Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SoS's Pressing Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: SoS's Pressing Questions Reply with quote

How's it going fellas. This will be the next installment of my "32 Team Pressing Fantasy Questions" thread, which will be found in the Fantasy Football forum once I've compiled a sufficient amount of responses. I will be linking each team from that central thread so posters can click on the link and be directed to this thread (or whichever team they click on) to directly see the comments you guys have left.

With that said, I would GREATLY appreciate as much participation/responses/opinions as possible. I know it's somewhat of a dead period here on Football's Future but it would be great if you guys could just take a few seconds to voice what you believe to be the answer to these pressing questions. Since it is for fantasy purposes, there likely will not be any defensive questions. Each team will have 3 questions and they will generally encompass the QBs, RBs, and WRs.

Thanks in advance!

1. With Ben McAdoo now calling the shots, should fantasy owners expect a bounce back year from Eli Manning? Can he be a top 10 fantasy QB again?

2. The receiver position is an interesting one to examine with the Giants. There's a lot of talent there, but who might be the best value pick out of Cruz, Randle, and OBJr this year? Who's the best long-term value? Is Adrien Robinson worth a flier?

3. The RB position is another one with a couple of question marks. Rashad Jennings has been labeled as the bell-cow back early in camp, so what type of numbers are you guys expecting from him? When might Andre Williams have value? Is David Wilson even worth mentioning at this point?

Gmen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: SoS's Pressing Questions Reply with quote

As much as I love Eli, I would avoid him in fantasy. He takes too many risks and his INT numbers tend to be pretty high.

Randle is the best current value. I wouldn't be surprised if he got 8 - 10 receiving TDs. He can be had in the 12th round in 10 team leagues from what I've seen. Great value. In terms of dynasty leagues, I'd get OBJ. A lot of talk about Watkins, Evans and Cook in terms of rookie WRs. Very little talk about OBJ, even though he's considered the best route runner which could translate to immediate NFL production.

I would avoid any Giants running back. First of all, if David Wilson comes back healthy and breaks off a few big gains like he showed he can do as a rookie, it could become a split backfield. Furthermore, there is talk about Andre Williams being the goal line back. And finally, we don't know how good the rebuilt offensive line is going to be.

I'm a big fantasy football fan. The only Giants I would pick up in standard 10 team leagues are Victor Cruz is round 5, and Rueben Randle in round 10.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Acgott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Eli's stats should improve with less option passing, but Eli has never been a top 10 fantasy quarterback. Take a QB that throws less INTs.

2. Randle will probably be the best value. Definitely skip Robinson. No reason to think he will do anything. You could probably find a better TE #2.

3. Definitely skip all RB's. No reason to trust Jennings as anything more than a low end RB2. We will find a lot more about Wilson next week when he meets with doctors again. If healthy Wilson could win the Kick Return job and be a threat in heavy return leagues. Do they even have those? Giants like Peyton Hillis and he could steal the goalie carries from Williams especially since Giants don't typically play their rookies a lot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: