Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MSU Spartans Thread: 1-0... Daffy Duck Weekend
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: MSU Spartans Thread: 1-0... Daffy Duck Weekend Reply with quote

Seen it was time for a new thread. About time. That one dated back to 2007.

Remaining schedule (Already bowl eligible):
B1G Championship Game - Ohio State (12-0)

Last edited by LionsFTW on Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:25 am; edited 7 times in total
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upcoming Freshman Class:

LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Absolutely ridiculous we still have yet to be ranked. The NCAA rankings put way to much stock in offense and not enough in defense. Yeah we haven't really beat anyone and lost to ND (barely), but we have the best rated defense in the country. Are you telling me a 6-1 record with the best rated defense in the country is not worth a top 25 spot?

You could score 70 points a game but give up 68 points a game with a 6-1 record amd you'll be a top 15 team.

Ridiculous.
Typical_Lions

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSU leads the nation in ypg allowed by a fairly large margin too.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB Jayru Campbell chose MSU over 'Bama, Notre Dame and Wisconsin. This kid is exciting to watch. 6'3" and only 16? 17? Electric and can't wait to see him dress up for us. So far, he's our only 2015 commit.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical_Lions wrote:
MSU leads the nation in ypg allowed by a fairly large margin too.

4th in points against.
1King

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Absolutely ridiculous we still have yet to be ranked. The NCAA rankings put way to much stock in offense and not enough in defense. Yeah we haven't really beat anyone and lost to ND (barely), but we have the best rated defense in the country. Are you telling me a 6-1 record with the best rated defense in the country is not worth a top 25 spot?

You could score 70 points a game but give up 68 points a game with a 6-1 record amd you'll be a top 15 team.

Ridiculous.

Shouldnt be too surprised, at least with not being ranked in the AP poll. After all they let people like Drew Sharp have a vote. The same Drew Sharp that said that both Michigan and MSU were "easily the worst 1 loss teams in the nation."

Rolling Eyes

How have Burbridge and Arnett been doing for you guys?

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

Ridiculous.

Shouldnt be too surprised, at least with not being ranked in the AP poll. After all they let people like Drew Sharp have a vote. The same Drew Sharp that said that both Michigan and MSU were "easily the worst 1 loss teams in the nation."

Rolling Eyes

Arnett has barely seen the field but in his time, he barely gets targeted. Burbridge drops everything, but he's young. Fowler and Lippett has been stepping up and Kings remains inconsistent like everyone else but is our top target.
gl81

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

Ridiculous.

Shouldnt be too surprised, at least with not being ranked in the AP poll. After all they let people like Drew Sharp have a vote. The same Drew Sharp that said that both Michigan and MSU were "easily the worst 1 loss teams in the
nation."

Rolling Eyes

Saw that in regards to Sharp. He's always held hometown teams to a higher standard, not much differently than Mike Valenti, though I'm a huge Valenti fan.

Polls are nearly irrelevant to us. With our schedule and not being a traditional power, we're not going to get an at large BCS bid. It's Rose Bowl or likely some Orlando bowl game again.

Being ranked does help with exposure from week to week though.

^daboyle250
iLovetheLions

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gl81 wrote:
1King wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

Ridiculous.

Shouldnt be too surprised, at least with not being ranked in the AP poll. After all they let people like Drew Sharp have a vote. The same Drew Sharp that said that both Michigan and MSU were "easily the worst 1 loss teams in the
nation."

Rolling Eyes

Saw that in regards to Sharp. He's always held hometown teams to a higher standard, not much differently than Mike Valenti, though I'm a huge Valenti fan.

Polls are nearly irrelevant to us. With our schedule and not being a traditional power, we're not going to get an at large BCS bid. It's Rose Bowl or likely some Orlando bowl game again.

Being ranked does help with exposure from week to week though.

main reason i want us ranked is so i can set my score app to top 25 and still find our game. But yeah its rose bowl or bust as far as BCS games are concerned. I dont think we could make a BCS at large with 2 losses, not enough cache

Sllim Pickens wrote:
There should be a thread for UM fans and GB fans to sit and talk about how amazing their teams are with each other.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep feeling like we're going to lose 3 of our last 4 games.
ThugCityGrunt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:

Nah. We'll be fine. The defense won't let up, and the offense is getting better. I mean, it still sucks horribly, but nto as horribly as before, which is nice, I guess.

Saw we got another Bullough in the above post. Max and Riley's bro or a cousin?
1King

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThugCityGrunt wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

Nah. We'll be fine. The defense won't let up, and the offense is getting better. I mean, it still sucks horribly, but nto as horribly as before, which is nice, I guess.

Little brother. Plays one of the backs on offense (they run a stupid wing-T) and S on defense, at least the one time I saw him play. Not sure what he'll play for you guys, I would assume either SS or OLB.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
ThugCityGrunt wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

Little brother. Plays one of the backs on offense (they run a stupid wing-T) and S on defense, at least the one time I saw him play. Not sure what he'll play for you guys, I would assume either SS or OLB.

Teams still run the Wing-T?
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 hours folks. Im excited about this game. Can't wait to be an unranked 7-1.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 1 of 26

Jump to: