Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Blahzilla's FM2012 Challenge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
VikingsFan51


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 14373
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
VikingsFan51 wrote:
kempus wrote:
What team do you actually support Vikingsfan?


Arsenal. I pop into that thread every so often, but usually I just read up on what people are saying.

I also support the LA Galaxy too, though. Very excited about winning the prestigious MLS Cup. Wink


Good Lord, we dont need more.


blah, blah, blah, Tottenham fan.
_________________

^SiLo^
EliteTexan80 wrote:
You are the aweosmenst VIKINGS FAN!

YEAAAAH!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17295
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikingsFan51 wrote:
kempus wrote:
VikingsFan51 wrote:
kempus wrote:
What team do you actually support Vikingsfan?


Arsenal. I pop into that thread every so often, but usually I just read up on what people are saying.

I also support the LA Galaxy too, though. Very excited about winning the prestigious MLS Cup. Wink


Good Lord, we dont need more.


blah, blah, blah, Tottenham fan.


As the only Spurs fan in a sea of Gooners I need to make myself extra loud Wink
_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VikingsFan51


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 14373
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
VikingsFan51 wrote:
kempus wrote:
VikingsFan51 wrote:
kempus wrote:
What team do you actually support Vikingsfan?


Arsenal. I pop into that thread every so often, but usually I just read up on what people are saying.

I also support the LA Galaxy too, though. Very excited about winning the prestigious MLS Cup. Wink


Good Lord, we dont need more.


blah, blah, blah, Tottenham fan.


As the only Spurs fan in a sea of Gooners I need to make myself extra loud Wink


This much is true. I actually like many of the players on Tottenham, but sadly the same cannot be said for the club itself. Wink
_________________

^SiLo^
EliteTexan80 wrote:
You are the aweosmenst VIKINGS FAN!

YEAAAAH!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ElReyDeLosReyes


Joined: 14 Feb 2009
Posts: 9598
Location: University of Michigan
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
ElReyDeLosReyes wrote:
I love how England laughs you off while Italy is flattered. Laughing

You also took a starting national job that was two more in ranking based on current FIFA rankings, Costa Rica - 62, Tunisia - 60, I found this a tad funny. What a rags to riches dream move. Tunisia to Italy in a day. Laughing

Edit: I'm expecting to see Mario Balotelli as your captain as your next move as Italy's manager.


Tunisia were actually ranked 25th or something when I took over, Italy were at 14th I think, so not that much of a jump. I have some pretty good player though. Just had the draw for the WC groups, I got:

Argentina
Japan
Mexico

Pretty solid group as Argentina are ranked 1st in the World, Mexico are 14th and Japan are 40 something.


Ah, I see. Pretty interesting that Tunisia was somehow able to move to 25th-ish. Always, good how the game itself moves up international teams. Argentina move up high on FM2010, as well as long as you play it enough.
_________________

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VikingsFan51


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 14373
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElReyDeLosReyes wrote:
VikingsFan51 wrote:
Well, you guys won't believe it, but it's 2016.

Also, I got offered national jobs for Spain, Italy, and France. I took France.

Interesting, why not Spain?


I would have taken Spain, but for several reasons:

1. France offered me the job first, before either Italy or Spain responded to my interest, so there was no guarantee that I'd get another job if I declined France.

2. Once I took the job, I didn't want to bail 3 days after I originally took the job.

3. I'm much more familiar with good, young French players. Strikers such as Mbaye Niang, Hervin Ogenda, Yaya Sanogo, and Lenny Nangis are all young with high potenial and are solid players as well. Paul Pogba is an emerging midfielder along with the winger Griezmann. And on defense Atila Turan and Sebastian Corchia are young guys as well. Basically I know of France's good young players, whereas I'm not as familiar with similar Spanish players. (Case in point, I'm playing only one Spaniard on my Celta squad, Gerard Deulofeu.)

4. I also just like France. I always root for them when they play (except vs. the US or Holland) internationally. Plus, they haven't won the World Cup in forever, so I thought they were the perfect fit.
_________________

^SiLo^
EliteTexan80 wrote:
You are the aweosmenst VIKINGS FAN!

YEAAAAH!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ElReyDeLosReyes


Joined: 14 Feb 2009
Posts: 9598
Location: University of Michigan
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikingsFan51 wrote:
ElReyDeLosReyes wrote:
VikingsFan51 wrote:
Well, you guys won't believe it, but it's 2016.

Also, I got offered national jobs for Spain, Italy, and France. I took France.

Interesting, why not Spain?


I would have taken Spain, but for several reasons:

1. France offered me the job first, before either Italy or Spain responded to my interest, so there was no guarantee that I'd get another job if I declined France.

2. Once I took the job, I didn't want to bail 3 days after I originally took the job.

3. I'm much more familiar with good, young French players. Strikers such as Mbaye Niang, Hervin Ogenda, Yaya Sanogo, and Lenny Nangis are all young with high potenial and are solid players as well. Paul Pogba is an emerging midfielder along with the winger Griezmann. And on defense Atila Turan and Sebastian Corchia are young guys as well. Basically I know of France's good young players, whereas I'm not as familiar with similar Spanish players. (Case in point, I'm playing only one Spaniard on my Celta squad, Gerard Deulofeu.)

4. I also just like France. I always root for them when they play (except vs. the US or Holland) internationally. Plus, they haven't won the World Cup in forever, so I thought they were the perfect fit.

Ah, I see. That's all cool.

M'Baye Niang is a really interesting youth player. 16 and already playing in the U-21 France squad. Laughing
_________________

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17295
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I'm at the World Cup and I'm going to go a bit crazy with he old screenshots.

Firstly, this is what my team and squad looks like. Rossi was meant to be my starting striker, but he got injured in the friendlies before the World Cup (Surprise, surprise) so I had to drop him.





I was drawn is probably the toughest group alongside Argentina, Mexico and Japan. First gme of the tournament was againt Mexico and its fair to say we savaged them. Macheda and Balotelli put them to the sword to say the least Very Happy



_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17295
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextgame of te tournament was the big crunch match against Argentina. their team is obscenely stacked and we were clinging on for most of the match. We did manage to come away with a 0-0 draw though which was crucal given that we had to play Japan in the final fixture





Going into the final game of the group I knew that we only needed a draw to progress, but we went into the game guns blazzing anyway. We only won 1-0 but that doesnt tell half the story. We absolutely battered them and if their keeper hadnt had a 9.6 rating game we would have won by 5 or 6 easily.



_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17295
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the biggest shock of the group was Mexico managing to beat Argentina 2-1 in the final fixture to put the Argies out of the competition. This is what the group table looked like at the end. Very happyy that we managed to finish first in what was probably he group of death.




This is what the draw for the first round of Knockout games looks like:






Really tough draw for me against the 6th ranked team in the word, Portugal. Some other standout ties include;

England v Wales
Brazil v France
_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17295
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just managed to beat portugal in what turned out to be a far easier match than I was expecting. After scoring in the second minute we didnt look like loosing at all.






So, I am now in the Quarters and I have to play the 2nd ranked Spain. The draw certainly isnt making it easy for me Laughing Some of the other big reslts include Wales beating England 1-0 in extra time, and France beating Brazil on penalties. Should have hired me, England Wink



_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29451
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, FM randomness.

Who are the top players for Wales?
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17295
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely amazing Semi-Final game against Spain. We were pretty much cruising at 2-0 until Bocchetti got sent off in the 63rd minute. After that it was pretty much a seige for the rest of the game with Llorente having a goal dissalowed in the 87th minute and Spain being denied a penalty in the 78th minute. Ranocchia had an amazing game at the back for me and we managed to squeak through to the Semi Finals.





This is what the Semi Final draw looks like. Another really tough all European tie aginst 11th ranked Holland who are the highest ranked team left other than me. I think its fair to say I was put on the tough side of the draw and I expect to win if I get through this semi Final. Wales losing in a penalty shoot out was the other big result of the Quarter Finals.



_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award


Last edited by kempus on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17295
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Lol, FM randomness.

Who are the top players for Wales?


The star players for Wales are Hennessey, Ramsey, Tandy and Eardley Laughing
_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29451
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Lol, FM randomness.

Who are the top players for Wales?


The star players for Wales are Hennessey, Ramsey, Tandy and Eardley Laughing
Bale?
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17295
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
kempus wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Lol, FM randomness.

Who are the top players for Wales?


The star players for Wales are Hennessey, Ramsey, Tandy and Eardley Laughing
Bale?


He is their top player, but isnt considered a star player for some reason.
_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group