Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

USMNT Thread Part III: WCQ vs. Costa Rica 3/22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
eggybucsfan31


Joined: 27 Feb 2008
Posts: 7359
Location: Westerly RI
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Grant Wahl ‏@GrantWahl
.@PaulTenorio reports US U17 top prospect Junior Flores has signed pro contract with German champion Borussia Dortmund.


Flores will train periodically with Dortmund but will move over in March 2014. Kids got some serious talent, was a force to be reckoned with last year in the Nike International Friendlies.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColumbusCrewzer


Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 8182
Location: VA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flores is from my home state of VA. He used to play high school for a single A school and in the state tourney last year his school beat a team from my district 8 nil. I should've made the trip to Radford to see him play.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ColumbusCrewzer


Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 8182
Location: VA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
http://americansoccernow.com/asn_100#.UG3TWJjWJqN

This site asked 10 soccer analysts (including Twellman, Wahl and Lalas) to rank the top 100 American soccer players. Pretty interesting list.


Interesting. A healthy Holden would be top 10. At this point Agudelo shouldn't even be on that list. Trying to think of any potential omissions but none come to mind.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
eggybucsfan31


Joined: 27 Feb 2008
Posts: 7359
Location: Westerly RI
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColumbusCrewzer wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:
http://americansoccernow.com/asn_100#.UG3TWJjWJqN

This site asked 10 soccer analysts (including Twellman, Wahl and Lalas) to rank the top 100 American soccer players. Pretty interesting list.


Interesting. A healthy Holden would be top 10. At this point Agudelo shouldn't even be on that list. Trying to think of any potential omissions but none come to mind.


John Anthony Brooks is one that pops out to me.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColumbusCrewzer


Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 8182
Location: VA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watch a decent amount of MLS and Justin Morrow is the best LB in the league and deserves to be on there over a guy like Omar Salgado who has done absolutely nothing to warrant a spot on there.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RavensWin520


Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 16612
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
Quote:
Grant Wahl ‏@GrantWahl
.@PaulTenorio reports US U17 top prospect Junior Flores has signed pro contract with German champion Borussia Dortmund.


Flores will train periodically with Dortmund but will move over in March 2014. Kids got some serious talent, was a force to be reckoned with last year in the Nike International Friendlies.
I wish he would go there now. Our academy system (and residency) is a joke, the only way to catch up is to send our top talents over to Europe ASAP so they actually develop.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SUfbondarebound


Joined: 09 Dec 2005
Posts: 6826
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may lose Mix to Norway. Seems he's more open to playing for them than previously. I don't understand why Klinsmann doesn't call him up. Even if he isn't the finished product, he is the exact type of creative midfielder this team needs.

http://www.starsandstripesfc.com/2012/10/4/3458262/mix-diskerud-usa-norway-usmnt-news-cap-tie
_________________


11/16/2008 = The Return to SU Football Glory Begins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eggybucsfan31


Joined: 27 Feb 2008
Posts: 7359
Location: Westerly RI
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUfbondarebound wrote:
We may lose Mix to Norway. Seems he's more open to playing for them than previously. I don't understand why Klinsmann doesn't call him up. Even if he isn't the finished product, he is the exact type of creative midfielder this team needs.

http://www.starsandstripesfc.com/2012/10/4/3458262/mix-diskerud-usa-norway-usmnt-news-cap-tie


He's playing better now, but I can see why Klinsmann didn't call him in, he really struggled last season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amac


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 3380
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mix will probably get his chance in November, unless his team doesnt let him
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eggybucsfan31


Joined: 27 Feb 2008
Posts: 7359
Location: Westerly RI
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Eddie Johnson will be called up for the next two qualifiers.

Quote:
Eddie Johnson ‏@eddie_johnson7
Thank you to the Seattle Sounders and my teammates family and friends for believing in me when everyone else didn't. #igotthecallupguys


Good for him, he deserves it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColumbusCrewzer


Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 8182
Location: VA
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With EJ getting called up I can see Boyd being left off this squad.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
amac


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 3380
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landon injured last night and could be out for WCQ's. Sad Shea also out and Jones has missed the past couple games with an ankle injury

Without Landon and Jones my team would be:



Subs: Goodson, Torres, Parkhurst, Guzan, Castillo, Edu, Pontius
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eggybucsfan31


Joined: 27 Feb 2008
Posts: 7359
Location: Westerly RI
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were rumors of DaMarcus Beasley getting the call due to both Shea and Gatt being out with injuries.

Wouldn't mind Beasley TBH, we need some veteran experience for these two games, especially if Landon can't go (Beas and EJ would fit that bill).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eggybucsfan31


Joined: 27 Feb 2008
Posts: 7359
Location: Westerly RI
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColumbusCrewzer wrote:
With EJ getting called up I can see Boyd being left off this squad.


Looks like it's Jozy.

Quote:
Grant Wahl ‏@GrantWahl
Hearing Jozy Altidore has not been called into US camp despite co-leading Dutch league in goals.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SUfbondarebound


Joined: 09 Dec 2005
Posts: 6826
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
ColumbusCrewzer wrote:
With EJ getting called up I can see Boyd being left off this squad.


Looks like it's Jozy.

Quote:
Grant Wahl ‏@GrantWahl
Hearing Jozy Altidore has not been called into US camp despite co-leading Dutch league in goals.


That's just stupid. Why not leave out Dempsey and Howard while we're at it?
_________________


11/16/2008 = The Return to SU Football Glory Begins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 72 of 101

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group