Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Icey's New Giants' Mock. 2/4 Update #defensewinsrings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Icey's New Giants' Mock. 2/4 Update #defensewinsrings Reply with quote

FA:
Players Cut and/or Let Go
DE Mathias Kiwanuka, DT Cullen Jenkins, DT Markus Kuhn, S Antrel Rolle, S Quintin Demps, LB Spencer Paysinger, CB Chykie Brown, CB Jayron Hosley, RB Peyton Hillis, OG John Jerry, OL James Brewer, OL Dallas Reynolds, OL JD Walton, WR Jerrel Jernigan, WR Kevin Ogletree, TE Larry Donnell, FB Henry Hynoski, ILB Jon Beason

Resigned:
Player: DE Jason Pierre-Paul
Deal: 5 Years $51.7 Million
I do think JPP would consider taking a hometown discount, if it can help get us back into Super Bowl Contention.

Minor Resignings
CB Chandler Fenner, CB Zack Bowman, CB Walter Thurmond III, OL Adam Snyder, DE Kerry Wynn, OLB Jacquian Williams, CB Mike Harris, RB Orleans Darkwa

Extension (Pay Cut):
Eli Manning 3 years

FA:
Player: ILB Rey Maualuga
Deal: 3 Year Deal
He can help from day 1 against the run.

Player: FS Devin McCourty
Deal: 5 Year Deal
I know this signing would be a pipe dream. But he is one of if not the best safety in the NFL. Would be huge signing and it would help us change our defense.

Player: WR Denarius Moore
Deal: 1 Year Deal
Moore looked really good when he was rookie. Maybe he can do a 180 with Eli throwing him the ball now.

Draft:

Danny Shelton - DT - University of Washington - 6’1” 343lbs

I’ve started to dive into defensive tape recently, and let me tell you Shelton stands out to me more than anyone else on Washington’s D. Yes, that includes Thompson, Kikaha, and Peters (amongst others). While you can’t expect him to replicate his pass rushing stats in the NFL (for lack of a pass rushing repertoire), but he can easily move inside linemen backwards into the QB disrupt timing like that. Where he will really earn his money is stopping the run. Shelton also displayed a non-stop motor. He compares favorably to Vince Wilfork IMO. He’s number 2 on my Giants’ Personal Draft Board, behind only Clemmings.

Paul Dawson - LB - Texas Christian University

Patterson is often finds and turns these diamond in the rough type guys into superstars. Dawson is Patterson's latest stud. He compares favorably to LaVonte David. And like David could fall to us in the second round thanks to his scheme limitations (does not project well on the inside of a 3-4). Dawson, with a new line up front could not only wreak havoc, but also change the game for us from day 1.

Josue Matais - OG - Florida State University - 6’6” 325lbs

I’m still driving the Matais bandwagon. He looks to be the best LG prospect in the draft in my eyes. Of course you have Cann, and Collins, but Matais is so much better than them in pass pro and is also very athletic. He has long arms, and is very strong. Could use more polish, but he’s my number 2 rated senior guard. Has also played some tackle, and has the size to move out there. So it adds that he’s versatile.

Tyler Kroft - TE - Rutgers University 6'5" 240lbs

Kroft is a pretty good prospect in my eyes. He has day 1 Talent, but his lack of production this year is something to note. I personally think it's not that big of a deal, and do think this season was more of an outlier than the norm. Could be a special weapon for Eli.

Lynden Trail - DE - Norfolk State University - 6’6” 262lbs

Trail is fast, powerful, quick, and agile. Everything you look for in a DE. He is also just as raw. His physical tools suggest he has potential to be guy who can get you 13+ sacks a season. He just has really only had to rely on physical tools. He doesn’t have any pass rushing moves to speak of. He needs to go to a team with a good D-Line coach, and with Spags back he could succeed. He also is pretty good against the run. Could end up being an excellent DE spot with JPP and Ayers. He is also adept at getting his hands up in the air to disrupt passes.

Nick Marshall - CB - Auburn University - 6’2” 205lbs

Marshall intrigued me a lot during the Senior Bowl week. His size, and speed combo are eye opening. His time at QB really has helped him a lot, he understands routes better than most DB’s which will probably help a lot in the NFL. Has to learn how to be a good tackler, and has shown to have some pretty good cover skills. Shadowing Dorsett (Miami) during the one on one drills. Could develop into a shut down corner given his athleticism and understanding of the position.

Brandon Vitabile - OC - Northwestern University - 6’2” 302lbs

Vitabile, is a guy who can jump in and help as a depth guy from day 1. Michael Dyer is another guy to look at here. As is Kyle Brindza.

Michael Orakpo - OLB - Texas State - 6'1" 225lbs

Orakpo is a physical specimen. Can be a good special teams player, and can also play some SS if needed (That's how athletic he is).

UDFA

RB Michael Dyer Louisville - 5’9” 213lbs - Projected 40 Time: 4.43-4.48

Dyer’s off the field issues are well noted, but his on the field rushing ability have him as my 3rd best RB based on talent alone. Dyer can be a special player if he puts all of the idiotic decisions behind him.

FB Jalston Fowler Alabama - 6’1” 248lbs - Projected 40 Time: 4.65-4.70

Fowler is absolute beast as a lead blocker and with HH’s contract up in the air he could be picked up in UDFA and be a key contributor for the Giants’ running game from day 1. Also has potential as a Special Teams Contributor.

DE Marcus Rush Michigan State - 6’3” 251lbs - Projected 40 Time: 4.66-4.70

Rush is a tough and physical defensive linemen. A high motor for Rush will also help him in the NFL. If he was bigger he’d have gotten a 4th-6th round grade from me. But he is isn’t, so he won’t. He could be a contributor right away for the Giants, and that is saying a lot for a UDFA D-Lineman. Could move to OLB.

Depth Chart:

Last edited by Ice_Dude_2008 on Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We both have the same first round pick. I doubt it happens, but a great 3 down LB would do wonders for our D... Especially in our division.
bigblew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peters is not lasting to the 3rd round
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigblew wrote:
Peters is not lasting to the 3rd round

People said that about Tyrann and he did. Jenkins was supposed to be a top 10 pick before issues, and his talent warranted it. Jenkins was also better as a prospect than Peters. So him falling to the third is completely plausible. Probably won't happen, but to say it just flat out is not gonna happen is short minded.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damontre fell so it can happen..
you know my love for McKinney !

The past few drafts, we've seen players like David Wilson (projected mid second round grade, taken at 32) Justin pugh (projected early to mid second taken at 19) and Beckham (projected in the early twenties but rose fast just before draft. .. taken at 12)

Just because analysts and fans rank a player in the pick 20 range, doesnt mean that's where actual scouts, coaches and general managers believe that person will land
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated the draft and added a FA pool. When I feel like not being lazy again, I'll add the depth chart... lol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmao outside Nick Marshall ive never heard of one guy on youre mock. Im more familiar with the UDFAs lol. But solid draft. Addressing needs.
dkebones

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice_Dude_2008 wrote:
I have updated the draft and added a FA pool. When I feel like not being lazy again, I'll add the depth chart... lol

i'd sign up for this today.
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving the attention Shelton is getting on this forum..I can feel the pick is becoming more popular by the week.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
Loving the attention Shelton is getting on this forum..I can feel the pick is becoming more popular by the week.

Im fall in more and more in love with shelton as well... I actually love the prospects coming out of washington. They can easily have three defensive players going in the first round.

I love Dawson in the second. Really really hoping for a linebacker at that time... someone who would be a first round pick but limited to our scheme only (not players like moore, sintim, Austin who were drafted into a system they needed to learn)

Ive been trying to get on the lynden trail wagon but he did not impress me at the senior bowl game. Not very fluid and constantly doing the same swim move to the outside. A good spot for him tho as im expecting him or za'darius smith to slide to be there !
ESKY008

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Dawson pick. Orakpo and fowler are great picks that late. Fowler will prob get drafted though
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESKY008 wrote:
Love the Dawson pick. Orakpo and fowler are great picks that late. Fowler will prob get drafted though

I think if w e don't pick him with one of our picks in seventh he'll be there in UDFA. The only other team that needs to draft a FB is Buffalo imo

On Trail. I didn't really like him at the senior bowl. But I look at tape of his college career and the dude is really good at snapping back to the inside and beating linemen like that. That swim move wasn't something he repeatedly used in college. I guess he was showing scouts he has the ability to develop a pass rush move set if given proper coaching.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I honestly forgot about Paul Dawson. That kid is a monster. There's a chance he could sneak into the 1st round if he has a great combine. He's already being projected as a high 2nd rounder. His only downfall is his build but the kid is a definite football player. If It worked out Shelton and Dawson 1 and 2 to us.. man id be partying like mad.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would keep Jerry as a backup. Obviously, he isn't a stud as a starter, but he is a good reserve player. I would also keep Hynoski and would not trade Beason for Mauluga. I would also keep Donnell. Who else do we have at TE? ARod and Fells? No thanks.

Draft is really, really solid though. Well done. I like Trail a lot.
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
I would keep Jerry as a backup. Obviously, he isn't a stud as a starter, but he is a good reserve player. I would also keep Hynoski and would not trade Beason for Mauluga. I would also keep Donnell. Who else do we have at TE? ARod and Fells? No thanks.

Draft is really, really solid though. Well done. I like Trail a lot.

It's why I picked up Kroft. He's arguably the second best TE in the class. He can block well, he can line up anywhere due to his speed and agility for a TE. He's also got good hands, but didn't produce this year as he was used as more of a blocker in passing situations.

Fowler has potential to be one of the best FB in the league when he steps on the field week 1. He's an animal of a lead blocker and is athletic enough to be a weapon on dump-offs. Has also displayed good hands at time.

Mauluga would come way cheaper, would help against the run (because he can actually play). Beason hasn't played a full sixteen games since 2010. We pay him way too much money for him to play only 1/4 of the season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: