You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Play Football Like Stoke City (We can haz BENDTNER!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Davey


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 23116
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
Was today Stoke's first time out of the country? Tony Pulis seemed overwhelmed by the whole Swiss experience. I for one will be backing Stoke to win the Europa league for the possibility of them playing Barcelona in the UEFA Super Cup next year.


Wow. The possibility of that, literally, sent chills down my spine.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dhunt2402


Moderator
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 26048
Location: The District
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:
Was today Stoke's first time out of the country? Tony Pulis seemed overwhelmed by the whole Swiss experience. I for one will be backing Stoke to win the Europa league for the possibility of them playing Barcelona in the UEFA Super Cup next year.


Wow. The possibility of that, literally, sent chills down my spine.


Well, if you watched the end of the Play football like Stoke City video, you know how that matchup ends Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeeEvans


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 25177
Location: 410 MD
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:
Was today Stoke's first time out of the country? Tony Pulis seemed overwhelmed by the whole Swiss experience. I for one will be backing Stoke to win the Europa league for the possibility of them playing Barcelona in the UEFA Super Cup next year.


Wow. The possibility of that, literally, sent chills down my spine.
That would be quite a hilarious game. Can you imagine Huth just jumping through Valdes and Shawcross crunching into Messi at every turn? It would be fantastic!
_________________

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Davey


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 23116
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see a Stoke victory and the likes of Xavi coming out and complaining about how it's criminal that Barcelona had to play them that way because their style "isn't football" etc. It'd be glorious.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeeEvans


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 25177
Location: 410 MD
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
I would love to see a Stoke victory and the likes of Xavi coming out and complaining about how it's criminal that Barcelona had to play them that way because their style "isn't football" etc. It'd be glorious.
Actually, now that I think about it would be just like watching another Clasico.... Confused
_________________

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
dotmotion


Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 12805
Location: Vancouver
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Actually, now that I think about it would be just like watching another Clasico.... Confused


Fire Mourinho. Hire Pulis??

Random question. Does any other football managers wear a baseball cap?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeeEvans


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 25177
Location: 410 MD
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Actually, now that I think about it would be just like watching another Clasico.... Confused


Fire Mourinho. Hire Pulis??

Random question. Does any other football managers wear a baseball cap?
That is a decent question. The only guy I can think of is Luis Scolari, I'm pretty positive he used to wear one on occasion.
_________________

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28904
Location: #PoWwW York City
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm inspired to do a Stoke save now on FM.
_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoxSox2004


Joined: 17 Mar 2010
Posts: 18798
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
I'm inspired to do a Stoke save now on FM.


Did that once. Used Genie Scout to only sign players with a dirtiness rating of 15 or higher. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EnglishLion20


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 11689
Location: England
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing that i admire and respect about Stoke is they know they arent the greateast Footballing side yet they use everything they can to maximise their performances...Physical Strength, Throw Ins, Commitment, Work Ethic, Desire to squeeze out every last bit.....some teams cant do that consistently....
_________________
Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 52070
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only flaw in the video is this, Rory Delap got sent off, how on earth are Stoke meant to score without Delap and his cannonball throw-ins on the field?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 33914
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishLion20 wrote:
Thing that i admire and respect about Stoke is they know they arent the greateast Footballing side yet they use everything they can to maximise their performances...Physical Strength, Throw Ins, Commitment, Work Ethic, Desire to squeeze out every last bit.....some teams cant do that consistently....


What annoys me is when Big Sam does it, people criticize him.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EnglishLion20


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 11689
Location: England
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
EnglishLion20 wrote:
Thing that i admire and respect about Stoke is they know they arent the greateast Footballing side yet they use everything they can to maximise their performances...Physical Strength, Throw Ins, Commitment, Work Ethic, Desire to squeeze out every last bit.....some teams cant do that consistently....


What annoys me is when Big Sam does it, people criticize him.


Point Taken....i guess everybody just likes Stoke, i know when Big Sam overachieved at Bolton if you like he was always being critiscised for that style....

But it worked for them...the opposition should adapt to it
_________________
Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Wyzzinator


Moderator
Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 20012
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

53.3% - For the first time ever in the PL (116 games) Stoke have recorded more than 50% possession in a single match. Patience.
_________________

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
"Women of the World Cup" Zero pictures of women. Shirtless Olivier Giroud instead. Good job, good effort FF.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AlexM23


Joined: 03 Jan 2011
Posts: 8357
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they sign Peter Crouch... Delap to Crouch would be deadly.
_________________

Kiltman on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group