Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC East Thread - last page Josh Freeman - Giants
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: NFC East Thread - last page Josh Freeman - Giants Reply with quote

NFCE Roud up

http://www.csnwashington.com/05/mobile_landing25/mobile_landing12/mobile_landingNFC-East-roundup-Nicks-long-or-short-ter/mobile_landing.html?blockID=714208&feedID=6355

Arrow Giants:
Quote:
*Giants star wide receiver Hakeem Nicks broke a bone in his right foot during a non-contract drill in practice on Thursday. Is this a concern for the defending Super Bowl champs? Of course, but more because the injury is just the latest entry on Nicks' medical report rather than anything to do with his 2012 availability.

Recovery time is projected in the 12 week range which puts Nicks in line for a Week 1 return, though even Giants coach Tom Coughlin thinks might be a touch optimistic. The Giants have time to get their first second round pick Rueben Randle ready to lineup opposite the dancing Victor Cruz.

Arrow Eagles:
Quote:
*The Eagles already have a jammed pack race for the backup quarterback spot behind Michael Vick with third rounder Nick Foles battling veterans Mike Kafka and Trent Edwards. Now a former Philly passer says he wants a shot at the job.... Not McNabb, Jeff Garcia! Laughing

Arrow Cowboys:
Quote:
* Dallas Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett stated this week the team is not looking to trade disgruntled cornerback Mike Jenkins. Apparently at least one NFL team is gauging how much wiggle room there is in that claim.

Multiple reports are the Colts are looking to trade for Michael Jenkins, we will see what happens there.
[/b]

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:51 pm; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Just filed to ESPNDallas from @calvinwatkins - Andre Gurode will be released.

http://twitter.com/toddarcher/statuses/108205871993065473

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
e16bball

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Giants' injuries on defense have been absolutely brutal. Osi, Amukamara, Terrell Thomas, Marvin Austin, etc. all done for an extended period.

I really think they're ripe for the picking this year. Losing Smith and Boss will hurt the offense, and the defense clearly will not be up to its usual standard. Largely due to losing Barry "Don't Taze Me Bro"-field.

O.J. Atogwe Tracker: 25 Tackles | 1 INT | 2 PDs | 2 TFLs | 1 sack
Saverio Rocca Tracker: 44.2 AVG | 41.2 NET | 14/25 IN20
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e16bball wrote:
The Giants' injuries on defense have been absolutely brutal. Osi, Amukamara, Terrell Thomas, Marvin Austin, etc. all done for an extended period.

I really think they're ripe for the picking this year. Losing Smith and Boss will hurt the offense, and the defense clearly will not be up to its usual standard. Largely due to losing Barry "Don't Taze Me Bro"-field.
I forgot about Prince. I don't think losing Barry hurts them that bad or osi being injured for a few games (they have guys there). Losing Boss and the injuries to the cbs is going to kill them though.

TheOleBallCoach

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what to expect from the Gmen. Could see anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6. They're oging to need some guys to step up with the injuries they'e had and if they get that, could still be pretty good, playoff team.

I actually think the Boys will be OK this year, not great. I like Jason Garrett, but that defense still has a lot of holes.

Eagles are the Eagles.

AdoptASkin - Keiland Williams (Lions) - 57/195/2TD
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the division shaking out as follows:
    1 - Cowboys
    2 - Eagles (wildcard)
    3 - Redskins
    4 - Giants

Of course, if you suggest this to Giants fans you'll get a fair amount of complaints, as I did. With their injuries, Eli's turnovers/ineffectiveness, and the shake-up of the offensive line it is certainly plausible to assume we over succeed and they under succeed.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see it a lot like last year.

1) Eagles- won't be dream team worthy though
2) Giants- contend for playoff spot depending on tiebreakers
3) Cowboys- better than last year but no playoffs
4) redskins

mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that the Cowboys have a lot on offense to really be that elite team and I think they have a big problem with losing a lot of their OL. They have to rely on Dez Bryant and Miles Austin as WR's and Witten as the TE.

But there is a big drop off for production after them.

Their RB situation is decent with Choice and Jones, but not a clear starter, as they both can be productive.

And Romo is bound to do something dumb, because he doesnt have his head in football year round. He is still trying to make the US Open but fails to qualify every year.

The Eagles are probably going win the East, but falter once again in the playoffs.

The Giants have just had a string of bad luck with injuries and have to rely on a newer OL to keep Eli upright. Might not be to difficult with the RB's Bradshaw and Jacobs. No TE will hurt and with their top CB's both done for the year and a rookie (Amukamura) are going to be prone to lots of play action and veteran WR moves.

I see the division falling like this:

Eagles 10-6
Redskins 7-9
Cowboys 6-10
Giants 5-11

With only the Eagles making the playoffs as the WC goes to the NFC North and NFC South.

Green Bay, Detroit, Chicago and Minnesota make that division extremely tough to win in.

Tampa Bay, New Orleans, and Atlanta make that division tough as well.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nesn.com/2011/08/report-michael-vick-eagles-agree-to-new-six-year-100-million-contract.html

Vick and the eagles agree to a 6 year 100 million $$ contract! Shocked
Quote:

According to Andrew Brandt of NationalFootballPost.com, the Eagles and Vick have come to terms on a six-year, $100 million contract. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the new deal will give Vick a guaranteed $40 million.

https://twitter.com/#!/adbrandt/status/108323098616545280

want to discuss... go to nfl news forum:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=457995

TheOleBallCoach

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that deal. It's going to come back to haunt them, big time.

AdoptASkin - Keiland Williams (Lions) - 57/195/2TD
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOleBallCoach wrote:

Almost identical to Albert Haynesworth's contract. Oh boy, does this make me happy! Very Happy
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 40 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 9 catches, 46 yards... and a fumble
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOleBallCoach wrote:
agreed. Cool Cool

Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOleBallCoach wrote:

Lol yea wanna hear something? desean Jackson isn't signed yet. And Eagle fans are delusional to still think Steve Smith is gonna be back in time to some how play in a high level.

If Steve Smith plays high than he will want a huge contract . Either way how Philly fan make it out to be they are getting [inappropriate/removed] over.
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a crazy contract for a player who is 30. Glad we didnt sign him to anything.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Donthate48

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
TheOleBallCoach wrote:

Almost identical to Albert Haynesworth's contract. Oh boy, does this make me happy! Very Happy

I said the exact same thing when I found out Laughing

As for my picks, I really see the eagles being weak this year, Andy Reid doesn't know how to coach a Superbowl winning team, and the front office is obviously getting impatient, hence them going the redskins route. The key to beating Michael Vick is having a solid front 4 (or 3 with a good back up 4). Look at what the bears did to him in the play offs. Vick only runs over non athletic players, and fortunately for us, we have fresh legs in our backfield.

Assuming Laron stays healthy, and OJ can perform as consistent as he has been, I guarentee the redskins will be at the worst 8-8. (we play the NFC WEST for crying out loud!) I think the Eagles reign in the NFC east is almost over, and its about damn time we reclaim the throne! However this probably won't happen this year, and I bet the eagles win the division, followed by the giants barely beating us and the cowgirls.

^^ Good looks by Walter on the skin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 1 of 55

Jump to: