Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Avatar: Legend of Korra Season 3 Trailer Released!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandwiche

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Avatar: Legend of Korra Season 3 Trailer Released!!!! Reply with quote

Well the first trailer is out at last and I have to say that I am beyond excited. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54srZLuYfb0

I love the little tweaks to the animation style, it looks more mature and lean. The action looks great, and from what I've heard of the story line, we could be in for a real treat there as well.

I happen to know there are several big Avatar fans on this site and hopefully we can get some good discussion going. Where do you guys think they'll take the new themes?

takeonme on the sig

Last edited by Sandwiche on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
rob_shadows

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmph, I thought you were talking about the sequel to James Cameron's Avatar not the cartoon, lol. I was shocked for a second there because last I heard it isn't suppose to come out til either 2013 or 2014. Got excited there for a minute but I have no interest in this, I'm surprised they are even making something like this with the disappointment of the live action flick in revenue, it brought it a decent amount (300 million or something like that) but given the pricetag to make it (over 150 million) it was disappointing...not to mention a flat out bad movie.
Sandwiche

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rob_shadows wrote:
Hmph, I thought you were talking about the sequel to James Cameron's Avatar not the cartoon, lol. I was shocked for a second there because last I heard it isn't suppose to come out til either 2013 or 2014. Got excited there for a minute but I have no interest in this, I'm surprised they are even making something like this with the disappointment of the live action flick in revenue, it brought it a decent amount (300 million or something like that) but given the pricetag to make it (over 150 million) it was disappointing...not to mention a flat out bad movie.

Did you watch the show that abominable movie is based on? The show is easily the best anime show out there in my opinion. It is perfect for all ages and has many powerful, and deep characters.

takeonme on the sig
Chiefer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, would watch the original show with the little bros and will probably do the same with this one.
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're making a new one? Eff yes! Love Avatar, show is awesome.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Buzzman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got so much crap from my family for watching Avatar. All they say was that it was a cartoon and someone my age shouldn't be watching that crap. How wrong they were.
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzzman wrote:
I got so much crap from my family for watching Avatar. All they say was that it was a cartoon and someone my age shouldn't be watching that crap. How wrong they were.

It's more than a cartoon (lol). I watched the whole series about 6 months ago (I'm 21) and it was pure brilliance from start to finish, and I'm not even a fan of anime (or cartoons for that matter). The character development is some of the best I've seen in any storytelling.

Definitely excited for this, but I'm not going to hold my breath expecting it to be as great as it's predecessor because that's a really tall order.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoked for this. I loved the original series through each season, and I cannot wait to check this out.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome.

I think it's a testament to how good this cartoon is that a bunch of macho football fans are giddy about it. Laughing

Seriously though....awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the original Last Airbender religiously for the first season, then kinda gradually fell off before the show ended. What happened to Aang? Who is this new chick? Anyone mind filling me in?

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Sandwiche

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
I watched the original Last Airbender religiously for the first season, then kinda gradually fell off before the show ended. What happened to Aang? Who is this new chick? Anyone mind filling me in?

Well the original story arch is exactly what they tell you before every episode. Aang preparing and then facing the Fire Lord. This is a brand new arch because they really would have had to pull some bs story out their butts to keep working with the same characters. While a lot of shows would have jumped on the opportunity, the creators of Avatar did something almost unprecedented and said no. So when they were asked to make a new story line for Avatar, they decided to make it years in the future with a brand new Avatar. From what I've read, Korra, the new Avatar, is matched up against an antibending sect that is made up of people who have mastered Ty Lee's chi blocking techniques.

takeonme on the sig
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, didn't realize it was a whole new Avatar, that makes me sad... Didn't have time to watch the trailer last night...

The final battle between Aang and Fire Lord Ozai combined with Zoku and Katara against Azula was just effing awesome. One of the best finales for a show EVER, IMO. The way they portrayed Azula was incredible, chick was losing her mind and lets be honest, Aang is the avatar state is teh sehx. Laughing

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Sandwiche

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Ahhh, didn't realize it was a whole new Avatar, that makes me sad... Didn't have time to watch the trailer last night...

The final battle between Aang and Fire Lord Ozai combined with Zoku and Katara against Azula was just effing awesome. One of the best finales for a show EVER, IMO. The way they portrayed Azula was incredible, chick was losing her mind and lets be honest, Aang is the avatar state is teh sehx. Laughing

I thought the way they did the Zuko Azula showdown was brilliant. The slow and somber music was perfect.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHPOnWczkXc

takeonme on the sig
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandwiche wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:

I thought the way they did the Zuko Azula showdown was brilliant. The slow and somber music was perfect.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHPOnWczkXc

Yep, that battle was awesome because Zuko knew he had her, she finally cracked.

The show is really underrated as a comedy, too. Especially Toph and Soka, they are hilarious. I hope the new show doesn't get away fro that.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Chiefer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:

The show is really underrated as a comedy, too. Especially Toph and Soka, they are hilarious. I hope the new show doesn't get away fro that.

They have to bring back the cabbage man in some shape or form. Laughing

Speaking of Toph, I heard her daughter is a metal bending police chief Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 1 of 40

Jump to: