Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st post, and 1st attempt at a mock draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How did I do?
Great. He knows his stuff
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Good. He got the gist of it, but there is room for improvement.
57%
 57%  [ 11 ]
BAD/Terrible. Totally off, doesn't know what he's doing at all
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 19

alexdelarge3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: 1st post, and 1st attempt at a mock draft Reply with quote

1.1.Houston- Reggie Bush RB
Duh

1.2.New Orleans- Matt Leinart QB
I think the best player to come out of this draft when all said and done is Matt Leinart. He has the competitiveness that you need to win in this league. He doesn't accept losing, and will go to a team who needs a Franchise QB, badly. (I wish they gave Adrian McPherson a chance, but it doesn't look like it will happen. Hopefully us McPherson fans will get to see Adrian play in the NFL someday, if not for the Saints)

1.3.Tennessee- Vince Young QB
Best pure athlete besides Bush, Tennessee begins a new era, the Young era. He doesn't have too bad of a team either, good weapons surrounding him. Immediate success is NOT to be expected, but down the line he may be a perennial pro bowler.

1.4.New York Jets- D'Brickashaw Ferguson
You can't pass on this guy, you just can't. I honestly believe Pennington is NOT done, and is still a great QB. No need to replace him. Getting injured after taking your team to the Divisional Playoffs where they should have won, I think he deserves the starting job.

1.5.Green Bay-AJ Hawk LB
Best defensive player in the draft, or so I think. Undisputed number 1 LB in the draft, goes to a team seeking OLB help.

1.6.Oakland-Mario Williams DE
Burgess and Williams will make a great pass rushing tandem. Williams is a great athlete who should thrive in their Defense.

1.7.San Francisco-Michael Huff CB/S
A small reach. San Fran needs to bring in Huff because he has been part of a winning team ever since he got to Texas. Huff will bring in a winning attitude to that Defense. The secondary needs help, with Plummer gone and Tony Parrish coming off an injury. Plus Nolan loves athletic safeties who can cover tons of ground(Ed Reed)

1.8.Buffalo Bills-Haloti Ngata DT
Ngata at 8 is a slam dunk. He is the run stuffer teams so highly covet nowadays. Should be a pro bowler for years to come.

1.9.Detroit-Tamba Hali DE/OLB
A reach, but Hali is an "impact player". That D line needs help. Hali provides it.

1.10.Arizona- Lendale White RB
Kurt Warner needs some sort of running game if he's going to succeed. LenDale may be the best back out of the draft when we look back 10 years from now.

1.11.St. Louis-Jimmy Williams CB
He brings in a bad attitude, but also a boatload of talent. Their most glaring needs are at OLB and the secondary, and with a deep OLB class I trust they can get someone like Thomas Howard in the 2nd or Terna Nande in the 3rd.

1.12.Cleveland-Chad Greenway OLB
I like him almost as much as Hawk. He is a better athlete than Hawk, and will fit well in the 3-4. Crennel will be happy to have him.

1.13.Baltimore-Winston Justice OT
BPA. Ogden isn't getting any younger. Justice can play either LT or RT. I think he's as good as D'Brick, and may end up better. With LenDale gone, they could go DeAngelo, but I don't think so.

1.14.Philadelphia-Mathias Kiwanuka DE
I don't get it. A bad week at the Senior Bowl and now this guy is like chopped liver. He OWNED at Boston College, and is a VERY good player. The Eagles will be happy to have him

1.15.Atlanta-Antonio Cromartie CB
I know I'm saying this alot, but when all is said and done, he will be the best CB to come out of this draft. Maybe a reach but if he runs a good 40 and has a good overall combine, his stock will rise. Atlanta needs secondary help.

1.16.Miami- Jay Cutler QB
I think Jay Cutler sucks, but this will be the pick. Nothing more to say about an overrated player.

1.17.Minnesota- DeAngelo Williams RB
Slips to 17 where they are glad to get him. Hopefully will bring some life to the running game and free up the passing game, for whoever is playing QB.

1.18.Dallas- Ko Simpson FS
When you come out as a SOPHOMORE, it says something. I think he will fit great in the secondary and will be a great player for the Cowboys for years to come.

TRADE
San Diego trades their number 19 overall and their 5th rounder
Carolina trades number 27 overall and their 2nd and 4th rounders

1.19.Carolina-Vernon Davis TE
With 2 teams ahead of them sure to take Davis, Carolina jumps up to nab their man. Davis is the best TE in the draft. You guys already know how fast he is and how athletic. This gives defenses a reason NOT to double or triple Steve Smith on every play next year.

1.20.Kansas City-Tye Hill CB
This guy will be higher on many draft boards than people would expect. I think Herm will fall in love with the guy and take a chance on him.

1.21.New England-Bobby Carpenter OLB
Watching this guy at OSU, I always thought how good he would look in a Pats uni. He's the type of linebacker they love. Tough as nails, will make every tackle. McGinest isn't getting any younger.

1.22.Denver-Santonio Holmes WR
They lack a playmaker at WR. Rod Smith has clearly lost his step. They need someone who can come in an provide a deep threat. He is a great route runner and is the #1 WR on everyone's boards after a great career at OSU.

1.23.Tampa Bay- Marcus McNeill OT
If Simms is really going to be the QB, the best thing to do is get some blockers for him. This guy's size is insane, and it makes it an even better pick for a struggling O-Line.

1.24.Cincinnati-Brodrick Bunkley DT
Benagls are gonna draft defense, and Bunkley is a good start. He will provide an athletic presence on ther D-Line.

1.25.New York Giants-DeMeco Ryans OLB
I don't really like this guy, but he will fit well in New York. Maybe.

1.26.Chicago- Leonard Pope TE
Grossman needs all the targets he can get. And, for a TE his size is rediculous. Would be productive in the run game too because he can block.

1.27.San Diego-Jonathon Scott OT
San Diego is high on him. They need a tackle, and Scott is a good prospect. I'm not as high on him as some others are. San Diego trades down and gets another second rounder out of it.

1.28.Jacksonville-Mercedes Lewis TE
There's alot of ways they can go with this. I personally don't like this pick, and I don't think Jags fans will either.If the board fell like this and the top 3 CB's are taken, then they may trade down to someone who wants Chad Jackson, but until I actually make a 2nd round this is the pick.

1.29.Denver-Manny Lawson DE/OLB
I think he is the BPA at this point. Denver adds a playmaker to the Defense. There's no shutdown corners left, which is what they need.

1.30.Indianapolis-Laurence Maroney RB
Edge will be gone, but Maroney should be a capable starter. I think he is at great value here. With Maroney still on board, I don't see how you could pass on him if you are the Colts.

1.31.Seattle- Ernie Sims OLB
Seattle gets an amazing player in Sims. Is Mike Mayocks's #6 prospect overall, whatever that means. I think he is a good pikc here at 31 and for the Seahawks.

1.32.Pittsburgh-Martin Nance WR
Don't sleep on Martin. He is faster than people think, and will hopefully prove that at the combine(4.40 range). When you've just won the Super Bowl, you can afford to reach on a player who fills a hole left by Plaxico Burress and already has great chemistry with Ben.(Martin was his go-to receiver at Miami of Ohio, caught 90 balls for 1498 yards and 11 TD's in Ben's final season, ya they have a pretty good connection)

Alright, that was fun but took a while. Please let me know how I did. Criticism is needed to improve. Thanks for reading.
cew28315039

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good ram pick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great job for a first time mock
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

props man, way to start out

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also wanted to add that I just found out Oakland lost the coin toss and now has the 7th pick. So pleae try to ignore the fact I have the order wrong which most likely makes the picks wrong. Thank you.
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the Titans piick...he would be the future of the Titans

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing Chargers mock trade down and still get Scott would be great
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lions dont need a whole lot of improvement on their D line, but an upgrade at end would be nice. I think the pick should be jimmy williams. He would play FS for us and be insurance if bryant went down at CB again.
Patsfan01

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to argue about the Patriots pick. Nice Job.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
The lions dont need a whole lot of improvement on their D line, but an upgrade at end would be nice. I think the pick should be jimmy williams. He would play FS for us and be insurance if bryant went down at CB again.

thanks for the input. I wanted to see what Lions fans thought of the pick. I just didn't see why they would want him at corner but FS makes sense. I'll take that into consideration for the future but for now I like Hali.
alexdelarge3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k well I need some more feedback
shadow walker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i doubt ko gets drafted in the top 20

one of the great ones on this site
RAIDER4LIFE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Mario to the Raiders but like u said the draft order is wrong ... At the seven spot we still could get Mario but if not i wold liike either Huff or Ngata because we basically need almost one of everything on Defense ... nice job tho
trojans9786

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't think that trade between the Chargers and Panthers is very realistic, I think the Panthers give up way too much, just my own opinion.
Kiper Jr. Jr.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:

second that

Many Thanks to miafins23, for graciously letting me use this sweet sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: