Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Blahzilla's FM2012 Challenge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17295
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty amazing Semi Final all around to be honest. After seeing off Spain I expected an easier fixture against Holand, but that wasnt to be. We had a really good showing in the first half and deservedly went in with the lead. However, we came out extremely flat in the second half and they capitalised. It was pretty back and forth with no major chances for either team until the penalty shoot out. This was absolutely insane. It took 10 penalties to decide it with Holland chocking two opportunities to win it.





The final will be played against the 19th ranked Swizerland. After seeing off Argentina, Spain, Portugal and Holland in previous rounds its fair to say I'm pretty confident about winning the World Cup now Very Happy



_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17295
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The final certianly didnt start how I would have liked with Palmisano being sent off for 2 bookable offenses in the 19th minute. This meant we had to play for over 70 minutes with 10 men. The only strike of the game came after a lovely ball from Balotelli to Crisetig in the 41st minute. Other than that there wasnt that much drama and we were able to see the game out pretty easily.






World Champion Cool Its also good to see Ranieri sacked Laughing




_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29065
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Italy were often prevented from playing as they wanted to due to the number of fouls committed by their enthusiastic opponents"

Lol
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17295
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
"Italy were often prevented from playing as they wanted to due to the number of fouls committed by their enthusiastic opponents"

Lol


Pretty much describes the 2010 World Cup final Laughing
_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29065
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
"Italy were often prevented from playing as they wanted to due to the number of fouls committed by their enthusiastic opponents"

Lol


Pretty much describes the 2010 World Cup final Laughing


I like the "enthusiastic" part best. Laughing
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ElReyDeLosReyes


Joined: 14 Feb 2009
Posts: 9483
Location: University of Michigan
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus is killing the competition here. Laughing All, that's left is league title and champions league, right?

This was 2018 WC and Llorente was playing? Spain's main striker at 33 years old. Laughing Can I ask who was were the other important players on that squad.

Also, cool to see Chile make it so far.
_________________

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blahman88


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 24355
Location: Eagles Forum HOF
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempus re-played games he lost............he told me on facebook Wink
_________________
IrishGreen wrote:
i love the eagles fans on here
i wish we could merge with them and make a mega fanbase

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yankee0724


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 19270
Location: RIP Tito
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elrey that's because he's like the only one still doing this apparently lol
_________________
UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17295
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElReyDeLosReyes wrote:
kempus is killing the competition here. Laughing All, that's left is league title and champions league, right?

This was 2018 WC and Llorente was playing? Spain's main striker at 33 years old. Laughing Can I ask who was were the other important players on that squad.

Also, cool to see Chile make it so far.


The top players are Fabregas, Mata, Llorente, Pique and De Gea.

Thiago won player of the tournament as well.

So far I have won the Italian Cup, Italian Super Cup and World Cup. I'm looking for a move to Germany or France next. I already turned down jobs from Spurs, Liverpool, Sevilla and Valencia.
_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17295
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update. Italy are now ranked 1st in the world and are on a pretty good winning run. We are into the European Championship qualifying and I literally have the easiest group imaginable Laughing





I have also decided to go back into club football as well, and decided to go with Dortmund. It will be very nice to win a German Championship and going up against Jose Mourinho's Bayern Munich will be a good challenge.



_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17295
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current squad is predicted to finish 3rd and with that transfer budget I can hopefully bring in a few additions in January. Here is what the current squad looks like, I cant do a team report yet because I dont have an assistant manager at the moment:



This is the league situation, we are also in the Group phase of the Champions League and sit 1 point off qualification for the next round with 2 games to go.


_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17295
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I just finished my first season with Dortmund. Considering the positon they were in when I took over I would say it was an adequate finish. I was only 2 points off the Champions League in the grand scheme of things which is a blow. I had to make some serious changes to the team which undoubtedly affected the late season form. I have shipped out a lot of players so will be looking to make moves in the Summer. We got knocked out in the First knockout phase of the Champions League, but we were able to win the German cup by beating Bayern which was a bonus and we got into the Europa League as a result.




_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ElReyDeLosReyes


Joined: 14 Feb 2009
Posts: 9483
Location: University of Michigan
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
going up against Jose Mourinho's Bayern Munich will be a good challenge.


http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2011/09/23/2678582/real-madrids-jose-mourinho-rules-out-coaching-in-germany

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17295
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElReyDeLosReyes wrote:
kempus wrote:
going up against Jose Mourinho's Bayern Munich will be a good challenge.


http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2011/09/23/2678582/real-madrids-jose-mourinho-rules-out-coaching-in-germany

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing


Never say never Wink

He has also won the League title 5 years in a row, not a bad return Razz
_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ElReyDeLosReyes


Joined: 14 Feb 2009
Posts: 9483
Location: University of Michigan
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
ElReyDeLosReyes wrote:
kempus wrote:
going up against Jose Mourinho's Bayern Munich will be a good challenge.


http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2011/09/23/2678582/real-madrids-jose-mourinho-rules-out-coaching-in-germany

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing


Never say never Wink

He has also won the League title 5 years in a row, not a bad return Razz


I dunno which manager has won the league title the most, but he has matched Ottmar Hitzfeld's 5 league titles in a much shorter amount of time. Laughing The Special One!!!

Although, this all ends with Tom Kemp!
_________________

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group