ufficiale della Nazionale
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
deeluxx3


Hot Shot Crew
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 12960
Location: Chicago/Mizzou
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Gli Azzurri - il thread ufficiale della Nazionale Reply with quote

Didn't see one made yet, so I made one...

team easily qualified for Euro
Just spanked Poland in a friendly without Cassano or Rossi. Balotelli showed why, though, he is the best Italian striker alive and needs to be the starter up top instead of Giuseppe.

his goal from the Poland game..also had an assist to Pazz on the second goal. I didnt get to watch the game, but I guess he just destroyed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fArKmq4FdKc


Team also needs to figure something out at the trequartista spot. Montolivo is worthless in the blue jersey. If Prandelli is going to run 4-3-1-2, then Giovinco should be the treq IMO. Way more creative than Montolivo and doesn't disappear like Riccardo does.
_________________

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time


Last edited by deeluxx3 on Tue May 13, 2014 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
New York Green


Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Posts: 10660
Location: Manhattan
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best formation for us in my opinion is the 4-3-3. Cassano realistically won't be back until Septemberish.

____________Buffon_______________
Maggio - Barzagli - Chiellini - Balzaretti
De Rossi -------- Pirlo --------- Marchisio
Giovinco ------ Balotelli ------- Rossi
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dhunt2402


Moderator
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 21892
Location: The District
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York Green wrote:
the best formation for us in my opinion is the 4-3-3. Cassano realistically won't be back until Septemberish.

____________Buffon_______________
Maggio - Barzagli - Chiellini - Balzaretti
De Rossi -------- Pirlo --------- Marchisio
Giovinco ------ Balotelli ------- Rossi


I like that. Especially the way Marchisio has played for Juve this season.
_________________

Deadpulse on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deeluxx3


Hot Shot Crew
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 12960
Location: Chicago/Mizzou
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friendly against Uruguay tonight. Gonna be interesting to see how the team handles the offense of Uruguay
_________________

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
New York Green


Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Posts: 10660
Location: Manhattan
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually love these kits now.

Buffon's kit <3333333333333

http://youtu.be/7Ar1NyhaUyU?hd=1
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deeluxx3


Hot Shot Crew
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 12960
Location: Chicago/Mizzou
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranocchia and Montolivo continue to get undeserved minutes. Wonder if they will be replaced by Euro
_________________

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deeluxx3


Hot Shot Crew
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 12960
Location: Chicago/Mizzou
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antonio Di Natale returns to the national team for a friendly against the US

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2011/12/27/2819895/mario-balotelli-and-antonio-di-natale-will-start-for-italy

Quote:
Antonio Di Natale will start alongside Mario Balotelli in Italy's international friendly against the USA in Genoa on February 29, coach Cesare Prandelli has revealed.

The Udinese striker has previously been overlooked by the former Fiorentina boss despite his scoring feats in Serie A, which have seen him collect back-to-back scoring crowns in 2009-10 and 2010-11.


I know that Antonio scores in bunches for Udinese, but he has disappeared time and time again while playing for the national team. He has a chance to prove his worth again in a meaningless friendly now that Rossi is out...but if he disappears like he usually does internationally, then Id rather see Prandelli take someone else to Euro


And am I the only one that thinks that, in the situation where Balotelli/Cassano/Rossi are all healthy, that Balotelli/Cassano should get the starts rather than Rossi/Cassano?
_________________

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mgoblue44


Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 3010
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
Antonio Di Natale returns to the national team for a friendly against the US

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2011/12/27/2819895/mario-balotelli-and-antonio-di-natale-will-start-for-italy

Quote:
Antonio Di Natale will start alongside Mario Balotelli in Italy's international friendly against the USA in Genoa on February 29, coach Cesare Prandelli has revealed.

The Udinese striker has previously been overlooked by the former Fiorentina boss despite his scoring feats in Serie A, which have seen him collect back-to-back scoring crowns in 2009-10 and 2010-11.


I know that Antonio scores in bunches for Udinese, but he has disappeared time and time again while playing for the national team. He has a chance to prove his worth again in a meaningless friendly now that Rossi is out...but if he disappears like he usually does internationally, then Id rather see Prandelli take someone else to Euro


And am I the only one that thinks that, in the situation where Balotelli/Cassano/Rossi are all healthy, that Balotelli/Cassano should get the starts rather than Rossi/Cassano?


Completely agree that Cassano/Balotelli should get the start. In Prandelli's system, Cassano is simply the better fit than Rossi, even though it could be argued that Rossi is the better player.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skarekrow77


Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 388
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lomaxgr


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 21031
Location: Manchester, England
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Di Natale reminds me of Darren Bent. Very good finisher, but outside of that he contributes little to the game.
_________________


MUFC OK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deeluxx3


Hot Shot Crew
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 12960
Location: Chicago/Mizzou
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/prandelli-considering-leaving-agitated-balotelli-italys-euro-2012-135200474--spt.html

Quote:
Italy coach Cesare Prandelli is considering leaving Mario Balotelli out of his Euro 2012 squad because of ongoing doubts over the Manchester City player's temperament.

Balotelli has been sent off three times since arriving at Eastlands in the summer of 2010 and Prandelli, speaking after dropping the forward for this week's friendly against the United States, admitted that the 21-year-old's disciplinary problems are of great concern to him.

"I don't want players who commit reaction fouls and get sent off," the former Fiorentina boss told reporters. "He seems a little agitated to me.



I would cry. First, Prandelli took Mario off the squad for the US friendly on Wednesday (2:30 pm eastern, ESPN2), and now he is threatening to not bring him for Euro if his attitude doesn't get better.

Im a huge Mario fan...you gotta take the good with the bad with him. He's the best striker we have by a large margin, IMO, and has looked great in his recent games with the national squad. Not bringing him would spell out our demise come this summer, IMO.
_________________

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Imarobot


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8471
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/prandelli-considering-leaving-agitated-balotelli-italys-euro-2012-135200474--spt.html

Quote:
Italy coach Cesare Prandelli is considering leaving Mario Balotelli out of his Euro 2012 squad because of ongoing doubts over the Manchester City player's temperament.

Balotelli has been sent off three times since arriving at Eastlands in the summer of 2010 and Prandelli, speaking after dropping the forward for this week's friendly against the United States, admitted that the 21-year-old's disciplinary problems are of great concern to him.

"I don't want players who commit reaction fouls and get sent off," the former Fiorentina boss told reporters. "He seems a little agitated to me.



I would cry. First, Prandelli took Mario off the squad for the US friendly on Wednesday (2:30 pm eastern, ESPN2), and now he is threatening to not bring him for Euro if his attitude doesn't get better.

Im a huge Mario fan...you gotta take the good with the bad with him. He's the best striker we have by a large margin, IMO, and has looked great in his recent games with the national squad. Not bringing him would spell out our demise come this summer, IMO.


He just does so much stupid crap. You honestly don't think you would be fine with Giuseppi Rossi? He is a more than capable player.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mgoblue44


Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 3010
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I really think Prandelli would consider leaving Balotelli off is if Cassano isnt ready for the Euro. Balotelli/Cassano together up front is magical, but pairing Balotelli with someone else like Rossi or Matri would not work. I understand leaving him on the bench maybe, but to keep him off the whole roster is nuts.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deeluxx3


Hot Shot Crew
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 12960
Location: Chicago/Mizzou
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/prandelli-considering-leaving-agitated-balotelli-italys-euro-2012-135200474--spt.html

Quote:
Italy coach Cesare Prandelli is considering leaving Mario Balotelli out of his Euro 2012 squad because of ongoing doubts over the Manchester City player's temperament.

Balotelli has been sent off three times since arriving at Eastlands in the summer of 2010 and Prandelli, speaking after dropping the forward for this week's friendly against the United States, admitted that the 21-year-old's disciplinary problems are of great concern to him.

"I don't want players who commit reaction fouls and get sent off," the former Fiorentina boss told reporters. "He seems a little agitated to me.



I would cry. First, Prandelli took Mario off the squad for the US friendly on Wednesday (2:30 pm eastern, ESPN2), and now he is threatening to not bring him for Euro if his attitude doesn't get better.

Im a huge Mario fan...you gotta take the good with the bad with him. He's the best striker we have by a large margin, IMO, and has looked great in his recent games with the national squad. Not bringing him would spell out our demise come this summer, IMO.


He just does so much stupid crap. You honestly don't think you would be fine with Giuseppi Rossi? He is a more than capable player.


Rossi is coming off a major injury and just isn't on the level of Balotelli. He's a very nice player, but Balotelli is becoming something very special and has looked great for us when he has gotten significant minutes. Balotelli, IMO, is the best Italian striker in quite a while, and he's just getting started.

And also, as mgoblue mentioned, when he plays with Cassano, plays are made and the offense runs much more fluidly.
_________________

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mgoblue44


Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 3010
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
Imarobot wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/prandelli-considering-leaving-agitated-balotelli-italys-euro-2012-135200474--spt.html

Quote:
Italy coach Cesare Prandelli is considering leaving Mario Balotelli out of his Euro 2012 squad because of ongoing doubts over the Manchester City player's temperament.

Balotelli has been sent off three times since arriving at Eastlands in the summer of 2010 and Prandelli, speaking after dropping the forward for this week's friendly against the United States, admitted that the 21-year-old's disciplinary problems are of great concern to him.

"I don't want players who commit reaction fouls and get sent off," the former Fiorentina boss told reporters. "He seems a little agitated to me.



I would cry. First, Prandelli took Mario off the squad for the US friendly on Wednesday (2:30 pm eastern, ESPN2), and now he is threatening to not bring him for Euro if his attitude doesn't get better.

Im a huge Mario fan...you gotta take the good with the bad with him. He's the best striker we have by a large margin, IMO, and has looked great in his recent games with the national squad. Not bringing him would spell out our demise come this summer, IMO.


He just does so much stupid crap. You honestly don't think you would be fine with Giuseppi Rossi? He is a more than capable player.


Rossi is coming off a major injury and just isn't on the level of Balotelli. He's a very nice player, but Balotelli is becoming something very special and has looked great for us when he has gotten significant minutes. Balotelli, IMO, is the best Italian striker in quite a while, and he's just getting started.

And also, as mgoblue mentioned, when he plays with Cassano, plays are made and the offense runs much more fluidly.


Exactly. Out of any of the forward combinations that have been put together since Prandelli has taken over, they were easily the best.

We also have to think about Balotelli's future as well when it comes to the Euro this year. If we leave him off this year when he's clearly ready at 21, his first real international competition wont happen until he's 23. That could seriously hamper his development at the international level.

I just really hope Prandelli thinks long and hard about this and at least has him on the team
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group