Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Song Of Ice And Fire Thread (READ PG 1 !!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:
skywindO2 wrote:
Greg_Jennings wrote:
is that a WoW Tyrion chapter? Why is that part highlighted?

It's from Dance with Dragons, and it's highlighted because of this. :lol:
That's not funny :(

You're right... it's hilarious :lol:

Didn't get it until you pointed it out, but that is just fantastic.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg_Jennings wrote:
You guys think Bloodraven still has Dark Sister?

I think he left it at the wall or somehow at Winterfell, but I doubt that.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Greg_Jennings wrote:
You guys think Bloodraven still has Dark Sister?

I think he left it at the wall or somehow at Winterfell, but I doubt that.

Did Bloodraven go to Winterfell? And if he left it at the Wall I would assume it woulda been found by now.

But I think it makes sense that he still has it. He wouldn't have gone north of the wall without it. My guess is that Bran will bring Dark Sister to Jon, and tell him who he is. Dark Sister is lightbringer?

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I am readin the 5th book, my reaction:

"Dany
Wut r u doing?
Dany
Stahp"

She gets married...

Like... There are times where I absolutely love what she does, but this whole Mereen situation is a trainwreck.

Pretty sure that Bran is being taught by the Lord of Darkness that the red priests fear.

Took me a short while as I was reading Theon's chapter but it hit me who Abel is.

Despite what he did, still feel bad for Theon.

I think Dorne rallies around the Prince and they fight without Dany. Hell, I start to wonder If she'll ever go to Westeros. But her story could go in any direction, though I despise her for how she's treating the dragons. I suspect Drogon will show up to save her dumb butt once more at some point.

Any word on when the next book is to come out?

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished ADWD... I have a sneaky suspicion this can't possibly be wrapped up in 2 more books. 5 books for later summer/autumn then 1 or 2 books of winter and maybe spring?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Just finished ADWD... I have a sneaky suspicion this can't possibly be wrapped up in 2 more books. 5 books for later summer/autumn then 1 or 2 books of winter and maybe spring?

I'm guessing spring will be just the very end of the series, the last 2 books will pretty much be all winter. Heck, it may not even make it to spring. It's called "A Dream of Spring", not "Spring at Last!" so it may be winter the rest of the series.

I wonder if GRRM will pass the property rights torch along to someone else. He's created such a rich and detailed world in the ASOIAF universe that there could be many more stories and side tales to go along with the main series. It'd be a shame to have no more stories after he passes (which could be next year, could be 25 years from now, we have no idea), but he may want it to be his and his alone. Has he ever commented as such about it?

Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

**spoilers**

You guys probably talked this to death, but what do you think of Jon Snow actually being a Targaryen? The son of Rhaegar and Lyanna.

We know he's one of the most committed to stopping the Others.

I think the climax of the series will be when the dragons fires fight the cold of the Others.

Could Jon be Azor Ahai reborn? I don't think he's dead, but maybe he is sacrificed as an offering by the Queen's men at the start of the next book, but like Dany can't burn?

He's also a warg. What if he slipped into the skin of a dragon Shocked Shocked
He's the most committed to stopping the Others. If he slips into a dragon, he would become the ultimate weapon against them.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Phire wrote:

I'm guessing spring will be just the very end of the series, the last 2 books will pretty much be all winter. Heck, it may not even make it to spring. It's called "A Dream of Spring", not "Spring at Last!" so it may be winter the rest of the series.

Yeah I figured as such. 2 large books of winter would probably suffice. A lot of players have died, but a lot more have filled their spots.

There's so much going on.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Phire wrote:

Yeah I figured as such. 2 large books of winter would probably suffice. A lot of players have died, but a lot more have filled their spots.

I still want Davos to somehow end up on the Iron Throne. More realistically his best option would be to end up as hand of the Kingof whomever wins , but I think he's going down with the Stannis ship.

Phire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Phire wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Phire wrote:

I still want Davos to somehow end up on the Iron Throne. More realistically his best option would be to end up as hand of the Kingof whomever wins , but I think he's going down with the Stannis ship.

Well he should be hooking up with Rickon soon, and GRRM has kept Davos alive this long, has some sort of plan for him I'm sure.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
**spoilers**

You guys probably talked this to death, but what do you think of Jon Snow actually being a Targaryen? The son of Rhaegar and Lyanna.

We know he's one of the most committed to stopping the Others.

I think the climax of the series will be when the dragons fires fight the cold of the Others.

Could Jon be Azor Ahai reborn? I don't think he's dead, but maybe he is sacrificed as an offering by the Queen's men at the start of the next book, but like Dany can't burn?

He's also a warg. What if he slipped into the skin of a dragon Shocked Shocked
He's the most committed to stopping the Others. If he slips into a dragon, he would become the ultimate weapon against them.

Most people think that Jon is Rhaegar and Lyanna's son. And Dany can burn, the pyre thing in aGoT was a one time thing. She get blisters from touching the dragon in aDwD.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
Darrelle Revis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not gonna revisit this thread for a while because of spoilers, but the third book is unbelievable.

"I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last."
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the 4th book ever pick up? I'm a little more than half way through. It's way harder to read multiple chapters in this one for me.

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:
Does the 4th book ever pick up? I'm a little more than half way through. It's way harder to read multiple chapters in this one for me.

I think Jaime have some funny/good moments later on. I like Sansa's last chapter. Cersei is interesting.

Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
MOSteelers56 wrote:

I think Jaime have some funny/good moments later on. I like Sansa's last chapter. Cersei is interesting.

Sansa, Arya, and Samwell (if only just for Aemon) make that book.

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100

Jump to: