Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Blahzilla's FM2012 Challenge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElReyDeLosReyes wrote:
kempus wrote:
ElReyDeLosReyes wrote:
kempus wrote:
going up against Jose Mourinho's Bayern Munich will be a good challenge.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2011/09/23/2678582/real-madrids-jose-mourinho-rules-out-coaching-in-germany

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Never say never Wink

He has also won the League title 5 years in a row, not a bad return Razz

I dunno which manager has won the league title the most, but he has matched Ottmar Hitzfeld's 5 league titles in a much shorter amount of time. Laughing The Special One!!!

Although, this all ends with Tom Kemp!

Hah yeah Mourinho is going to be shut down. I already beat him in the German Cup final and we abused Bayern 4-0 in the season opening Super Cup. We are on fire so far this season with 10 goals in the first 2 games Cool

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
VikingsFan51

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...you can say it's been an interesting couple of years for me at Celta.

We finished in 2nd in 2016/2017, thanks to a stout defense led by DL Atila Turan, DC Tomas Kalas, DC Daniele Rugani, and DR Dennis Appiah

2016/2017

Then in 2017/2018, we had an absolutely magical year, winning both Liga BBVA as well as having a pretty spectacular run in the Champions League, while losing in the Spanish Cup final to Atletico Madrid.

2017/208

Check out my Champions League results! Absolutely crazy how I got past FC Bayern and Tottenham!

Quarterfinal Leg One -- Bayern München (4) v (0) Celta

Quarterfinal Leg Two -- Celta (4) v (0) Bayern München

And then we win 4-2 on penalties!

Not done being the comeback kings, Celta accomplish a similar feat in the Semis vs. Tottenham Hotspur!

Semifinal Leg One -- Tottenham (5) v (2) Celta

Semifinal Leg Two -- Celta (3) v (0) Tottenham

And, on to the final vs. Arsenal!

Final -- Celta (5) v. (1) Arsenal

What a win for Celta! To be honest, it wasn't much of a game. 4-0 at half time, then 4-1, then 5-1 to close it out. Arsenal had a couple of chances, but by and large we dominated this game and deserved the win.

International update next.

^SiLo^
EliteTexan80 wrote:
You are the aweosmenst VIKINGS FAN!

YEAAAAH!
VikingsFan51

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's France's 2018 World Cup journey!

To be honest, my group was total trash -- Ireland, Mali (who are actually highly ranked in my save), and Iran.

Group Stage -- F

After winning our group (barely), we got rewarded with the #4 team in the world, Argentina.

Round of 16 -- France (2) v (0) Argentina

Round of 8 -- France (4) v (0) Ghana

Ghana wasn't really that tough of a game. They had a couple of chances but for the most part we controlled possession as well as had all the chances. Ghana is now ranked the world's #6 team though.

Semifinal -- Belgium (1) v (3) France

Belgium was really surprising in this tournament (the #2 surprise IMO), beating Portugal in the quarters. Actually, Belgium is the #5 team post World- Cup

On to the final, where England (world #4) beat Scotland(!) (world #7) in the semis 3-1.

Final -- France (6) v (2) England

In the final, it seems like it was a runaway, but we were actually down 0-1 and 1-2 to England before we asserted ourselves and started putting the ball into the net!

What a year for Tyrone Biggins! Winners of La Liga, the Champions League, and the World Cup. Also, my board is putting £6M into our Youth and Training Facilities as well as £14M into our stadium to put in about 10.5k seats. I'm having a blast...I was able to get young players for cheap, and then manage to keep them long enough for them to get good and eventually become superstars.

I've only made one signing £10M -- a £21M signing at the end of the 2016/2017 season for a 20 year old Brazilian regen with 4.5/4.5 CA/PA. He can play AMR and ST naturally, so he's a perfect fit for my team.

^SiLo^
EliteTexan80 wrote:

YEAAAAH!
yankee0724

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to keep certain people and you aren't a huge club, just make your price for them as high as possible. Nobody will offer for them

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
VikingsFan51

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
If you want to keep certain people and you aren't a huge club, just make your price for them as high as possible. Nobody will offer for them

Yep. The key for me was offering my best players new contracts and raising their buyout clause and then jacking the price up and up and up.

^SiLo^
EliteTexan80 wrote:

YEAAAAH!
dotmotion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belgium and Denmark does really well in International Competetions in FM 11/FM 12 in the 2010-decade. I always see one of those teams at least in the semis of the Euros or World Cup.

I might actually try and get into this again when my exams are over... I'll see. Most likely going to try and get a 2nd division job like you guys. 3rd division especially for teams with fired managers is just a drag.

Woot. Pretty awesome. Got the Southampton job. It was my 10th job application too... I was getting worried.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:
Belgium and Denmark does really well in International Competetions in FM 11/FM 12 in the 2010-decade. I always see one of those teams at least in the semis of the Euros or World Cup.

I might actually try and get into this again when my exams are over... I'll see. Most likely going to try and get a 2nd division job like you guys. 3rd division especially for teams with fired managers is just a drag.

Woot. Pretty awesome. Got the Southampton job. It was my 10th job application too... I was getting worried.

Southampton is way fun. I did a save of that earlier this year. I think you'll really enjoy them.

^SiLo^
EliteTexan80 wrote:

YEAAAAH!
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished my first full season in charge of Dortmund. It was a pretty solid season on the whole. We were knocked out of Europa League by PSV and the German Cup semi's by Bayern. It was extra satisfying to win the league by hammering Bayern though Razz Considering the £100 million worth of players that I sold over the season it was a good all around performance imo.

I have got the European Championships with Italy coming up next.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
yankee0724

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppped

Gonna try this to hopefully keep me interested in a save.

I turned down 3 job offers from the German 3rd Division before I got this one. We're sitting in 17th after 12 games played. My hope is to make the promotion playoffs, but I'll be fine with a mid-table finish this season.

Oh and I forgot to get rid of the database before I started, so every nation in the world is EU. Deal with it Blah.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: