Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Song Of Ice And Fire Thread (READ PG 1 !!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:
**spoilers**

You guys probably talked this to death, but what do you think of Jon Snow actually being a Targaryen? The son of Rhaegar and Lyanna.

We know he's one of the most committed to stopping the Others.

I think the climax of the series will be when the dragons fires fight the cold of the Others.

Could Jon be Azor Ahai reborn? I don't think he's dead, but maybe he is sacrificed as an offering by the Queen's men at the start of the next book, but like Dany can't burn?

He's also a warg. What if he slipped into the skin of a dragon Shocked Shocked
He's the most committed to stopping the Others. If he slips into a dragon, he would become the ultimate weapon against them.

Most people think that Jon is Rhaegar and Lyanna's son. And Dany can burn, the pyre thing in aGoT was a one time thing. She get blisters from touching the dragon in aDwD.

Dany must still be immune to fire because Drogon breathed fire in her face and it only damaged her hair. She gets blisters and small bruises and stuff but I don't think she can be killed by it. In the show it appears she cannot feel heat at all.

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off of Phire's post: I don't think anyone could warg a dragon. That dude Varamyr Sixskins had a battle on his hands warging into that spearwife he saw. Imagine trying to take over a creature as strong-willed as a dragon?
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg_Jennings wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:
**spoilers**

You guys probably talked this to death, but what do you think of Jon Snow actually being a Targaryen? The son of Rhaegar and Lyanna.

We know he's one of the most committed to stopping the Others.

I think the climax of the series will be when the dragons fires fight the cold of the Others.

Could Jon be Azor Ahai reborn? I don't think he's dead, but maybe he is sacrificed as an offering by the Queen's men at the start of the next book, but like Dany can't burn?

He's also a warg. What if he slipped into the skin of a dragon Shocked Shocked
He's the most committed to stopping the Others. If he slips into a dragon, he would become the ultimate weapon against them.

Most people think that Jon is Rhaegar and Lyanna's son. And Dany can burn, the pyre thing in aGoT was a one time thing. She get blisters from touching the dragon in aDwD.

Dany must still be immune to fire because Drogon breathed fire in her face and it only damaged her hair. She gets blisters and small bruises and stuff but I don't think she can be killed by it. In the show it appears she cannot feel heat at all.

Yeah she was engulfed in flames and lost all her hair--again.
Lots of references to Jon with flames/burning too.

For example, GRRM seems to really be hammering home the fact that Jon burned his hand. That has got to be a clue for something. (and yeah, it seems even Dany can still burn).

Ygritte was kissed by fire... and she did a lot of kissing with Jon.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Off of Phire's post: I don't think anyone could warg a dragon. That dude Varamyr Sixskins had a battle on his hands warging into that spearwife he saw. Imagine trying to take over a creature as strong-willed as a dragon?

If we assume Jon has Targaryen lineage, this may be the first time a Targeryan (through the Stark line) even has the ability to warg into one.

I think Dany hints that a rider can only ride one dragon. Since she rode Drogon, the other two will find riders some day.

The easy answer seems to be Aegon and Jon, once again assuming Jon is Rhaegar's son. Could the bond be enough for Jon to change into a dragon? Maybe Bran makes him a super powerful warg?

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:
finn54

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:

I think Bran could do it (hypothetically speaking; I don't see how it would fit the storyline).

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finn54 wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:

I think Bran could do it (hypothetically speaking; I don't see how it would fit the storyline).

I think Bran might be able to do in the future.

I read somewhere that the pyre thing with Dany was a one time thing.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
Phire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea that Jon is a secret Targaryen, but the one thing that keeps me from completely buying it is due to Eddard Stark's basically "do as you will" response to Jon taking the black.

I mean, if he knew Jon was a Targaryen and swore to Lyanna that he would raise/protect him, I don't think he'd just allow Jon to the wall without protest and head to King's Landing himself, thus putting Jon into the perils of the Wall and the untamed north, also not being able to supervise him and keep his promise, and also binding Jon to a life of servitude at the wall.

Simply put, when Jon approaches Ned about taking the black, Ned's reaction was that if Jon was truly just a bastard, not the daughter of Rhaegar and Lyanna.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
I like the idea that Jon is a secret Targaryen, but the one thing that keeps me from completely buying it is due to Eddard Stark's basically "do as you will" response to Jon taking the black.

I mean, if he knew Jon was a Targaryen and swore to Lyanna that he would raise/protect him, I don't think he'd just allow Jon to the wall without protest and head to King's Landing himself, thus putting Jon into the perils of the Wall and the untamed north, also not being able to supervise him and keep his promise, and also binding Jon to a life of servitude at the wall.

Simply put, when Jon approaches Ned about taking the black, Ned's reaction was that if Jon was truly just a bastard, not the daughter of Rhaegar and Lyanna.

We don't know yet what the promise was that Ned made to Lyanna. If it was "keep him safe and away from Kings Landing" then the Wall may be the most unpolitical place in Westeros.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Phire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Phire wrote:

We don't know yet what the promise was that Ned made to Lyanna. If it was "keep him safe and away from Kings Landing" then the Wall may be the most unpolitical place in Westeros.

As apolitical as it is, it's still exile. He's there with the scum of Westeros--for life.

I don't think Ed Stark would pretty much exile his sister's son, and a Targaryen blood to boot.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert hates the Targaryens. Yet he didn't bother with Maester Aemon, because he's blind, but still you don't touch those that take the black, and if Jon take the black, Ned could tell him the truth.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Robert hates the Targaryens. Yet he didn't bother with Maester Aemon, because he's blind, but still you don't touch those that take the black, and if Jon take the black, Ned could tell him the truth.

Perhaps he was waiting for Jon to take his vows before telling him the truth, and then lost his head before he could see him again. The general speculation is that Howland Reed will be the one to make the reveal if he is indeed Rhaegar and Llyana's son since he was there at the Tower of Joy with Ned as the only other survivor.

Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

Perhaps he was waiting for Jon to take his vows before telling him the truth, and then lost his head before he could see him again. The general speculation is that Howland Reed will be the one to make the reveal if he is indeed Rhaegar and Llyana's son since he was there at the Tower of Joy with Ned as the only other survivor.

It could very logically be Bran as well.

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Phire wrote:

As apolitical as it is, it's still exile. He's there with the scum of Westeros--for life.

I don't think Ed Stark would pretty much exile his sister's son, and a Targaryen blood to boot.

Joining the Night's Watch is considered a great honor within the Starks. They've manned the Wall for hundreds of years.

THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg_Jennings wrote:
Phire wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Phire wrote:

Joining the Night's Watch is considered a great honor within the Starks. They've manned the Wall for hundreds of years.

Thousands

PuntMyLumps

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another sample chapter!

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html

It's Arianne Neutral Haven't read it yet, about to start now.

Do I dare to eat a peach?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100

Jump to: