Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Walking Dead (AMC) V. 6 *All Spoilers!* S4 is completed!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:38 am    Post subject: The Walking Dead (AMC) V. 6 *All Spoilers!* S4 is completed! Reply with quote

The last thread just hit 100pages...

The 5th season is over and now we can talk about how we feel about the past season and predict what might happen in season 6!

3...2...1..GO!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I just realized, they're definitely the cannibals.

Earlier in the episode, Rick shows Carl how to set up a path for a Rabbit to walk right into the noose in his trap...Same thing the members of Terminus did with him and his group.

It still bothers me that they're going to try and convince me that a good bit more than 50 people decided it's cool to eat other humans Laughing

Good call w/ the rabbit. Never thought about it. They definitely were the rabbits here. Also, I can buy into the cannibalism. We can't say how we'd act. I could see people, starving, scared, and ruthless looking for ways to get food. Literally, it walks to you. You don't have to do ish.

You saw the scene w/ the skeletons, right? When they were being funneled by the gunfire? It looks like they've been eating good.

PM sig requests.
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the last thread. Those are definitely human remains. Unless they raided the ATL zoo and those are from monkeys.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
It's an apocalyptic world where food is becoming more scarce. I don't see why it's so far fetched to think people would start eating other humans to survive. Ever see the movie "Alive"? That was based on a true story. Sure, those people were already dead when eaten, but this is a whole different world.

"Alive". Good point. And that's just a plane crash haha.

PM sig requests.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can say I'm finally intrigued by the story again.

The first half of season 4 was a throw away. That should have been wrapped up in season 3 and they could have gotten deeper into this terminus story thread. There was no reason for the Gov to come back to power and then finally die.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they air an entire season between the Season 4 finale and when I woke up just now?

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
yankee0724

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"They're gonna feel real stupid when they find out"

"Find out what?"

"That I also eat people"

Quote:
yankee0724

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Significance of the episode title

Gareth also made an A in sign language as the signal for everybody to start shooting.

Quote:
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a few reasons I think they were doing flashbacks.

First, you get to see rick go from a hard and cold person to a much warmer, softer, civilized individual who has resorted to other means for survival than the use of weaponry and hunting. Then as you see him in the situation with the bikers or whatever they are (that's what I'm going to call them), as the situation progresses, he realizes that the man he was before, the cold, hardened individual who would do absolutely anything to keep his son and his friends alive is the person he has to be to survive. He absolutely snaps and the entire gang pays the price.

But as you watch the show progress that hardened and cold persona is no longer the only one he has. He's become gentle with his friends and son and maticulous like never before. Let's be real, how many of us or even Daryl, Michonne, or Carl noticed the pocket watch in his pocket?

The entire time, outside and inside Rick was scoping out every inch of the place. Watching every single person in the compound.

The Rabbit trap they showed, the emphasis on that was the "escape route" they took inside of the compound. Those people weren't trying to kill them. They were trying to control the direction in which they travelled, much like the rabbit snare.

You can't kill them, if you kill them you have to eat them immediately. It looked like they already had a full grill. No, I'm not kidding.

The mistake these people made is this, yes, Ricks group has no weapons now, but they are just that, a group, if you're going to reel people in for the purpose of taking them prisoner and/or cannibalism, you want them to detach themselves from each other, be willing to throw one another to the wolves so to speak. That won't happen with Ricks' group because these people in Terminus have no idea what Rick's group has already been through. On top of that, if they get out of that train car, don't forget, Rick buried an entire bag of weapons, because he genuinely felt there might be a need for an 'escape plan'. He was right.

Originally I stated in the other thread Espisode 2 & 3 would be a blood bath but I think this is going to be drawn out a bit; Episode 1 will likely be more about Carroll and Tyrese arriving to at Terminus.

My prediction for the next season is that Rick and the rest of the group is going to find a way to escape the train car and jump the fence, find the bag of guns and form a plan to annihilate Terminus and everyone within it so that they can't do to anyone else what they've clearly being doing to people for a very long time.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:

Gareth also made an A in sign language as the signal for everybody to start shooting.

Interesting. Now that I see this, I think there's more than just cannibalism going on now......

PM sig requests.
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan and Abraham gonna merk errybody.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Morgan and Abraham gonna merk errybody.

I'm awaiting to see Abraham come out. I remember the readers telling me he was such a badass but so far, haven't seen too much. Very stern guy and means business 24/7 but I'm waiting for the badass. I have a feeling that's happening later.

PM sig requests.
yankee0724

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:

Interesting. Now that I see this, I think there's more than just cannibalism going on now......

The hand signal may have just been a coincidence since an A in American Sign Language is just a closed fist. But they definitely led them toward the A train.

Quote:
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw the A's, a couple thoughts came to mind. Perhaps a deadly sin? Acedia(Sloth) or Avaritia (Greed). Though in reality, neither of them really make sense of the situation at hand.

The candles do however give me the sense that there is at least a 'spiritual' persona with the members of Terminus. On top of that, I got a somewhat, Military vibe from the setup that existed in the room which Rick and his companions first entererd.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the finale was great, the only thing missing was Rick using an F bomb at the end like he did in the comics. They talked about it a bit on Talking Dead, and I kinda wish AMC would have just let them say it. It would have held a bit more weight IMO.

But overall, this was an effective way to end this season. The way Rick is at peace with what he has become, how they handled arriving at Terminus and how they were trapped, much like the rabbits Rick showed Carl earlier. I wasn't a huge fan of everyone being separated for the 2nd half of this season, but I understand that due to the separation they had to reunite most everyone in the finale. And now that we saw these lone group storylines end with everyone being trapped in that train car, Rick's call to arms was pretty effective. His group is not one to be messed with.

I still have a bunch of questions, but I am definitely very eager for next season, more so than any other of the seasons so far. I just pray that Scott Gimple stays on as show runner, not only because I think he is good at it, but because the thing which has killed this show to me is the constant change. We go from Darabont in Season 1 and part of Season 2, to Mazzara for the rest of Season 2 and most of Season 3. Now we have Gimple, and I hope we get some continuity, because IMO it will only make the show better. Plus Gimple wrote 3 of my favorite episodes of the show; "18 Miles Out", "Clear", and "This Sorrowful Life".

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 1 of 47

Jump to: