Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Song Of Ice And Fire Thread (READ PG 1 !!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DarrellGreen28


Joined: 16 Jan 2011
Posts: 454
Location: Rockville, MD
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywindO2 wrote:
Greg_Jennings wrote:
is that a WoW Tyrion chapter? Why is that part highlighted?

It's from Dance with Dragons, and it's highlighted because of this. Laughing

GRRM is a huge Giants (and Jets) fan. That's def intentional. In fact, for those that have read aDwD, the character Ser Patrik (Patrick is one of his friends who won a bet and asked to have his own character and be killed) who had a blue star as his logo (Cowboys) got killed by Wun Wun (Phil Simms) the Giant at the end. Funny that GRRM honored the bet and used it to actually fulfuil a role in the story.


This Arianne chapter is interesting. Looks like Dany will have some trouble gaining support
_________________
RG3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NYGiantsman10


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 9909
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarrellGreen28 wrote:
skywindO2 wrote:
Greg_Jennings wrote:
is that a WoW Tyrion chapter? Why is that part highlighted?

It's from Dance with Dragons, and it's highlighted because of this. Laughing

GRRM is a huge Giants (and Jets) fan. That's def intentional. In fact, for those that have read aDwD, the character Ser Patrik (Patrick is one of his friends who won a bet and asked to have his own character and be killed) who had a blue star as his logo (Cowboys) got killed by Wun Wun (Phil Simms) the Giant at the end. Funny that GRRM honored the bet and used it to actually fulfuil a role in the story.


This Arianne chapter is interesting. Looks like Dany will have some trouble gaining support


Wun Wun...hmmm... I get it Laughing

I don't think Dany will have any trouble gaining support. Dragons >>>>> some kid showing up claiming to be a long dead prince
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
NYGiantsman10


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 9909
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the heck is Jon Snow gonna cross paths with Howland Reed anyway?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 34701
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
How the heck is Jon Snow gonna cross paths with Howland Reed anyway?


Howland might be leaving the swamp soon
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 34701
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuntMyLumps wrote:
Another sample chapter!

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html

It's Arianne Neutral Haven't read it yet, about to start now.


Read it this morning. I liked it.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15646
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
PuntMyLumps wrote:
Another sample chapter!

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html

It's Arianne :| Haven't read it yet, about to start now.


Read it this morning. I liked it.


It's frustrating, I want to read the next chapter now.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NYGiantsman10


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 9909
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
How the heck is Jon Snow gonna cross paths with Howland Reed anyway?


Howland might be leaving the swamp soon


Reason like 500 why Jon is not dead is because GRRM still hasn't resolved his lineage and he said he would. If Jon is dead who would care about who his parents are?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 34701
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
How the heck is Jon Snow gonna cross paths with Howland Reed anyway?


Howland might be leaving the swamp soon


Reason like 500 why Jon is not dead is because GRRM still hasn't resolved his lineage and he said he would. If Jon is dead who would care about who his parents are?


His family, but yeah I would be surprised if Jon actually died. Probably just injured.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 34701
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
PuntMyLumps wrote:
Another sample chapter!

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html

It's Arianne Neutral Haven't read it yet, about to start now.


Read it this morning. I liked it.


It's frustrating, I want to read the next chapter now.


GRRM read the second Arianne chapter at some convention. You can read a summary of it somewhere.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100
Page 100 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group