Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Football Manager thread v.15.4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: The Football Manager thread v.15.4 Reply with quote

Wyzz locked the old one.
Have at it

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentagon Challenge

Overview
1st Season - Tianshan - China - 2nd Division - Finished 14th
2nd Season - Tianshan - China - 2nd Division - Finished 2nd (Promoted)
3rd Season - Tianshan - China - 1st Division - Finished 11th (Left Role)
4th Season - Guangzhou - China - 1st Division - Finished 1st
5th Season - Guangzhou - China - 1st Division - Finished 1st (Asia CL Winner)
6th Season - Tijuana - Mexico - 1st Division - Finished 2nd
7th Season - Tijuana - Mexico - 1st Division - Finished 1st (NACL Winner)
8th Season - France - International - Won European Nations League
9th Season - Sundowns/France - South Africa/International - 1st Division - Finished 13th/Finished 3rd in the World Cup

1st Season (Tianshan) - Finished 14th
Got hired by Tianshan, a second division team in China. I saved them from elimination on goal difference or whatever the tie breaker was.

2nd Season (Tianshan) - Finished 2nd (promoted)
I got them promoted. Once again on GD or whatever. However, I had the second lowest wage bill. To make it worse, it got reduced twice during the season. I decided it was best to resign at the end of the year. Well bad choice. Four months on and I can't find a job. Not even in the same Chinese second division. Might have to load up the save before I quit and continue on. Back at Tianshan for another year. Wow. In the First Division, you can only play with 4 non-domestic players. The Guangzhoa reserve team is stacked. They got Adebayor, Vermaelen, Senderos, Larsson and Cahill all put in the reserve team.

3rd Season (Tianshan) - Finished 11th
I more or less zoomed through this season. Played all matches on 2d, no replays and on the fastest speed possible. I had a pretty up and down season. Started off in the bottom, had a nice run to get me into the top 3 but then came back down to the lower tier of mid table where my team belongs. Resigned at the end of the year. This time, I was able to get a job at Guangzhoa (the one owned by Alibaba). I think I'm a few years away from my first Champions League win by now.

4th Season (Guangzhou) - Finished 1st, Won FA Cup
A struggle even though I finished first. A couple of the big name foreign players complained publicly so I sold them off for a nominal fee annoyingly. Also a painful amount of injuries. Managing first division is tough because you can only start 4 non-foreign (1 must be Asian). And I have already tried signing the best Chinese players. I need to bring in a better striker (likely non-foreign) and an Asian midfielder especially if I want to win the Asian Champions League

5th Season (Guangzhou) - Finished 1st, Won Asian CL
I can only register 4 non-foreign players and I have 7 in the Asian Champions League. All three I left off are now angry at me and got the team against me. FML. Can't wait to get out of China. The league was super easy this time compared to last year. I won the league by 10 points. Champions League was tougher. Scrapped in the quarters against last years winner by away goals. Faced my China bogey team in the Semis on penalties. However, the final I won comprehensively against a Qatari side. Won the Champions League, time to leave China and onto my next journey. I have Africa and North America loaded so hoping a nice club there.

6th Season (Xolos Tijuana) - Finished 2nd in the Closing Stage, Won the Closing Stage Playoffs
Went a couple months looking for a job. I was aiming for the top jobs in Mexico such as Leon or Tigres but did not get both. So I looked for more midtable clubs and got Xolos Tijuana. Mexican League is intense. There are two games every week and Xolos has no depth. Depth isn't that much of an issue apparently since I got the team to second. I took over when they were 13th. I think 2nd qualifies me for the CONCACAF Champions League but I highly doubt I will win. The club is doing poorly financially so I'll stay another year to see how it goes. I might look to jump ship if I better job comes along.

7th Season (Xolos Tijuana) - Finished 1st in the Opening Stage, Won the Opening Stage Playoffs
Second season in and I think I can win the CL with Tijuana so I don't think I have to leave. The quality of Mexican players in NA relative to Chinese players in Asia is a lot higher where I don't have to be at a top club to get the CL quality domestic players. Also, with the two years to citizenship rule, I can get a lot of cheap Brazilians (because I loaded the Brazil league) and be able to sell non-Fgn players to balance the books. However, I have to rant about my players. First off Greg Garza is being a complete tool. He says I consistently break promises. It is true, I sort of broke the promise to sell him but I said that I will sell if a bid match valuation which didn't happen. The second promise was another player wanting to be loaned out. But he sucked and no one wanted him. Apparently that second promise pissed Garza off. Well off to the reserves. The second player complained that he wants to play contenential football. Tijuana is in the CONCACAF knock out rounds. You just played in the round robin. Evil or Very Mad This is absolutely frustrating. Two players making a big deal out of nothing. Good thing I already won the Opening Stage so I already qualified for the CL again so I have half a season to sort this crap out. Well... I won the Champions League with Tijuana. Beat faced Liga MX teams in the quarters and semis. Demolished the Rapids. Onto South Africa.

8th Season (France) - Won Nations Cup
No South African team fired their manager in the offseason so I have to wait for the season. I applied for a bunch of international roles though to increase my reputation. I got the French job. Hope to use it to increase my reputation. No good South Africa job opened up so I stuck solely with France. I won the Nations Cup but won all the knock out rounds on penalties. I don't get how with world class CBs like Varane, Umtiti, Zouma, I am leaking in goals.

9th Season (France) - Third place in World Cup
Still waiting for either the Pirates or Kaiser Chief job so I'm still with France. This season was the 2022 WC. I got drawn with Denmark, South Korea and Algeria. I inched out wins against Denmark and Algeria before getting a convincing win over Algeria. I beat Senegal in the first knockout rounds 2-0, Belgium in the second round 2-0, lost to Germany in the semi's 0-1. An injury to Kingsley Coman really damaged my team. He scored a goal every game but got injured after the Belgium game. We beat Croatia in the third place game 4-0. I'll look for a club job now. I got the Brazil, Argentina, England, France and South Africa loaded so I'll take the best job available in these nations.

10th Season (Sundowns/France) - 13th in League, Won FA Cup, 3rd in Nations Cup
Took me till April to get a club job. No top clubs were really looking for a manager so I'll compromise and take Sundowns. They are the 5th highest reputable club in South Africa so hoping I can do something with them. However, South Africa is the third strongest league in Africa so I am not sure how strong the domestic players are. Finished 13th. Was hired when the club was 14th with five games left. However, I faced the top three teams all away. A bonus was that I was able to win the FA Cup.

Last edited by dotmotion on Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:57 am; edited 19 times in total
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've hit that time of the season when Goalkeepers start having blinders against you.

Drew 0-0 with Burnley - MoM, Tom Heaton
Drew 1-1 with Aston Villa - MoM, Brad Guzan

Both with ratings above 8.0, and the team of the week GK...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started the SAF CHallenge. Ended up with Stoke.

First result was a Draw away, not to bad I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking a break from the Pentagon to try and manage Canada again. Named my manager after the second Canadian football goddess, Sophie Schmidt. It's time to dominate the World! A good day for Canada and therefore the world! Oh i downloaded a database that goes down to the USL so hopefully with more playable leagues that will help development.

Getting some conversions. Laba just became Canadian. Gilberto and David Outsed is on the docket. Maybe Andrew Wenger but I doubt he takes Canadian Citizenship.

Beat Brazil in the Copa America 2016 Quarters!!!! YES YES YES YES YES

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I. Can't. Get. Lukaku. To. Put. Away. His. Chances.

Still a 20 goal a year guy in the EPL, but man the chances he squanders....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked up FM15 for 20 bucks so downloading on Steam now.

Never played Football Manager before but looking forward to it based on how fun the sims done on here have been to follow.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
"Women of the World Cup" Zero pictures of women. Shirtless Olivier Giroud instead. Good job, good effort FF.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:

Never played Football Manager before but looking forward to it based on how fun the sims done on here have been to follow.

There is quite a bit of depth to it, there are quite a few good websites around that can help get you up to speed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:

There is quite a bit of depth to it, there are quite a few good websites around that can help get you up to speed.

I feel like one thing that can help new players to not get too overwhelmed is downloading some tactics. Tactics is really the toughest part of the game and when I was first playing, I struggled to figure out how to create a working tactic. So look at some tactics, see how they work and after you get a hang of it, then start creating some of your own.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:
khodder wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:

I feel like one thing that can help new players to not get too overwhelmed is downloading some tactics. Tactics is really the toughest part of the game and when I was first playing, I struggled to figure out how to create a working tactic. So look at some tactics, see how they work and after you get a hang of it, then start creating some of your own.

BALANCE. Quite simply, BALANCE.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up 2-0 with 20 to go in the Capital One Cup final vs Tottenham.

Then Spurs decide to turn on god-mode. Lost 3-2. Two Penalties against me, not sure I touched the ball in the last 20. Spurs players moving around with turbo boost.

Basically looked you the AI went overload and my team couldn't do crap about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frustrating. I have won the Asian CL, NACL and finished third in the World Cup. I can't get the Cruzeiro or Tottenham job

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:

FM15 is probably the hardest FM to start on.

Football Manager from 2006-2009 was detailed but you could get to grips with it. FM15 is too much for me, and I played just about every edition from the old Championship Manager 3.

dotmotion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managing first division teams in weaker countries is quite easy when you realize that the Brazilian transfer market exist. The two best players average rating wise in the South African league is a striker and midfielder I bought for 15k each. In context, I sold two youngsters that were years away from my first team for 750k to Europe.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UGH. My team blew a 15 point lead with 10 games to go. Not only that. We need to win the last game to clinch the title. Up 3-1 with twenty minutes left.

Drew 3-3

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: