Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Apple Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: The Apple Thread Reply with quote

I always get PMs from people asking about suggestions on help buying a Mac, help with an iPod, or general questions about iPhones. A lot of times, I find myself answering the same questions over and over again, so I figured it might just be much easier to have one place, much like with the Android thread, where we can discuss these questions, there can be a log of every tutorial, or what have you, to make it easier for everyone to get the information.

Try to keep the hatred of Apple to a minimum. Wink I donít want the central idea of the thread to be derailed too far. Healthy discussion is fine, I'd rather stay away from the seething hatred that some people have.

** So I guess I'll start off by asking what products people have from Apple, how do you like them?

And if you have any questions, ask away.

Iíll try to keep the OP updated with quick links to important materials, any step by step posts that are written up, and anything else that may be important.

FAQ:

iPod/iPhone/iPad

I need to get my music off of my iPod/iPhone/iPad and onto my computer
- Mac users, use DeTune
- PC users, use SharePod

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley

Last edited by iPwn on Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
samgurl775

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a macbook pro, iMac, iPad and iPhone 4. I know I have an iPod somewhere but I haven't used it in a long time. I <3 all of them.

Although, I've been having some issues with my iMac lately. It freezes up randomly (without warning) and I have to restart it, and sometimes a grey film covers the screen and tells me I need to restart. Really annoying Confused

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
iPwn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
I have a macbook pro, iMac, iPad and iPhone 4. I know I have an iPod somewhere but I haven't used it in a long time. I <3 all of them.

Although, I've been having some issues with my iMac lately. It freezes up randomly (without warning) and I have to restart it, and sometimes a grey film covers the screen and tells me I need to restart. Really annoying Confused

This one sounds like it's a kernel panic that usually only happens when you have something running that isn't entirely compatible with the computer. Does it happen when you have a specific program open, or when you're doing something specific with the computer? Both of the issues could possibly be related to this issue.

- Best since day one -
UpTheSeam85

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the iOS 5 for peolpe that have it? I plan on putting it on my iPhone 4 tonight.
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UpTheSeam85 wrote:
How is the iOS 5 for peolpe that have it? I plan on putting it on my iPhone 4 tonight.
Pretty smooth on my iPod touch. Notification Center is a big improvement. WiFi Syncing is pretty great too.
iPwn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UpTheSeam85 wrote:

I love it. Notification Center is amazing, iMessages is wonderful, Find My iPhone (really should be called something like Find My Apple Device) is great, and iCloud is changing my life. And everything else is great as well. Well worth the time to update.

I plan on doing a write up on iCloud at some point. I know there's stuff out there somewhat like it; dropbox being the main one, but this just takes the ease of use to a-whole-nother level. Being able to do something on my iMac, and have it instantly on my iPhone and MacBook Pro and vice-versa is awesome.

- Best since day one -
samgurl775

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:

This one sounds like it's a kernel panic that usually only happens when you have something running that isn't entirely compatible with the computer. Does it happen when you have a specific program open, or when you're doing something specific with the computer? Both of the issues could possibly be related to this issue.

It's happened about 5 or 6 times, but when it happened today, I had iTunes, Microsoft Word, and Firefox open.

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPad and I love it.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own an iPod touch 4. 32 gigs. I love it. Never owned anything apple before this.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
iPwn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:

It's happened about 5 or 6 times, but when it happened today, I had iTunes, Microsoft Word, and Firefox open.

Which version of Office are you running? And are you on Lion or Snow Leopard?

- Best since day one -
samgurl775

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

Pretty sure I'm running Office 09. And as for Lion or Snow leapoard...neither I guess. I never bought/changed anything from when I originally got the computer (I got it in the summer of 2009).

Troy Brown wrote:
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had an iPod Touch and iPhone 4, loved both of them. Currently have an iMac and will be getting an iPhone 4S on Wednesday.

I love my Mac and will never go back to PC again. Can't wait to get the 4S and test out Siri.

^^^mack
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the ios5 update. For some reason, i couldn't get email notifications on my ipod before it. Now it does, and the camera-without-locking bit is a good improvement too

Last edited by TytybearsFan21 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
iPwn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Pretty sure I'm running Office 09. And as for Lion or Snow leapoard...neither I guess. I never bought/changed anything from when I originally got the computer (I got it in the summer of 2009).

Then you're on Snow Leopard (That's your operating system).

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3742

That should help you diagnose what's going on and give you a solution to the problem.

- Best since day one -
samgurl775

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Then you're on Snow Leopard (That's your operating system).

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3742

That should help you diagnose what's going on and give you a solution to the problem.

Alright thanks iPwn Smile

Troy Brown wrote:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: