Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Football Games Thread 03 - Football Manager 2015
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dotmotion

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: The Football Games Thread 03 - Football Manager 2015 Reply with quote

Talk Football Manager, Championship Manager, FIFA, PES and all other Footy Games

Football Manager Demo and Full Game is available on Steam

Links
FIFA Thread

For Logo, Facepacks, skins
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/forum.php
http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/

Last edited by dotmotion on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
I absolutely despise the standard Football Manager "you're going on a run of terrible form for absolutely no reason and you can't do anything about it".

I was top of League One with Oldham after about 18 games but now we haven't won in six games, including losing to 24th-placed Bury and 23rd-placed Carlisle who had NINE men.

Does anyone know a good way to get out of these runs? FM has been doing this for years, it's an absolute killer. Just had a team meeting which went really well so hoping that helps. We're still only 3rd, and even a play-off place would be amazing seeing as our media prediction was 22nd.

There are usually reasons around it. Were you telling your players how well they were playing when you were going well? Were you telling players they had good games and telling players when they had bad games?

If you don't do this your players begin to feel like their manager does not appreciate them at all, and it drops their morale and their motivation.

Think about it. If you had just come up huge at work by spearheading an important project that really helped your team and then your boss did no acknowledge you at all, you are going to be less motivated to go out and give the same effort the next time.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
I absolutely despise the standard Football Manager "you're going on a run of terrible form for absolutely no reason and you can't do anything about it".

I was top of League One with Oldham after about 18 games but now we haven't won in six games, including losing to 24th-placed Bury and 23rd-placed Carlisle who had NINE men.

Does anyone know a good way to get out of these runs? FM has been doing this for years, it's an absolute killer. Just had a team meeting which went really well so hoping that helps. We're still only 3rd, and even a play-off place would be amazing seeing as our media prediction was 22nd.

There are usually reasons around it. Were you telling your players how well they were playing when you were going well? Were you telling players they had good games and telling players when they had bad games?
If you don't do this your players begin to feel like their manager does not appreciate them at all, and it drops their morale and their motivation.

Think about it. If you had just come up huge at work by spearheading an important project that really helped your team and then your boss did no acknowledge you at all, you are going to be less motivated to go out and give the same effort the next time.

I think I do criticize them too much after a loss during a good run of form, that might be what started it.

Luckily the team meeting seemed to sort it out and we're back on form. 2nd after 33 games, two points off top and four points clear of third. This could be a brilliant year, but I'm not counting my chickens...
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: S #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 29 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 1
yankee0724

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First team when everybody is healthy.

Not missing Falcao. (ok, maybe a little.) Aspas has 8 goals in 9 league games. 10 in 13 total. Lewandoski has 6 goals and 4 assists in 10 league games.

This is Grosskreutz's third season in on loan. 6 goals and 11 assists in his first two.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
dotmotion

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found my old Nintendo DS (like a first gen) and decided to play some FIFA 08. Turn on easy difficulty. Torres scored 15 goals Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the game. I offer 6m+Edu to Frankfurt for Sebastian Jung. They counter with just the 6m and okay, they might not want Edu. So I offer Edu individually on the transfer list for 650k and guess the sole team that made an offer... Frankfurt... You could have had him for free Laughing

Doing better this time around. Was only able to bring in Jung but he has been a huge help. Uchida was the only RB and is quite poor in game. Also switched to a 4-4-2 with DMs. Seemed to get the best out of the team.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got back into by Crystal Palace save last night after about a week off. Loving it again.

Valerio Fattori is a BEAST. SS to come later, you guys have to see this guy, 19 tall, Jumping/Heading/Finishing/Composure/Off The Ball/Anticipation combo is deadly.

DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:
I don't get the game. I offer 6m+Edu to Frankfurt for Sebastian Jung. They counter with just the 6m and okay, they might not want Edu. So I offer Edu individually on the transfer list for 650k and guess the sole team that made an offer... Frankfurt... You could have had him for free Laughing

Doing better this time around. Was only able to bring in Jung but he has been a huge help. Uchida was the only RB and is quite poor in game. Also switched to a 4-4-2 with DMs. Seemed to get the best out of the team.

Wallace is better and cheaper, Jung never develops in my games
dotmotion

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see how Jung develops but I think he is a good fit. I needed a starter more than a developmental player and Jung looks to have better attributes currently than Wallace. As well, he is local so I don't have to worry about language which can help him fit in quicker. Not sure how much it helps but I think consistently winning with my All German Leverkusen team while only having the 4th-5th best squad when I check the comparison in team report shows that it means something.

This 4-4-2 is working great and even getting Obasi, Fuch and Barnetta to perform. Fuch has terrible defensive attributes (more of a WB) so having the extra winger seems to help him. Obasi is better as a CF than a winger looks like and Barnetta is just simply playing well. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldham absolutey bottled it on the last day of the season. If we won and Bristol City lost we would have gone up. Bristol City got beat 2-0 by Swindon, we were 2-0 up at half time away at Gillingham... And lost 4-3. As a result, the wives/girlfriends and children of all my players have now been sacrificed. We got beat in the playoffs too, knew we would after missing out on automatic promotion.

An amazing year seeing as we were predicted to come 22nd, we were the League's overachievers and my signing of Jonathan Obika for 5k won signing of the season. Can't see us having a year as good as that again, just getting in to the playoffs would be an achievement in this third year, but the board would be happy with top half.
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: S #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 29 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 1
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen, I present to you; A still developing, Valerio Fattori.

yankee0724

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized Nathaniel Clyne is my highest paid player.

NATHANIEL CLYNE. A RIGHT BACK.

Lewandoski isn't even on 80k a week. Clyne is on 105.

Selling Clyne next year.

Quote:
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided to actually buy FM13. Can't stop shipping goals. Any ideas on how to keep a clean sheet?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youth player on Schalke (not a regen) is named Patryk Dragon. He is going to get playing time for sure.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

25 games played.

Sitting in 3rd behind Barca and Madrid, of course.

Barca has 62 points. Madrid has 52. I have 50.

I might be able to steal 2nd from Madrid this year.

Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 1 of 95

Jump to: