Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Song Of Ice And Fire Thread (READ PG 1 !!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Will Dorne join Aegon or Dany? Especially with Quentyn getting killed by the dragons.

Randyll Tarly was pro Targ like all of the Reach, and his son Dickon married the 8 year old heir to Maidenpool, which is a big harbor, Tarly knows that Aegon is coming?

That's a stretch. Tarly's a big fish but he aint that big Laughing
samgurl775

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, with Margaery on the throne I don't think any of the houses from the Reach would support Aegon (or anyone else). I have a hard time seeing where Aegon fits into the story. Who are his allies? The Martells? What exactly does he plan on doing, and why should anyone believe he is who he says he is?

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
RoxSox2004

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
Yeah, with Margaery on the throne I don't think any of the houses from the Reach would support Aegon (or anyone else). I have a hard time seeing where Aegon fits into the story. Who are his allies? The Martells? What exactly does he plan on doing, and why should anyone believe he is who he says he is?

I think they'll just know he's a true Targaryen just by the way he acts and holds himself. He's been groomed for the throne since he was borne. Dorne will definitely declare for him, not only because he's Elia's son.

It'll be interesting to see who they get to play him, if the show goes that far.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the success, I would be surprised if they didn't get that far with the show.

I think Dorne sides with Aegon, because they'll believe his real, especially if Doran dies.

Anyone else read the Theon Chapter George has on his webside from WoW, and read summaries some of the Chapters George has read to all the different cons.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:

Well here's a thought for ya sam. The Tyrells fought for the Mad King during Robert's Rebellion. And if something happened to Tommen (which I would hate) there'd be nothing stopping the Tyrells from supporting Aegon. They've definitely soured on the Lannisters at this point
samgurl775

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:
Well here's a thought for ya sam. The Tyrells fought for the Mad King during Robert's Rebellion. And if something happened to Tommen (which I would hate) there'd be nothing stopping the Tyrells from supporting Aegon. They've definitely soured on the Lannisters at this point
Yeah, I'm going to be mildly devestated if something happens to Tommen and/or Myrcella. I just don't get how Aegon is going to convince anyone he's really Rhaegar's son. The thing that bothered me so much about Aegon's reveal is that what's stopping anyone from saying they were the long lost son of such and such a lord? If I were a lord in present day Westeros and heard of Aegon, I'd just be like kid, I don't know who you think you are, but you're not fooling anyone.

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roughly 550 pages done with the first book.

Person I like more having read the book from season 1: Jon

Person I hate more having read the book from season 1: Catelyn Stark and not even close.

If I took Cat book 1, and Cat season 2 HBO, I'd be hard-pressed to name a character I hate more. Sure, Joffrey is a POS, but that's in his nature. Cat is just... I can't really describe how I feel about her on here Laughing

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
samgurl775

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really understand all the Catelyn hate Laughing Sure, she's mean to everyone's favorite bastard, but how would you feel if your spouse came home with someone else's child?

Troy Brown wrote:
Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:
Yeah, I'm going to be mildly devestated if something happens to Tommen and/or Myrcella. I just don't get how Aegon is going to convince anyone he's really Rhaegar's son. The thing that bothered me so much about Aegon's reveal is that what's stopping anyone from saying they were the long lost son of such and such a lord? If I were a lord in present day Westeros and heard of Aegon, I'd just be like kid, I don't know who you think you are, but you're not fooling anyone.

Silver hair and purple eyes seem like a distinct trait though.

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
I don't really understand all the Catelyn hate Laughing Sure, she's mean to everyone's favorite bastard, but how would you feel if your spouse came home with someone else's child?

Not just that. It's because of her that everything has escalated so quickly. Dunno. Maybe my hating of her in season 2 carried over.

Also: hate Sansa a lot as well Laughing

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also: heard Thoros of Myr will be in season 3 on HBO.

When I read about him and his firesword, the winning the kings melee... Look forward to seeing him in action.

Another note: thinking back on season 2, Renly's death is probably the weakest possible method of getting rid of a character. Sad, really.

Overall, GRRM has created an amazing story, with no one safe... But the actual writing is kind of weak. That's not to say it takes away from the story, but something I've noticed while reading.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg_Jennings wrote:
Silver hair and purple eyes seem like a distinct trait though.

This and people believe what they want to, and Rheagar was a beloved person. Someone will declare for Aegon, Dorne maybe even the Reach.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Also: heard Thoros of Myr will be in season 3 on HBO.

When I read about him and his firesword, the winning the kings melee... Look forward to seeing him in action.

Another note: thinking back on season 2, Renly's death is probably the weakest possible method of getting rid of a character. Sad, really.

Overall, GRRM has created an amazing story, with no one safe... But the actual writing is kind of weak. That's not to say it takes away from the story, but something I've noticed while reading.

I actually enjoyed it.

Renly, the beloved younger brother of the dead King - surrounded by loved ones. Marches at a leisurely pace while enjoying tournaments and feasts. The threat of war and the burden of command clearly the least items of his mind.

Enter the Red Priestess. Invoking mysticism and magic, bypasses all of the adorning followers. There is no long conquest or build up to death. It is the antithesis of his march for the crown. It was quick.

I found it very amusing that all the armies amassed. All of the plans and preparations. The marches. The time consumed. All of it - ends in a matter of seconds. And not with the bang of fanfare which Renly's war campaign had been, but with a whisper of a shadow striking at the very heart of it all.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:

She do some dumb things, and is awful to a favorite character, but overall I like her chapters, because they're the ones we get to see/hear about Robb.

samgurl775

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
By writing do you mean how certain things have unfolded (like Renly's death)? Because I can agree with that, but for as much as the story dropped off in FFC and DwD, GRRM's writing ability made it much more bearable. And I'll wait until you're further along before going all pro-Sansa on you Wink

And about Aegon...I just don't see it. I feel like it would be easy for anyone to claim they were someone else. And I don't think the Tyrell's would just support him even if something were to happen to Tommen. Power can corrupt anyone, and since the Tyrell's are pretty much the most powerful family, I have a hard time imagining them just giving it up to support Aegon.

Troy Brown wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 75 of 100

Jump to: