Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Homeland (Showtime) ~ *Spoilers Inside*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH-snelld4GB-IO wrote:
Nate Silver had Walden winning at 86%

Laughing Laughing

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
dotmotion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's dad on TV Laughing

My view of Walden being the front runner is him picking Brody. It's hard to tell as you said but it didn't seem like a McCain/Palin pick where he needed to choose someone from left field to win because a Pawlenty won't close the gap. To me, he choose Brody over whatever veteran senator that was mentioned because he was so confident that he was going to win and wanted to groom the next leader for their party. Maybe Walden was just overconfident but I think he is a better politician than to risk his VP pick if the race is considered tight.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:
It's dad on TV Laughing

My view of Walden being the front runner is him picking Brody. It's hard to tell as you said but it didn't seem like a McCain/Palin pick where he needed to choose someone from left field to win because a Pawlenty won't close the gap. To me, he choose Brody over whatever veteran senator that was mentioned because he was so confident that he was going to win and wanted to groom the next leader for their party. Maybe Walden was just overconfident but I think he is a better politician than to risk his VP pick if the race is considered tight.

now WAAAAAY too much is being read in to Walden's pick.

Brody was a horrible pick for VP, even if he wasn't a terrorist! had served a few months in Congress, had no government experience, hell was only a sergeant in the Marines!

he definitely was a way out there from right or left field pick, and to think anything other than that shows... heck i don't know... that tv has gotten to guys' brains?

Very Happy

also, Walden was shown to be a meglomanic kind of guy. he wasn't grooming Brody for anything, he was USING him and his popularity for himself.

Webmaster wrote:
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
dotmotion wrote:
It's dad on TV Laughing

now WAAAAAY too much is being read in to Walden's pick.

At this point, you just sound arrogant.

Remember that scene at the barn where the big funder told Brody that he is the future of the party. Not some idiot like walden. Brody's recent fame is what makes him the best candidate on the ticket.

Sometimes you dont need to be told explicitly. I guess that doesnt apply to everyone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, let's leave the insults at the wayside and just talk about the show.

i think it's obvious the writers presented Walden to the audience as a neo-evil person. bombing children and accepting it as collateral damage, covering up the incident, paying off his son's hit and run family, stuff like that. we never saw one honorable act from Walden throughout the show. he wasn't even a particularly caring father or husband.

so to say HE'S the one grooming Brody to be a leader, as if he cares about the nation's future, rings hollow. Walden wanted Brody on his ticket to cash in on public relations media hero hype and improve his chances of winning. it's not that Brody is competent to be the country's vice-president and even president, because he's not. that's the point of dotmotion's i am responding to.

Webmaster wrote:
dotmotion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walden picked Brody to be a congressman. Personally, I thought that Walden was genuine about Brody and saw him as his mentee. And no this is not for the country but for himself. I think Walden saw Brody as a way to carry on his legacy and the policies he would set in if Walden became president.

Brody is his creation. If Brody succeeds, I think Walden would take credit and be proud of it. This is the type of grooming I was talking about. The one to carry on the Walden mantle.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:
Walden picked Brody to be a congressman. Personally, I thought that Walden was genuine about Brody and saw him as his mentee. And no this is not for the country but for himself. I think Walden saw Brody as a way to carry on his legacy and the policies he would set in if Walden became president.

Brody is his creation. If Brody succeeds, I think Walden would take credit and be proud of it. This is the type of grooming I was talking about. The one to carry on the Walden mantle.

i understand, but i think you're attributing more positive virtue to Walden than what's there. because let's face it, Brody is wholly unqualified to be vice-president of the US, let alone a defibrilated heartbeat away from the presidency, for many reasons. yet Walden chose him. was that for the good of the country's interests? obviously not. or for Walden's own personal gain?

i vote the latter.

i don't think we were shown anything about Walden's legacy hopes or anything about that. we were shown him to be an opportunistic and law breaking guy, bent on justifying any action if it advanced his own gain and outlook.

Webmaster wrote:
OH-snelld4GB-IO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont read too much into the choice of brody as vp, its perhaps the most unrealistic thing about the show Laughing

VikingsFan51 wrote:
OHIO just totally stole my thunder. Took my milkshake and ate it too

Twitter: @snelld58
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH-snelld4GB-IO wrote:
Dont read too much into the choice of brody as vp, its perhaps the most unrealistic thing about the show Laughing

you know what's always bothered me...?

Brody is in captivity for a few years, presumably, and then brought to Nazir's house to tutor his son. Brody is cleaned up at that time.

but when he is rescued as a POW, after that, he has a Rip Van Winkle beard and long hair.

Webmaster wrote:
CAS22

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
OH-snelld4GB-IO wrote:

Brody is in captivity for a few years, presumably, and then brought to Nazir's house to tutor his son. Brody is cleaned up at that time.

but when he is rescued as a POW, after that, he has a Rip Van Winkle beard and long hair.

It makes sense. They wanted Americans to think that he has been held hostage in terrible conditions as a POW for eight years.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
OH-snelld4GB-IO wrote:

It makes sense. They wanted Americans to think that he has been held hostage in terrible conditions as a POW for eight years.

well, it makes sense they wanted him to look like he had been held dirty and disheveled in a cell for eight years, but he hadn't been.

i believe, according to Carrie's psychotically created full color timeline, he was rescued within two years of the school bombing. not enough time to grow his beard to that length.

Webmaster wrote:
yankee0724

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
OH-snelld4GB-IO wrote:

well, it makes sense they wanted him to look like he had been held dirty and disheveled in a cell for eight years, but he hadn't been.

i believe, according to Carrie's psychotically created full color timeline, he was rescued within two years of the school bombing. not enough time to grow his beard to that length.

You ain't be knowing his genes.

UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

#DIJ
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
OH-snelld4GB-IO wrote:

Hair grows at an average of 1/2 in per month in 2 years his beard could be 12 inches long.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Hair grows at an average of 1/2 in per month in 2 years his beard could be 12 inches long.

if your nutrition is optimal.

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i'm flipping through the channels and who comes on but a young Claire Daines in the Mod Squad remake.

Very Happy

Webmaster wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 31 of 42

Jump to: