Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hemlock Grove [Netflix]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Hemlock Grove [Netflix] Reply with quote

Trailer is up on Netflix now. This is a new horror/suspense series from Eli Roth. It's hard to tell if this is going to be a great show or not just based on the trailer, but I'm definitely going to give it a shot. The show stars Famke Janssen among others, which isn't a bad start.

"He brought his doom on himself with his treason but I did love him, Davos. I know that now. I swear, I will go to my grave thinking of my brother’s peach.”
tinoynk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a fan of horror type stuff, but if the quality is anywhere near that of House of Cards it could definitely be interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tinoynk wrote:
Not really a fan of horror type stuff, but if the quality is anywhere near that of House of Cards it could definitely be interesting.

I've been looking for a horror show forever. American Horror Story started out ok, but just got goofy (haven't seen S2). This looks a little more up my alley, if anyone can pull this off it's Eli Roth.

Plus I love me some Famke.

"He brought his doom on himself with his treason but I did love him, Davos. I know that now. I swear, I will go to my grave thinking of my brother’s peach.”
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check out the first couple episodes to see how it is. That's basically what I did for House of Cards and ended up loving it. I think this ends up being something like Teen Wolf or The Gates (Which both suck). I'll still gonna give it a shot though.

However, I don't have much faith in Eli Roth. Roth hasn't done anything I even remotely like. Except for when he played the "Bear Jew" in Inglourious Basterds.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PantherDE90 wrote:
I check out the first couple episodes to see how it is. That's basically what I did for House of Cards and ended up loving it. I think this ends up being something like Teen Wolf or The Gates (Which both suck). I'll still gonna give it a shot though.

However, I don't have much faith in Eli Roth. Roth hasn't done anything I even remotely like. Except for when he played the "Bear Jew" in Inglourious Basterds.

Probably true, but the man does have a taste for horror. This has potential at least.

RamRod

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched a video of the werewolf transforming on youtube from this show. It was really weird and over the top with the gore only for it to turn into a regular wolf.

Here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNieysjSZW4
bookend57

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamRod wrote:
Watched a video of the werewolf transforming on youtube from this show. It was really weird and over the top with the gore only for it to turn into a regular wolf.

Here it is

the transformation was cool, the end was disappointing.

^gopherwrestler^
Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bookend57 wrote:
RamRod wrote:

Here it is

the transformation was cool, the end was disappointing.

Yeah I was kinda surprised by that Laughing

devils1854

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to watch Hous of Cards first. I'll get to it eventually. The new show from Jenji Kohan(Orange is the new black) sounds the best to me.

#JDI
seminoles1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That transformation was way too over the top, but it still looks like an interesting show.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
devils1854

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=103080

New Trailer.

Looks like I will be doing a marathon of this on Friday/Saturday if I dont have to work. It looks awesome. I just hope it doesnt turn into a hokey vampires vs werewolves show that weve all seen before.

#JDI
Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooof, I did not like the first episode at all. I see a couple pretty good concepts in play, but the acting (outside of Famke Janssen) is just sooo flat. I find it hard to take seriously.

devils1854

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot about this. Just finished the first episode. Some nice concepts. Loved the 1st person pov on the chase scene. Famke Janssen's accent is beyond awful though.

On to episode 2

#JDI
devils1854

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap, that transformation was awesome as hell. I will agree that some of the auxiliary characters cant act to save their lives(especially the twins), but I really like the story line, and it looks like we have another Skarsgard that is a pretty good actor like the rest of his family.

#JDI
devils1854

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode 5 is where it starts to roll big time Smile

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: