Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marvel/Netflix to develop four mini series of The Defenders
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acgott

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Marvel/Netflix to develop four mini series of The Defenders Reply with quote

Marvel and Netflix are teaming up to produce four live action mini series of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage in 2015.

Each series will have at least 13 episodes and will then feature the 4 heroes teaming up to form The Defenders mini series on Netflix

http://marvel.com/news/story/21476/disneys_marvel_and_netflix_join_forces_to_develop_historic_four_series_epic_plus_a_mini-series_event

Love this so much. Marvel won't be their letting popular heroes keep piling up dust. While they probably won't make it to the movies anytime soon it be a perfect compliment to the Avengers movies. Hopefully they will all be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find this pretty awesome, and I like the fact that they are building up to an event arc. I'm curious to see how that goes.

THE DUKE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having the SHIELD tv show and this tie directly into the Avengers universe is brilliant marketing.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
EddieGeorge27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage

I am too excited right now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome...just awesome.

And Im so glad it'll be on Netflix. Think that will fix some of the problems Agents of SHIELD has.

I wonder if each of the single series will be their origin story or what. And who they will get to play the four of them, you'd assume that some could make their way into movies at some point if they are popular.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
Awesome...just awesome.

And Im so glad it'll be on Netflix. Think that will fix some of the problems Agents of SHIELD has.

I wonder if each of the single series will be their origin story or what. And who they will get to play the four of them, you'd assume that some could make their way into movies at some point if they are popular.

It could definitely be a lot darker than Shield is too, being on Netflix. These shows have a lot of potential to do really well. Obviously Daredevil is the biggest name out of all of them but it will be really interesting to see how they tackle it. I, for one, cannot wait to see!

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
Awesome...just awesome.

It could definitely be a lot darker than Shield is too, being on Netflix. These shows have a lot of potential to do really well. Obviously Daredevil is the biggest name out of all of them but it will be really interesting to see how they tackle it. I, for one, cannot wait to see!

Luke Cage is pretty popular too I believe.

Hell, Nicolas Cage changed his name because he loved the character so much.

"He brought his doom on himself with his treason but I did love him, Davos. I know that now. I swear, I will go to my grave thinking of my brother’s peach.”
Acgott

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gambit Jango wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
Awesome...just awesome.

Luke Cage is pretty popular too I believe.

Hell, Nicolas Cage changed his name because he loved the character so much.

The average person has no idea who Iron Fist or Luke Cage is. They only heard of Daredevil because of the movie with Affleck
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. I do hate how Netflix dumps the whole season at once. I like it when the story builds a little. I also hate feeling like I am way behind on a show. I hope they cross characters into the movies and AoS and vice versa.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea...I think it's a smart way to get a reading on these characters by Marvel all of them would be risky move for a movie.

And it's really a barometer for things they have yet to do in the films. More mature stories (hopefully), Street level characters, and more directly a female & a black superhero.

If things go well, it'll be interesting what there next move would be. Do they combine Jessica Jones and Luke Cage into one show? Or do a Heroes for hire second season with him and Iron Fist? Or both?

There are plenty of other characters who fit naturally in with that, The Punisher and Moon Knight come to mind, but I think it'd be great if they got into Blade and some of the supernatural/horror stuff at some point....would fit in with what Netflix has done pretty well. And Doctor Strange will really open that can of worms in 2016/17 in the films.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
Sounds good. I do hate how Netflix dumps the whole season at once. I like it when the story builds a little. I also hate feeling like I am way behind on a show. I hope they cross characters into the movies and AoS and vice versa.

It does take away some of the culture of being a fan I 'll agree.

Netflix has said it would do other distribution methods if the creators wanted them to in the past. I guess I'd be ok with 3 chapters a week and then four the last week. Contains it to a month....release it on Fridays so busy people have the weekend then you get a week for discussion and stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Having the SHIELD tv show and this tie directly into the Avengers universe is brilliant marketing.

Too bad Agents of SHIELD is terribad. Hope they don't use the same showrunners for these.

You Already Know ... This Is What I Do
Kiltman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

Too bad Agents of SHIELD is terribad. Hope they don't use the same showrunners for these.

Yea it's been rough.....though I will say this weeks episode actually wasn't bad....first time I could say that all season.

Here's to hoping that the locked in commitment of a 13 episode season and openness of Netflix draws in some quality talent for these.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
Yea...I think it's a smart way to get a reading on these characters by Marvel all of them would be risky move for a movie.

And it's really a barometer for things they have yet to do in the films. More mature stories (hopefully), Street level characters, and more directly a female & a black superhero.

If things go well, it'll be interesting what there next move would be. Do they combine Jessica Jones and Luke Cage into one show? Or do a Heroes for hire second season with him and Iron Fist? Or both?

There are plenty of other characters who fit naturally in with that, The Punisher and Moon Knight come to mind, but I think it'd be great if they got into Blade and some of the supernatural/horror stuff at some point....would fit in with what Netflix has done pretty well. And Doctor Strange will really open that can of worms in 2016/17 in the films.

I doubt there will be more than one season for each character. Since these will be 13 episode "mini-series," they can go after some top notch talent for the leads, knowing that filming will last probably as long as a regular movie, and there will be no further commitment, other than potential future movies.

Luke Evans for Daredevil

#JDI
Kiltman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:

I doubt there will be more than one season for each character. Since these will be 13 episode "mini-series," they can go after some top notch talent for the leads, knowing that filming will last probably as long as a regular movie, and there will be no further commitment, other than potential future movies.

Luke Evans for Daredevil

From what I've seen the Defenders is the only thing that is a mini series, everything else is a first series order and they'll go from there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: