Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC East Discussion Thread Vol. 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Gmen wrote:
The Rob Ryan firing was a bit surprising. Prior to being hammered by injuries, they were a pretty good defense.

I love Jerry Jones for keeping his team down. Instead of blaming his QB and special teams for the losses (he apparently points to the Chicago and Seattle losses as key reasons for firing Ryan) he blames the defensive coordinator. Really? Dallas had 7 turnovers between those two games and he expects a defense to hold?

I've missed Al Davis' zaniness and unpredictability. I never thought he'd take control of Jerry Jones and destroy the Cowboys.

As long as Romo and Jerry are there all the other pieces do not matter. They won't win when it counts. Personally I hope he signs Romo to an extended longterm contract.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
LikesHAM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Gmen wrote:
The Rob Ryan firing was a bit surprising. Prior to being hammered by injuries, they were a pretty good defense.

I love Jerry Jones for keeping his team down. Instead of blaming his QB and special teams for the losses (he apparently points to the Chicago and Seattle losses as key reasons for firing Ryan) he blames the defensive coordinator. Really? Dallas had 7 turnovers between those two games and he expects a defense to hold?

I've missed Al Davis' zaniness and unpredictability. I never thought he'd take control of Jerry Jones and destroy the Cowboys.

As long as Romo and Jerry are there all the other pieces do not matter. They won't win when it counts. Personally I hope he signs Romo to an extended longterm contract.

I feel like Romos time in Dallas is unfortunately winding down. I think next year will literally be the make or break year. If he gets a playoff win then he stays and if he doesn't he's out.
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballmock.com/nfl-qbs-on-facebook-crappy-new-year/2012-12-31-cut-with-wm-01/

This made me laugh. Romo lets down his family and friends.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys hire Monte Kiffin at DC. Switching from 3-4 to 4-3.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8835776/monte-kiffin-named-defensive-coordinator-dallas-cowboys

A read on how the personnel fits:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4704671/how-does-dallas-personnel-fit-monte-kiffins-scheme

Edit: After reading about the personnel I fear KP may sign with the Cowboys...if they can figure out how to pay him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8835776/monte-kiffin-named-defensive-coordinator-dallas-cowboys

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4704671/how-does-dallas-personnel-fit-monte-kiffins-scheme

Edit: After reading about the personnel I fear KP may sign with the Cowboys...if they can figure out how to pay him.

I've seen places suggesting KP signing with NO because of Spags, really just speculation. I believe NO has very little room, barring any cuts. I read on the link that they like Church for 1 spot, but they could target KP to replace Sensbaugh.

I don't believe the Cowboys defensive personel is a great fit for Kiffen's system, but their DL was a little undersized for the 3-4 so it probably won't be too much different in performance.

I wonder if they will target a undersized 4-3 DE early in the draft. Spencer is likely to go.
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:

This is good news. The 95 year old Kiffin will not turn this team around. The problem is Jerry, Romo and Garrett. Until those 3 are gone the team will cannot be taken seriously.

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEE MEN wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

This is good news. The 95 year old Kiffin will not turn this team around. The problem is Jerry, Romo and Garrett. Until those 3 are gone the team will cannot be taken seriously.

Even when Jerry leaves, the entire exectutive/ front office is full of family members. Another one will take over and begin the next cycle lol.
Gmen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiffin's defense didn't do so hot in his four years at USC. It seems like the Cowboys just chase the big names.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
manning92

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chip kelly is officially the eagles new coach are we worried or indifferent to the hiring? at least now that he is hired they probably keep vick
to run his offense which is a spread offense with an emphasis on a mobile quarterback.

Props to SiLo on the Sig
Noles73

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be interesting to see how the Giants respond to this. They will now play 4 games a year within their division against offenses that rely on a mobile QB.

Against mobile QB's I like the 3-4 defense better because you are better set up on the edge but if we continue a 3 safety look I think that we will be ok.

The other thing to look at is both offenses rely on the running game to set up big plays. Chip Kelly had amazing weapons at his disposal that were usually better than their opponents. Will be interesting to see how he does in the NFL where there is more parity. I loved watching Oregon in college games but I am not sold that his scheme will work in the NFL.
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noles73 wrote:
Should be interesting to see how the Giants respond to this. They will now play 4 games a year within their division against offenses that rely on a mobile QB.

Against mobile QB's I like the 3-4 defense better because you are better set up on the edge but if we continue a 3 safety look I think that we will be ok.

The other thing to look at is both offenses rely on the running game to set up big plays. Chip Kelly had amazing weapons at his disposal that were usually better than their opponents. Will be interesting to see how he does in the NFL where there is more parity. I loved watching Oregon in college games but I am not sold that his scheme will work in the NFL.

One thing about Chip Kelly that worries me is that he is smart enough to use his offensive scheme, but change it up a bit to fit his personnel. Like a high-tempo big play style with Foles, not necessarily a dominant read-option. It will be tough in Year 1 until we get some tape on it. Have to see when we play the Eagles.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I can't say I'm super worried about Chip Kelly. The biggest issue is and always will be QB
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Honestly I can't say I'm super worried about Chip Kelly. The biggest issue is and always will be QB

He took one of the worst jobs in football given the current rosters and fan bases IMO. Garbage team with a city that expects a Superbowl out of them. Lose lose....unless he actually pulls it off.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the fact we have to play these gimmick offenses 4 times a year from now on.

Preparation time for our (struggling) defense to switch between these and normal games will not be welcome.

I'm sure these new systems wont last that long, but I'm not confident Fewell can adapt in the meantime.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:

He took one of the worst jobs in football given the current rosters and fan bases IMO. Garbage team with a city that expects a Superbowl out of them. Lose lose....unless he actually pulls it off.

Heh, yeah, the worst job in football if you're a complete coward who is afraid of expectations and the reality of taking over a terrible team.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 48 of 77

Jump to: