Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Chelsea FC Thread Part 4:That hurt Frank
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Imarobot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: The Chelsea FC Thread Part 4:That hurt Frank Reply with quote

Time for a new thread. Discuss all things Chelsea(such as our impending acquisition of Paul Pogba) here.

Last edited by Imarobot on Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:59 pm; edited 4 times in total
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First!
I called dibs on the next one. Laughing

In Pogba is in fact available Id take him in a heartbeat. When you have the chance to add a worldclass 21 year old in a position of need you take it. We have played 4-3-3 a lot, its not like we are married to the pivot. When we play with Oscar or Willian as tens its basically a 4-3-3 anyway with how far they track back and how deep they come to get the ball. Im all for giving youth a chance, but theres not much to write home about at CM out on loan or in youth set up. Closest thing for me is Loftus-Cheek , but his attitude is a good bit off

^Joe_is_the_best
bkobow05

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell yes to Pogba.

#JDI
QuinneyluvsNFL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do sign Pogba, we really need to offload a couple of players, would be kind of dumb to go in to the season with so many CM's:

- John Obi Mikel
- Ramires
- Marco Van Ginkel
- Nemaja Matic
- Oscar
- Cesc Fabregas
- Oriol Romeu
- Josh McEachran
- Nathaniel Chalobah
- Mario Palasic

Man United must hate us right now...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh, Chalobah and Pasalic will be on loan so they're out. Mikel or Ramires or even both will probably be sold. Same with Romeu being sold as well

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
ukjets21

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuinneyluvsNFL wrote:
If we do sign Pogba, we really need to offload a couple of players, would be kind of dumb to go in to the season with so many CM's:

- John Obi Mikel
- Ramires
- Marco Van Ginkel
- Nemaja Matic
- Oscar
- Cesc Fabregas
- Oriol Romeu
- Josh McEachran
- Nathaniel Chalobah
- Mario Palasic

Man United must hate us right now...

Not sure how jealous I'd be of a lot of them. Matic, Oscar, Fabregas and Pogba yeah. The rest are average or worse.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What boggles my mind is that our only successful to come to through the ranks is John Terry and that was in 1998. You can't tell me that the reason that is the case is because the youth aren't good enough. No that is not the case especially given the way our youth system has grown.

Im not asking us to be Barcelona or Ajax but I least would like to see more success from the youth system.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
ukjets21

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
What boggles my mind is that our only successful to come to through the ranks is John Terry and that was in 1998. You can't tell me that the reason that is the case is because the youth aren't good enough. No that is not the case especially given the way our youth system has grown.

Im not asking us to be Barcelona or Ajax but I least would like to see more success from the youth system.

Will Matic count as home-grown for you? I know it's not the same in the sense you're meaning but I'm curious for the Champions League.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Will Matic count as home-grown for you? I know it's not the same in the sense you're meaning but I'm curious for the Champions League.

Don't think so, but Cesc does replacing Lamps. Need someone for Cole and Bertrand

simonwayne wrote:

#JDI
Imarobot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Honestly I think he might? Isn't it three years with the club before they turn 21? He was here from summer of 09 until 2011. I can't remember when he left in 2011. He might be a few months shy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

West Ham want Atsu on loan. I'd let him go on loan, he's been impressive during the WC and with Vitesse from what I've seen.

simonwayne wrote:

#JDI
QuinneyluvsNFL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
West Ham want Atsu on loan. I'd let him go on loan, he's been impressive during the WC and with Vitesse from what I've seen.

Saw someone on Twitter earlier say yeah it'd be great, but then he's being coached by Sam Allardyce for a year...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:

Youth aren't guaranteed to ever develop. And anyway I'd agree with you on a lot of players, like Willian or Matic but Pogba is world class at 21, you don't ever let that slide in the face of "youth movement."

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mundo Deportivo saying we're bidding for Alex Song.

simonwayne wrote:

#JDI
reckless123

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Youth aren't guaranteed to ever develop. And anyway I'd agree with you on a lot of players, like Willian or Matic but Pogba is world class at 21, you don't ever let that slide in the face of "youth movement."

I agree but one player in 16 years? This team hasnt tried or attempted to give youth a chance to develop.

Pogba is a future superstar but im not ready to pay 60m for that. 40m?Hmm, Maybe. Hes not world class yet but is not far away from it in my eyes.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 1 of 35

Jump to: