Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LB Jon Beason injury thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 8542
Location: USA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: LB Jon Beason injury thread Reply with quote

Good news here!
Quote:
Manningham and Beatty are going to be "limited." Beason will be the only one on PUP. John Jerry was cleared to practice.

https://twitter.com/ebenezersamuel/status/491324924179800065

Players on the active PUP list can be removed at any time up to the start of the regular season where they must be placed on either the active roster or the 6 week PUP list


Last edited by Acgott on Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 8542
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Giants activated LB Jon Beason from PUP. Team also released veteran QB Curtis Painter, FB John Conner and TE Kellen Davis.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/505769571392159744
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GmenSeattle


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 10111
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Quote:
Giants activated LB Jon Beason from PUP. Team also released veteran QB Curtis Painter, FB John Conner and TE Kellen Davis.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/505769571392159744


Huzzah!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bballbkd1001


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 3964
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is weird. We are very healthy. Usually we lose 2-3 key players by now
_________________


^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shotgundraw


Joined: 03 Aug 2013
Posts: 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
This is weird. We are very healthy. Usually we lose 2-3 key players by now

Regression to the mean.
Injuries are random and vary a lot, so if you're unlucky one year chances are you'll be lucky the following year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bballbkd1001


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 3964
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shotgundraw wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
This is weird. We are very healthy. Usually we lose 2-3 key players by now

Regression to the mean.
Injuries are random and vary a lot, so if you're unlucky one year chances are you'll be lucky the following year.


Very true. Injuries play an important part of the game. The years we won, we got healthy atthe right time. Schwartz is week to week and that might be our only starter (jerry/richburg are both quality players.)
I dont consider OBJ a starter until he proves something to me.

Oh and really hoping we start washington across from Randle and keep cruz working in the slot. Give the kid a chance. I hate when players show talent and then Coughlin doesnt play them until week 14. Keep the hot hand going!
_________________


^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GmenSeattle


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 10111
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaand hurt again.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4192/jon-beason

Quote:
Giants MLB Jon Beason is headed for an MRI on his troublesome right foot.

Beason left the stadium with a walking boot on, a major concern as he's battled right foot woes for months now. "Again the toe," said coach Tom Coughlin. Mark Herzlich was forced to step in as the Giants lost to the Cardinals Sunday

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 8542
Location: USA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all knew this was a concern when we signed him. Disappointing though
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 11915
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst part about this is McClain has been horrendous so far. Gets washed out of every run play. Our LBs are crap now. Williams somehow got worse and Kennard is injured. We've got to bring someone up or in.
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:
But why not maintain that dominance? You guys were there...

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dkebones


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 3693
Location: Giants fan in the Seahawk's backyard...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
The worst part about this is McClain has been horrendous so far. Gets washed out of every run play. Our LBs are crap now. Williams somehow got worse and Kennard is injured. We've got to bring someone up or in.


word is the Ravens have Arthur Brown on the block after getting buried behind Mosley. Was never a great fit for a 3-4 anyway...
_________________
“I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. They wake up in the morning and that’s the best they’re going to feel all day.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 11915
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
The worst part about this is McClain has been horrendous so far. Gets washed out of every run play. Our LBs are crap now. Williams somehow got worse and Kennard is injured. We've got to bring someone up or in.


word is the Ravens have Arthur Brown on the block after getting buried behind Mosley. Was never a great fit for a 3-4 anyway...


Trade a 6th and get it over with. Otherwise the option is bring up Dan Fox or Kyle Bosworth. Yuck.
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:
But why not maintain that dominance? You guys were there...

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shotgundraw


Joined: 03 Aug 2013
Posts: 250
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you imagine Herzlich and Willliams out there ?

I don't agree about McClain, he is the least bad out there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WiscoBlue21


Joined: 09 Jan 2014
Posts: 296
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is bad news since Herzlich will have to play and he's one of the wort LB's I've seen in some time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigblew


Joined: 08 Jan 2010
Posts: 102
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut Herzlich and move on. He is a feel good story but enough is enough. The guy stinks and we have enough LBs that stink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 11974
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur Brown cant be worse than Herlizch. JR, pull the trigger and make the trade.
_________________


"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group