Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

South American Football talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nightmare

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I've been wondering recently. It's well-known that teams such as LDU and The Strongest have a big advantage playing at home because of the altitude issues, but in reverse, are these teams negatively affected when travelling to somewhere at sea level? Are there any problems with a higher quality of air, or is the advantage of altitude a one-way street?
Patro14

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare wrote:
Something I've been wondering recently. It's well-known that teams such as LDU and The Strongest have a big advantage playing at home because of the altitude issues, but in reverse, are these teams negatively affected when travelling to somewhere at sea level? Are there any problems with a higher quality of air, or is the advantage of altitude a one-way street?
From what I know and past experiences, teams that play at a high altitude constantly and then go to sea level city for a match, won't see any negative effects. Actually they could see themselves benefited because their resistance is much better and will get tired later than they usually do when they play at home.

I remember when I moved from Mexico to Argentina. For the first couple of weeks I thought I flew over the football field, then my body regularized got rid of the unnecessary red globules (or something along those lines) and played at the same rhythm my mates did.
Nightmare

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing even to do with the movement of the ball, perhaps? I noticed last night watching The Strongest v Internacional that the Bolivians would shoot from distance a LOT, and seemed to have some really powerful, accurate shots. Maybe that's just something this team in particular are good at, I dunno.

Atletico Nacional v Godoy Cruz setting itself up to be a great game again. Well, great in the sense that neither team seems to be able to defend to save their lives. 4-4 in the fixture in Argentina, and 20 minutes in and we're already 1-1 here after some terrible defending by Godoy, then a free kick that the keeper really should have saved to equalise.
Nightmare

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2-2 right now with both teams still looking like they've forgotten what defending is, and the referee seems pretty incapable of doing anything right; couldn't even deal with a drop ball situation the right way. Very entertaining, though.
Patro14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare wrote:
Nothing even to do with the movement of the ball, perhaps? I noticed last night watching The Strongest v Internacional that the Bolivians would shoot from distance a LOT, and seemed to have some really powerful, accurate shots. Maybe that's just something this team in particular are good at, I dunno.

Atletico Nacional v Godoy Cruz setting itself up to be a great game again. Well, great in the sense that neither team seems to be able to defend to save their lives. 4-4 in the fixture in Argentina, and 20 minutes in and we're already 1-1 here after some terrible defending by Godoy, then a free kick that the keeper really should have saved to equalise.
I thought you were referring to the physical aspect of the game. But yeah, the ball's movement seems to be faster and a bit more powerful when playing at a high altitude. It's not a big disadvantage when they play at sea level stadiums though.

Lost the game last night, got home a bit late and without any energy to turn on the tv. Ended up 2-2, looked like a good one.
Nightmare

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I was talking about from a physical standpoint initially, but was just wondering about the ball movement in addition to that.

La U playing Penarol tonight, really tired but I think I'll stay up for it.

1-0 after 3 mins. Cool
ElReyDeLosReyes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ganso needs to improve!!!!

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
Nightmare

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flamengo out, unlucky crybaby Ronaldinho. Laughing

Best thing about it is Olimpia hold the head-to-head over them, and they were 3-0 up against Olimpia with about 20 minutes left.
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to beat Velez!

Oregon RB Tracker
Marshall: 219 rush yds(8.8 ), 340 rec yds(11.7), 3 TDs
Tyner: 279 rush yds(4.4), 52 rec yds(6.5), 2 TDs
Freeman: 467 rush yds(5.5), 33 rec yds(11.0), 7 TDs
Nightmare

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ending in Group 2. Wow!

Flamengo winning 3-0, if Olimpia-Emelec finishes a draw, they're through. 1-1 87 minutes in, and Emelec score to make it 2-1 and Flamengo are going out. Then Olimpia equalise 1 minute later, Flamengo are going through again. Emelec kick off, run up and get a corner, and take the lead again. Finished 3-2. Cool

Flamengo went from being through, to out, to through, to out, in the space of 3 minutes. Laughing
Patro14

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare wrote:
The ending in Group 2. Wow!

Flamengo winning 3-0, if Olimpia-Emelec finishes a draw, they're through. 1-1 87 minutes in, and Emelec score to make it 2-1 and Flamengo are going out. Then Olimpia equalise 1 minute later, Flamengo are going through again. Emelec kick off, run up and get a corner, and take the lead again. Finished 3-2. Cool

Flamengo went from being through, to out, to through, to out, in the space of 3 minutes. Laughing
Yeah man, the TV over here was half the Olimpia - Emelec game and the other half was about Flamengo fans in Brazil.

The change of expressions of their faces in a minute was hilarious.
Nightmare

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikSn8LcVYTk&feature=player_embedded

Ahahaha.
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pabon is so damned good. I can't believe he's not in Europe yet.

Oregon RB Tracker
Marshall: 219 rush yds(8.8 ), 340 rec yds(11.7), 3 TDs
Tyner: 279 rush yds(4.4), 52 rec yds(6.5), 2 TDs
Freeman: 467 rush yds(5.5), 33 rec yds(11.0), 7 TDs
Nightmare

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Universidad de Chile. What a team. A joy to watch.
Patro14

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare wrote:
Universidad de Chile. What a team. A joy to watch.
Call me crazy, I'd say they are a top 5 team in the world.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: