Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acgott

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Free Agency Thread Reply with quote

Talk all about Free Agency here

If a player signs with the Giants feel free to make a separate thread.
NYGCRUZ80

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what are the giants main targets in FA?

I know they are highly interested in top guards and RBs any other positions to look at in FA? Like TE or C
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
So what are the giants main targets in FA?

I know they are highly interested in top guards and RBs any other positions to look at in FA? Like TE or C

Yes to C... They've been linked to heavy interest in EDS from GB.
Not sure about TE.. But I'd imagine we'd have our new G by Tuesday as is typical with NYG.
Gmen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to find a starting CB to pair up with Prince. Alteraun Verner, Sam Sheilds or Vonte Davis would be on high on my list.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
NYGCRUZ80

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hopeful signings:
Ben Tate
Jon Asomah but heard the jets are very interested in him, gonna be hard to get him now
EDS
Tarrell Brown
Maybe a cheap OLB
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles eyeing Michael Johnson... Thats scary...
I'd prefer Gerhardt to Tate though.
Asamoah + EDS + Boothe + Pugh = Nice line combination.
Brown is a good solid CB just like Prince. Not flashy, but solid.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
They need to find a starting CB to pair up with Prince. Alteraun Verner, Sam Sheilds or Vonte Davis would be on high on my list.

Verner is way too overpriced. So far he has a lot of interest.. Will get a huge contract. Davis would be nice. As would Brown and Talib.. Though I think Talib stays with NE.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
My hopeful signings:
Ben Tate
Jon Asomah but heard the jets are very interested in him, gonna be hard to get him now
EDS
Tarrell Brown
Maybe a cheap OLB

Why are giants fans crying out for Tate? I don't get it. But the hate the MJD rumor lol . What in the big Blue hell
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
My hopeful signings:
Ben Tate
EDS
Tarrell Brown
Maybe a cheap OLB

Why are giants fans crying out for Tate? I don't get it. But the hate the MJD rumor lol . What in the big Blue hell

Tate is actually a good back. He's young, but his injuries are a concern. MJD is old, comes with a lot of wear, and wants a big contract. Tate, too, will get a big contract. He wants to be paid like an elite back which I think we could get in the draft.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
My hopeful signings:
Ben Tate
EDS
Tarrell Brown
Maybe a cheap OLB

Tate is actually a good back. He's young, but his injuries are a concern. MJD is old, comes with a lot of wear, and wants a big contract. Tate, too, will get a big contract. He wants to be paid like an elite back which I think we could get in the draft.

Mjd is 28 first off. Does everything u can ever ask of a RB and more importantly block. All this talk of him with. A lot of wear is crap. Plus he's not carrying the entire load here. In '12 he missed 10 games bc and injury and other than that has never missed over 2 games in a season. And he's done it surrounding by complete utter trash
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
My hopeful signings:
Ben Tate
EDS
Tarrell Brown
Maybe a cheap OLB

Mjd is 28 first off. Does everything u can ever ask of a RB and more importantly block. All this talk of him with. A lot of wear is crap. Plus he's not carrying the entire load here. In '12 he missed 10 games bc and injury and other than that has never missed over 2 games in a season. And he's done it surrounding by complete utter trash

A lot of wear is crap? Its not crap. 28 is old for a RB. Very few RB's play at a high level at that age. He has 1800 carries in his 8 year career. Thats a lot of mileage. You want to give a long term contract to guy who is declining? Yeah, I'm not interested.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id take MJD on a two year deal. I totally believe that running backs cannot go longer than 31 years of age.

Dont believe in spending more than 3 mill a year on a running back

Give me quarless, Asamoah, EDS, boothe, linval, beason, mcbride, michael Bush/legarrette blount (probably around 23 mill all together)

Go ealy in the first and jordan matthews in the second

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
dkebones

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
My hopeful signings:
Ben Tate
EDS
Tarrell Brown
Maybe a cheap OLB

A lot of wear is crap? Its not crap. 28 is old for a RB. Very few RB's play at a high level at that age. He has 1800 carries in his 8 year career. Thats a lot of mileage. You want to give a long term contract to guy who is declining? Yeah, I'm not interested.

I'd be ok with MJD on a low-guarantee, high incentives deal for a couple years, but he's waaay to narcissistic to accept one of those.

Too many "Shaun Alexnader deals" for running backs over the last 10 years to ever get comfortable with material guaranteed money to an older back.
dkebones

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:

Go ealy in the first and jordan matthews in the second

Drool Drool Drool
mlv

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Philly Mag's Tim McManus reports free agent DE Michael Johnson-to-Eagles "isn't happening."
McManus reported earlier Saturday that the Eagles were interested in Johnson. Once the legal tampering window opened at noon ET, McManus reports "negotiations got heavy" between Johnson and a "few teams." The Eagles weren't among those teams. Johnson is going to break the bank and will have a robust market.

Related: Eagles
Source: Tim McManus on Twitter

Quote:
NJ.com's Jordan Raanan reports the Giants made an offer to free agent DE Justin Tuck prior to the NFL's legal tampering window, but the two sides were unable to reach an agreement.
It is a bit surprising considering GM Jerry Reese's insistence Tuck would be allowed to reach free agency, but that looks to be the result regardless. Tuck recorded 11 sacks in 2013, but 9.5 of those sacks game in the final six games of the season. Tuck only recorded 10.5 sacks in the prior 37 games. He is our No. 7 available free-agent defensive end.

Source: NJ.com

Tuck is going to the highest bidder, and it's not going to be the Giants.

I have no idea what to expect in free agency, except that I think we will have one new starting offensive lineman via free agency. I'm not even sure Beason will be retained.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 1 of 51

Jump to: