Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mortal Kombat Question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShowtimeSanders

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Mortal Kombat Question Reply with quote

So I was talking to some of my teammates about Marvel vs DC and how the development of each character by making individual movies first before bringing them together is a great method in making Avengers and Justice league better, so then we started talking about Mortal Kombat. And of course we all know that Mortal Kombat has been on high demand for a remake and it made me think what if they used this stratege with MK. I know MK has a lot of character but I think you would be able to combine some stories(Scropion vs Sub, Sonya Jax, Lui Kang Raiden Shang Tsung so you won't have like 10 different stories and only do the most interesting characters of course. I know they kind of did that with Legacy but it was only for 9 mins I think a lot of character has enough depth to warrant there own movie and then bring it all together by doing the MK Tournament. I was just wondering if you guys think it would be a good idea or work.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd watch
malak1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
i'd watch

This
jjab360

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe. It all depends on if a movie could get the financial backing without the following of Marvel or DC. If they did, I have no doubt it would make a good series though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I enjoyed all of the 10 minute mini movies released a couple years ago that sort of did this. I am not sure any of the characters have enough of a following to have their own movie individually though. I like having some background on the characters but those 10 minute flicks were enough. By the end I was ready for the tournament, that never came. I think what they were doing was what should have been done but have the movie ready when the last short is released.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
ShowtimeSanders

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
I know I enjoyed all of the 10 minute mini movies released a couple years ago that sort of did this. I am not sure any of the characters have enough of a following to have their own movie individually though. I like having some background on the characters but those 10 minute flicks were enough. By the end I was ready for the tournament, that never came. I think what they were doing was what should have been done but have the movie ready when the last short is released.

Well apparently the movie wasn't going connect to the web series. Also I think that you can get a following with each movie just by tying the MK name too it and like I said before only use the characters that are universal like scorpion sub zero lui Lang raiden Shang tsung johnny cage and a few others
Tongue-Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't happen. It would be cool and I'd watch it even though I know nothing about Mortal Kombat because that sounds like a pretty cool premise of building up to a deathmatch tournament, but it won't happen. Not a big enough audience for a single Mortal Kombat movie much less risks on individual character adaptations.

Along those same lines, I want them to do a Slasher Cinematic Universe. Jason, Freddy, Pinhead, Chucky...
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would work I think. With the studios seeming to crave not just franchises but interconnected universes, I bet this idea has been discussed somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldnt work.

And while Id love to see a new Mortal Kombat feature film, if it isnt rated R (which it wont be), its not even worth it.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
atown703

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Wouldnt work.

And while Id love to see a new Mortal Kombat feature film, if it isnt rated R (which it wont be), its not even worth it.
THIS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atown703 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Wouldnt work.

THIS

This is true too and I don't understand why they can't go the rated R route with these stories. Is it because they want kids to watch it?
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShowtimeSanders wrote:
atown703 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Wouldnt work.

THIS

This is true too and I don't understand why they can't go the rated R route with these stories. Is it because they want kids to watch it?

Yes. And they want the merchandising and toys to be kid friendly. Studios are sometimes weary about putting a lot of money into a rated-R action flick because they might miss out on the pre-teen and teenager crowd.

I actually think the idea in the OP could work if they had good writers, a nice budget, good casting, and a R rating. But the possibility of a studio committing resources to those four things or even 1 out of the 4 is low.

Props to Eggy
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Mortal Kombat idea, but think it would work better as a legit series/mini series on HBO or Showtime.
atown703

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
I like the Mortal Kombat idea, but think it would work better as a legit series/mini series on HBO or Showtime.
or even Netflix Shocked Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:

Too true.

That would be perfect actually.

They will never make a truly gruesome and gory MK full length feature. It will always be neutered so kids can go see it in theaters, thus completely eliminating the biggest part of what makes Mortal Kombat what it is.

On top of that, IMO, 90-120 minutes is not enough to really give the characters the attention they deserve.

I lost hope in ever getting a truly great MK show/movie. I dont think it will ever happen.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: