You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Arrested Development Return Will Be Netflix Exclusive
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuntMyLumps wrote:
Only watched the new season once through, but I'm pretty sure it'll be considered worse than the first run, but still pretty good. A lot of jokes aren't going to come out for a while.

Still, another season (hopefully a season and not a movie) would be fantastic. One of my favorite scenes from the first run is when the PR lady has the family all together in a room, and they all get to do their thing. Everybody except maybe Tobias suffered from the split.

#sixseasonsandamovie

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About to watch last episode... bittersweet, I really hope they do make another season(s?). I really wasn't disappointed, it may have been the worst season but not by much. It took some time to take off but once you started seeing all the stories intertwine it was very good.
the lone star

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a very good season, but there were some very nice moments.

Hopefully they make another season and do in fact make that movie they've been talking about.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very pleased with the season as a whole. Not as funny as past seasons, but I think the writing was clever & the last 13 episodes or so are exactly what people should have expected.

My main issues with season 4:

1.) First three episodes are pretty bad. The George Sr. episode(s) in particular would have benefited from being shorter and/or not solely focused on his character.
2.) Too many cheap jokes on race. And while I have no issue with race jokes whatsoever, there were still too many easy, cheap jokes here.
3.) Lack of flashbacks. I think this was my major gripe on the whole thing. The general lack of flashbacks from s1-s3 & then even a lack of flashbacks within the season. I understand that some people may forget the puns/gags from s1-s3, but I think it should be required viewing to re-watch s1-s3 before viewing s4.

I personally went in to episode 1 of s4 without watching the show in about five years. Realized I needed a refresher, spent the last month re-watching the show only to finish s4 in two days. I think this left me getting more out of s4 than most, but also left me hoping there'd be some flashbacks to the older episodes (as there were a lot of potential gags that would have been hilarious if referenced to the older seasons.) I did enjoy how they brought back some old gags (Mr. F in particular, will never get old) but wish they'd have done more.

Looking forward to a fifth season (or a movie, though hoping for the former)...it's hard to finish the season so quickly and have to wait over a year for new material. I guess I'll just re-watch s4 in the meantime.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just got through Season 4 yesterday. I thought that it was decent, but overall a drop from where the previous 3 seasons were. I had watched all previous seasons before starting season 4, so it was fresh in my memory. Maybe that was the problem though, because I thought each of those seasons were hiliarious, and I just didn't laugh as much during season 4. I dunno, I'm not saying I didn't like it because I did enjoy most of the new episodes. But I was just a bit underwhelmed after all of the hype. I do hope if we get another season or a movie, that it's better than what we got in season 4.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27

Jump to: