Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Three Lions Official Thread - And there it is.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
texans_uk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Apparently we will be starting a midfield trio of Barry, Milner and Lampard.

And I thought Capello was playing players based on form?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Oh, I am actually laughing out loud and not just using that emotocon.

Who else is starting? I hope that Walcott is benched for either Downing or Johnson.

Walcott will be starting apparently.

Capello seems to enjoy watching him run into dead ends with no final product on a regular basis.

lomaxgr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny how average Gareth Barry looks when he doesn't have Yaya Youre and David Silva next to him ...

Jeez, that midfield is depressing. Hopefully Capello has the gonads to drag Lampard off for Tom Cleverley when it is 0-0 at half time and Lampard has done literally nothing.

MUFC OK
texans_uk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"........there may yet be room for Frank Lampard" Surely not. This is a player who is in his mid-thirties and has only had two maybe three decent games for England in the last 7 years. How many bad games in a row does he have to have for England before he's dropped from the team AND squad? 30, 40? His friends in the media used to be able to fall back on the argument that he has to play for England because he's so great for Chelsea(even though he was nearly always shocking for England when at his peak for his club) but that isn't true anymore, so that argument can no longer be used. One Chelsea fan recently said that he's no longer good enough to be starting games for them. So why Capello thinks he's good enough to start a very important game for England is beyond me.

- Fergus Sira-Lexon, England, 2/9/2011 2:49

Comment on Daily Mail article. Couldn't agree more with it.

lomaxgr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Quote:
"........there may yet be room for Frank Lampard" Surely not. This is a player who is in his mid-thirties and has only had two maybe three decent games for England in the last 7 years. How many bad games in a row does he have to have for England before he's dropped from the team AND squad? 30, 40? His friends in the media used to be able to fall back on the argument that he has to play for England because he's so great for Chelsea(even though he was nearly always shocking for England when at his peak for his club) but that isn't true anymore, so that argument can no longer be used. One Chelsea fan recently said that he's no longer good enough to be starting games for them. So why Capello thinks he's good enough to start a very important game for England is beyond me.

Yep. Even Chelsea fans around here have stopped defending him. I always thought he was overrated in his prime, so obviously how I feel now is pretty obvious. My team based on who I think should be playing would be ...

GK: Hart
RB: Smalling
CB: Cahill
CB: Terry (just about gets nod over Jones)
LB: Cole
CM: Cleverley
CM: Barry
CM: Milner
AML: Young
AMR: Walcott
STR: Rooney

What an awful team.

MUFC OK
texans_uk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Quote:

Yep. Even Chelsea fans around here have stopped defending him. I always thought he was overrated in his prime, so obviously how I feel now is pretty obvious. My team based on who I think should be playing would be ...

GK: Hart
RB: Smalling
CB: Cahill
CB: Terry (just about gets nod over Jones)
LB: Cole
CM: Cleverley
CM: Barry
CM: Milner
AML: Young
AMR: Walcott
STR: Rooney

What an awful team.

Sub Barry for Parker, Wilshere (when he is back from injury) for Milner, Walcott for Adam Johnson and Terry for Jones and you get....

Hart
Smalling
Cahill
P.Jones
A.Ole
Cleverley
Parker
Wilshere
Young
A.Johnson
Rooney

Thats not quite so bad.

texans_uk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players Under 21 -

Chris Smalling 21
Phil Jones 19
Kyle Walker 21
Martin Kelly 21
Jack Wilshere 19
Danny Welbeck 20
Jack Rodwell 20
Josh McEachran 18
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 18
Ross Barkley 17
Danny Rose 21
Connor Wickham 18

I think we have some good youth coming through.

lomaxgr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Players Under 21 -

Chris Smalling 21
Phil Jones 19
Kyle Walker 21
Martin Kelly 21
Jack Wilshere 19
Danny Welbeck 20
Jack Rodwell 20
Josh McEachran 18
Ross Barkley 17
Danny Rose 21
Connor Wickham 18

We say this all the time, then at least 3/4 of them don't develop. I haven't seen anywhere enough from Rodwell, Kelly or Rose to suggest they are going to improve our National team. I would go as far as to say Jack Rodwell is the most overrated youth player I have seen in a long time, and Rose was awful at the U21 Euro Championships. If you are throwing his name in there, you may as well put Jordan Henderson's who will never help our National side take a step forward. For every player you have named there other than Smalling and Jones, I bet Spain and Germany have a player as good or better.

MUFC OK
RandomHero

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ENGLAND HAVE NO FUTURE! BLOW IT UP! WHY CAN'T WE PLAY LIKE SPAIN?!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Players Under 21 -

Chris Smalling 21
Phil Jones 19
Kyle Walker 21
Martin Kelly 21
Jack Wilshere 19
Danny Welbeck 20
Jack Rodwell 20
Josh McEachran 18
Ross Barkley 17
Danny Rose 21
Connor Wickham 18

We say this all the time, then at least 3/4 of them don't develop. I haven't seen anywhere enough from Rodwell, Kelly or Rose to suggest they are going to improve our National team. I would go as far as to say Jack Rodwell is the most overrated youth player I have seen in a long time, and Rose was awful at the U21 Euro Championships. If you are throwing his name in there, you may as well put Jordan Henderson's who will never help our National side take a step forward. For every player you have named there other than Smalling and Jones, I bet Spain and Germany have a player as good or better.

Don't forget Wilshere.

Everton also have a good history of bringing youth players through so I can see Ross Barkley impressing.

I think Rodwell has stagnated at Everton and needs a move to a bigger club to progress. Similar to Ashley Young.

lomaxgr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Players Under 21 -

Chris Smalling 21
Phil Jones 19
Kyle Walker 21
Martin Kelly 21
Jack Wilshere 19
Danny Welbeck 20
Jack Rodwell 20
Josh McEachran 18
Ross Barkley 17
Danny Rose 21
Connor Wickham 18

Don't forget Wilshere.

Everton also have a good history of bringing youth players through so I can see Ross Barkley impressing.

I think Rodwell has stagnated at Everton and needs a move to a bigger club to progress. Similar to Ashley Young.

Yeh sorry, I forgot Wilshere.

Barkley is so young and none of us have seen a great deal of him. He definitely hasn't had enough time to show he might improve the National team in the future. Rodwell is flatout overrated. His progress has stagnated because people overrate him. He came into the Everton side for a few games at 17 and people went nuts for him, like they did for James Milner when he came through as 16/17 year old. Rodwell has been subbed in both of Everton's Premiership games this season and it isn't like they are loaded with talent.

Ashley Young's situation is totally different to Rodwell's. Young was an England international before his move, and had proven at least something in the Premiership. And of course, he is 6 or so years older.

MUFC OK
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Players Under 21 -

Chris Smalling 21
Phil Jones 19
Kyle Walker 21
Martin Kelly 21
Jack Wilshere 19
Danny Welbeck 20
Jack Rodwell 20
Josh McEachran 18
Ross Barkley 17
Danny Rose 21
Connor Wickham 18

Don't forget Wilshere.

I completely disagree with your evaluation of Rose. At the end of last season Rose showed that he has a hell of a lot of potential, against some of the big teams in the league as well. Im not sure when he will get his chance with Spurs because Assou-Ekotto has looked so good so far, but potentially he could be very good for England.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
texans_uk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Yeh sorry, I forgot Wilshere.

Barkley is so young and none of us have seen a great deal of him. He definitely hasn't had enough time to show he might improve the National team in the future. Rodwell is flatout overrated. His progress has stagnated because people overrate him. He came into the Everton side for a few games at 17 and people went nuts for him, like they did for James Milner when he came through as 16/17 year old. Rodwell has been subbed in both of Everton's Premiership games this season and it isn't like they are loaded with talent.

Ashley Young's situation is totally different to Rodwell's. Young was an England international before his move, and had proven at least something in the Premiership. And of course, he is 6 or so years older.

You also forget Young plays in the rarest position for an English footballer, the dreaded left wing. Hence why he was fast tracked to the first team. For examples of English left wingers see Steve Guppy, Alan Thompson, Steve Froggatt and Emile Heskey.

Whereas Rodwell faces arguably the stiffest competition for either CB or CM. I think Rodwell needs a move away from Goodison to really blossom.

lomaxgr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
I completely disagree with your evaluation of Rose. At the end of last season Rose showed that he has a hell of a lot of potential, against some of the big teams in the league as well. Im not sure when he will get his chance with Spurs because Assou-Ekotto has looked so good so far, but potentially he could be very good for England.

Again, I don't see it. Especially when I am referring to the improvement of our National team. Rose hasn't shown me anything to suggest he will ever be an improvement on Ashley Cole, especially in the European Championships where is total lack of physicality was exposed. Heck, I am sure I heard a rumour of him being loaned to Ipswich a few days ago ... At 21, Ashley Cole was an Arsenal regular and England international. I am not writing the kid off at all; he is only 21. But I am talking about our National side improving in the future, and Danny Rose hasn't shown me anywhere near enough to suggest he could "very good for England".

texans_uk wrote:
You also forget Young plays in the rarest position for an English footballer, the dreaded left wing. Hence why he was fast tracked to the first team. For examples of English left wingers see Steve Guppy, Alan Thompson, Steve Froggatt and Emile Heskey.

Whereas Rodwell faces arguably the stiffest competition for either CB or CM. I think Rodwell needs a move away from Goodison to really blossom.

Ashley Young was playing at a very high level for Aston Villa in the Premiership when he got his England callup. Rodwell couldn't even establish himself in the Everton team last year, yet you mention him in the same breath as the England team? Rodwell didn't even start England U21's first game of the Euro Championships ... I could literally name 20 players I would rather start in the middle of midfield for England than Rodwell. Competition has nothing to do with why he hasn't been capped for England.

What I don't understand is why, as you said before, Everton can bring along youth team players, yet somehow Rodwell needs to move away from Everton to blossom?

MUFC OK
texans_uk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Ashley Young was playing at a very high level for Aston Villa in the Premiership when he got his England callup. Rodwell couldn't even establish himself in the Everton team last year, yet you mention him in the same breath as the England team? Rodwell didn't even start England U21's first game of the Euro Championships ... I could literally name 20 players I would rather start in the middle of midfield for England than Rodwell. Competition has nothing to do with why he hasn't been capped for England.

What I don't understand is why, as you said before, Everton can bring along youth team players, yet somehow Rodwell needs to move away from Everton to blossom?

I think Everton brings them into the first team quite well, but I think to achieve full potential they need to move away.

I agree with the sentiment that Young is playing on merit before position, but it has to be noted. Ashley Young was a distinctly one dimensional player during his early years with Villa, and even last year in my opinion, but this year is blossoming with the level of talent around him.

I think injuries have derailed Rodwells career somewhat, but I think if hold down a regular place in the Everton first team he will prove he is a top player again. And a move to a top 4/6 club with aspirations, would really benefit him.

texans_uk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember Jack Rodwell is only 20, he broke onto the scene at 18 similar to Phil Jones.

Are you telling me if a side such as United had snapped him up at 18 he wouldn't have developed much quicker?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 3 of 79

Jump to: