Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Positive Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: The Positive Thread Reply with quote

Hey fellas, I know our record isn't wheat we want it to be, and I know with the bye now we have nothing to really focus on. So let's try to focus on some of the positive developments of this team in this thread. We'll worry again on gameday! Laughing

Positives so far:

The 2014 NFL draft class: Holy crap this could be the best class in a long time for the Giants. ODB is electric, runs great routes, works hard, and is all of 21 years old. Richburg has the mindset to be a 10 year starter, Andre Williams has a lot of promise (I still believe in Andre 3000) and Devon Kennard looked really good in preseason. I know he's fully healthy now and hopefully he can get on the field.

However you slice it it's a good class. Gonna be fun to watch.

Eli Manning: Eli has risen from the ashes! Laughing in all seriousness he looks like a different QB. Way more comfortable, getting the ball out quick, throwing accurately. It's good to see. I'll be honest I thought Eli was done, but he's been as good as you could ask for.

Larry Donnell: I know he had the two fumbles but he's still far exceeded anyone's expectations. You can make a guy a decent blocker but you can't coach a guy to have better hands. Donnell has some great mitts.

Jonathan Hankins: Big Hank is a flat out monster. And another really young player that's stepped up. He's a load against the run and he's a better pass rusher than I thought he'd be.

Go ahead and add yours! Or just talk about the guys I mentioned!
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Brown hasn't missed a field goal...

Steve Weatherford is still Superman

Prince has played well
bigblew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to rain on your parade but 3rd round pick Bromley hasn't played
bigbluefan80

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigblew wrote:
Not to rain on your parade but 3rd round pick Bromley hasn't played

And even the guy I thought we'd take , Louis Nix III, whom was available at that spot, he's on IR. Bromley is a big mystery to me.. I just don't get it with him.

My positive:

- Damontre Moore showing flashes.
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beatty and JPP have bounced back.
Beckham looks legit.
Oline has looked good in 3 games... I guess thats 3 more than last year
Big Bad John Hankins looks reall good. Linval who?
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:
Beckham looks legit.

still won't resign hankins when the time comes Laughing
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
Biggsam49 wrote:
Beckham looks legit.

still won't resign hankins when the time comes Laughing

That's crossed my mind too Laughing

Prince has also upped his game this year
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another positive is that the Cowboys aren't as good as people are making them out to be Razz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Another positive is that the Cowboys aren't as good as people are making them out to be Razz

I was dead sure this was another 8-8 Cowboys season and we were going to see a nice late season collapse. But man that O-line looks legit and as long as they don't catch the injury bug it's going to be hard for them to stink enough not to make the postseason. What happens from there should be entertaining though Cool

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
mlv

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

I was dead sure this was another 8-8 Cowboys season and we were going to see a nice late season collapse. But man that O-line looks legit and as long as they don't catch the injury bug it's going to be hard for them to stink enough not to make the postseason. What happens from there should be entertaining though Cool

Even if Dallas lucked out and somehow got to the Super Bowl, I don't think it even matters. Denver is head and shoulders so much better than any other team this year. They should crush the NFC representative, whoever that ends up being. I wouldn't mind seeing Dallas get humiliated in the Super Bowl.
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlv wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

Even if Dallas lucked out and somehow got to the Super Bowl, I don't think it even matters. Denver is head and shoulders so much better than any other team this year. They should crush the NFC representative, whoever that ends up being. I wouldn't mind seeing Dallas get humiliated in the Super Bowl.

Highly doubt they'd crush the Seahawks...but they are definitely the best right now, no doubt.

Cowboys are a good, balanced team, but they are not one of the NFL's best. Probably top 10 though. Running the ball was the best thing this team could ever do; I don't know why they took so long to learn.
reckless123

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPP has looked much better compared to the past year and a half. But the overall pass rush has been very inconsistent. We no longer can get pressure just by rushing 4.

Hankins is a badddd man.

Prince has balled despite Dez terrorising him a couple of times. DRC has looked like a great addition. Disappointed on Stevie Brown.

Kennard Im saddened he has missed most of the year.

Offensively. O-line as a unit is better. Pugh has sucked big time this year. Has really regressed. Walton should not be a starter. Hoping Coughlin decides to move Richburg to C and insert Schwartz back in.

Jennings has been great.

Eli has looked markedly better. While Eli is completing passes, theyre not always placed well. He also needs to do a much better job of throwing deep. Hes missed on some.

OBJ, I dont think I need to say much about him. He's shown what he can do despite no training camp or preseason. I remember pre-draft I was clamouring for him if we were to go receiver.

Randle is making strides but obviously losing Cruz and Jernigan is devastating.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
bagh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:

I am actually hoping we try to go after Hakeem Nicks as a 3rd or 4th WRs.

He hasnt had the touches I think he was expecting in Indy and maybe cheap. This year the guy pretty much didnt put too much wear and tear on his body, so given his relationship with Eli, I think he may be a good signing for depth.
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bagh wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

I am actually hoping we try to go after Hakeem Nicks as a 3rd or 4th WRs.

He hasnt had the touches I think he was expecting in Indy and maybe cheap. This year the guy pretty much didnt put too much wear and tear on his body, so given his relationship with Eli, I think he may be a good signing for depth.

After the way he quit on this team I don't see the coaches/FO wanting him to be a part of the organization no matter the circumstances.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of our losses were bad enough to make me drink to the point of being blacking out. That's a positive.

I know what you're thinking - the eagles game should have done that. But that was so bad it never even became a real game. I managed to just laugh at how poor we were playing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: