You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Arrested Development Return Will Be Netflix Exclusive
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans0021

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
I'm about halfway through season 4, just finished George Sr's 2nd episode. Thoughts so far...

-Definitely doesn't feel the same, but I think that's purely due to the setup of this season. Still same style of humor though. Sure I wish they could of just had it like the originals where a majority of the show takes place in the model home and balboa towers but it is what it is.

-Storyline is kind of dull and confusing so far

-Linday got creepy looking, on the verge of scary. Maeby got fatter. Not fair.

-Favorite episode was Tobias's, least favorite was Michael's first.

I'd give this season a 7.5/10 so far. I give 1, 2 and 3 a 9.5, 9 and 8.5 respectively.
I'm one episode past this.

Not in love with the season, was real disappointed by Gob's episode.

Semi-spoiler (I guess):

What in the hell happened to Steve Holt? I mean, Lindsay looks worse than she did, but holy crap Steve Holt.

Props to mike23md on the sig
Shaq

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, Steve Holt was like 20 (?) when Season 3 ended so it's not that far off....[/list]
msuspartans#1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaq wrote:
To be fair, Steve Holt was like 20 (?) when Season 3 ended so it's not that far off....[/list]

I went to trivia last week and a team name was Steve Holt whenever the guy read the scores and said "In x place Steve Holt" the team just screamed Steve Holt and threw their hands in the air. I died laughing every time they did it
JudoCobra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why, but it really bugged me that Ron Howard appeared in the show, while also narrating the scenes. Not saying it was bad, but I just thought he should of stayed behind the scenes.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaq wrote:

He is only 29....Im 30 and dont look much different than I did 7 years ago.

BUT...I think that was part of the joke. They made him look older than he is. THere is the one part where Michael says "I just ran into Steve Holt and he looks like he's 50" or something.

In reality, he doesnt look that old. He definitely gained weight, but they made him look even older.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msuspartans#1 wrote:
Shaq wrote:

I went to trivia last week and a team name was Steve Holt whenever the guy read the scores and said "In x place Steve Holt" the team just screamed Steve Holt and threw their hands in the air. I died laughing every time they did it

This is brilliant. I gotta do this the next time I play trivia.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They put him in a bald cap and a wig with a receded hairline to make him look absurdly bad. It's to accentuate how he clearly peaked in high school (and poke fun at those that do). In real life he's gained some weight but looks a lot more like the Steve Holt of seasons 1-3

Adopt-a-Cowboy 2016: Sean Lee- 145 tackles (93 solo, 52 assisted), 1 PD, 1 FR, 13 TFLs, 977/982 defensive snaps played excluding the meaningless Week 17 game against the last place Eagles
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
They put him in a bald cap and a wig with a receded hairline to make him look absurdly bad. It's to accentuate how he clearly peaked in high school (and poke fun at those that do). In real life he's gained some weight but looks a lot more like the Steve Holt of seasons 1-3

I think the hairline was a follow-up to a joke from when he first met GOB, something to the effect of "Is my hair going to do that?"
matt79511

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

I think the hairline was a follow-up to a joke from when he first met GOB, something to the effect of "Is my hair going to do that?"

True that

Adopt-a-Cowboy 2016: Sean Lee- 145 tackles (93 solo, 52 assisted), 1 PD, 1 FR, 13 TFLs, 977/982 defensive snaps played excluding the meaningless Week 17 game against the last place Eagles
yankee0724

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read about the George Maharis joke.

I have a.new favorite joke on the show.

http://splitsider.com/2013/05/an-encyclopedic-guide-to-the-best-callbacks-running-jokes-and-hidden-gags-in-the-new-season-of-arrested-development/

Quote:
George Michael mentions not wanting to be called "George Michael" or "Boy George" because of the singer George Michael's bathroom sex arrest and Boy George's arrest for sexual assault. The name he chooses instead is George Maharis, a popular actor from the '60s and '70s who, unbeknownst to him, was also arrested for committing a sex act in a men's room. The man who was arrested with Maharis was named "Perfecto Tellis." Tellis is revealed to be the last name of Maeby's boyfriend/Lucille 2's adopted kid Perfecto in the episode "Off the Hook."

My mind is thoroughly blown.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool Cracked article on the new season
http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-tips-enjoying-new-arrested-development-season/

"He brought his doom on himself with his treason but I did love him, Davos. I know that now. I swear, I will go to my grave thinking of my brother’s peach.”
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For the 5th season, it would DEFINITELY be about the family all together. That was always the design. The idea was originally to have them even together LESS for Season 4 – it really was going to be basically 9 stories (like the Salinger collection) that had nothing to do with one another, and just showed everybody’s life, so that everybody’s life could get to a point of peril, and then the family could truly have no choice but to get back together for the next iteration.

http://www.webpronews.com/arrested-development-creator-is-gathering-up-ammunition-to-get-next-chapter-made-2013-06

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"How do you like your egg?"
"I said you were fine..."

Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can download fakeblock to your iPhone or Android device.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
PuntMyLumps

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only watched the new season once through, but I'm pretty sure it'll be considered worse than the first run, but still pretty good. A lot of jokes aren't going to come out for a while.

Still, another season (hopefully a season and not a movie) would be fantastic. One of my favorite scenes from the first run is when the PR lady has the family all together in a room, and they all get to do their thing. Everybody except maybe Tobias suffered from the split.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 26 of 27

Jump to: