Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Houston Rockets Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 38240
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Official Houston Rockets Thread Reply with quote







General Manager: Darryl Morey
Interim Head Coach: J.B. Bickerstaff

Roster:


SF Trevor Ariza
PG Patrick Beverley
SG Corey Brewer
PF Clint Capela
SF Sam Dekker
SG James Harden
PF Montrezl Harrell
PF/C Chuck Hayes
C Dwight Howard
PF Terrence Jones
PG Ty Lawson
SG KJ McDaniels
PF Donatas Motiejunas
SG Marcus Thornton
PG/SG Jason Terry
_________________

^S/o to Mike23md for the amazing sig
#HTOWNTAKEOVER: 2015 AAC Champs: Peach Bowl champs!


Last edited by Texansfan713 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:34 am; edited 26 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 12897
Location: Melbourne, Arkansas
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's lookinh increasingly likely that we are gonna be picking 9-13 in the first round this year and I'm thinking we have to go with a young big to be a long term answer at the back up center position.

Maybe a Cauley-stein or someone like that.

There are good odds we trade this pick too.

Canna, papa, DMo, and the pick have all increased in value since the season started should we go after someone

It's looking like a quiet trade market this season however.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 38240
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking more like 12-14 to me. I think the Pelicans pick will fall in that range. Only way it doesnt is if AD goes down for a long time.

I really want us to get an instant offense type scorer off the bench with the pick. I know it's early, but someone like Caris LeVert would be nice. I didnt realize we could have 4 second round picks next year. Laughing

I hope we dont lose our composure tonight against the T-Wolves coming off a big win against the Grizzlies. They arent a good defensive and especially rebounding team so I think we will win this one big. If Corey Brewer goes off on us again Im going to be pissed. Laughing
_________________

^S/o to Mike23md for the amazing sig
#HTOWNTAKEOVER: 2015 AAC Champs: Peach Bowl champs!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CAS22


Joined: 06 Jul 2007
Posts: 26666
Location: SMU
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
It's lookinh increasingly likely that we are gonna be picking 9-13 in the first round this year and I'm thinking we have to go with a young big to be a long term answer at the back up center position.

Maybe a Cauley-stein or someone like that.

There are good odds we trade this pick too.

Canna, papa, DMo, and the pick have all increased in value since the season started should we go after someone

It's looking like a quiet trade market this season however.

If Morey plays it right (and I expect him to) then we will not have that pick come draft night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 12897
Location: Melbourne, Arkansas
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about our current team minus our 40% of guys that are hurt right now, and I've been asking myself why have we held up so far with so many guys out.

That's when it hit me. This current team minus our guys is better than our 8th seed team from 2013 for a number of reasons


1. Harden. He was key to that team and is the key now, only he plays D and is a lot better of a player

2. Our biggest subtraction has been an addition. Asik is the best missing piece of that team. He was an elite rim protector and rebounder and that's what has been missing. DMo has been a huge upgrade on that Asik on the offensive end. Normally that would be a negative trade, but with the team as a whole playing better D, it's actually a net positive to have a scoring big man.

3. More experience. That team had a young Terrance jones, this year we have a rookie papa, and thier abilities to understand basketball during thier rookie years are not even close. Papas experience has really helped him. Terry and Ariza have brought a lot to the table that young LIN and Parsons didn't bring.

4. Hope. Hope is a powerful thing, and knowing that first team all NBA type help is on the way is a powerful driving force for a team.

I'm not totally sure, but with our current guys I think we would be in the hunt for the 8th seed this year, which should excite some people as we are getting major help down the road and should be a legit contender if we play this tough D come playoff time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 29862
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
It's lookinh increasingly likely that we are gonna be picking 9-13 in the first round this year and I'm thinking we have to go with a young big to be a long term answer at the back up center position.

Maybe a Cauley-stein or someone like that.

There are good odds we trade this pick too.

Canna, papa, DMo, and the pick have all increased in value since the season started should we go after someone

It's looking like a quiet trade market this season however.

If Morey plays it right (and I expect him to) then we will not have that pick come draft night.

...What would you move it for?
_________________
RTR
#JDI
[quote="GFalcon"]go saints[/quote]
[quote="Texansfan713"]Go Pelicans![/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CAS22


Joined: 06 Jul 2007
Posts: 26666
Location: SMU
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
It's lookinh increasingly likely that we are gonna be picking 9-13 in the first round this year and I'm thinking we have to go with a young big to be a long term answer at the back up center position.

Maybe a Cauley-stein or someone like that.

There are good odds we trade this pick too.

Canna, papa, DMo, and the pick have all increased in value since the season started should we go after someone

It's looking like a quiet trade market this season however.

If Morey plays it right (and I expect him to) then we will not have that pick come draft night.

...What would you move it for?

Something that will help us compete for a title this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 29862
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
It's lookinh increasingly likely that we are gonna be picking 9-13 in the first round this year and I'm thinking we have to go with a young big to be a long term answer at the back up center position.

Maybe a Cauley-stein or someone like that.

There are good odds we trade this pick too.

Canna, papa, DMo, and the pick have all increased in value since the season started should we go after someone

It's looking like a quiet trade market this season however.

If Morey plays it right (and I expect him to) then we will not have that pick come draft night.

...What would you move it for?

Something that will help us compete for a title this year.

Well, duh, I just don't think anyone will be available that the Rockets would want. Maybe Millsap? You could probably offer a package Jones(if healthy), the Pelicans pick and a couple other picks for him but he's been great. I don't know if Atlanta would take it.
_________________
RTR
#JDI
[quote="GFalcon"]go saints[/quote]
[quote="Texansfan713"]Go Pelicans![/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CAS22


Joined: 06 Jul 2007
Posts: 26666
Location: SMU
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
It's lookinh increasingly likely that we are gonna be picking 9-13 in the first round this year and I'm thinking we have to go with a young big to be a long term answer at the back up center position.

Maybe a Cauley-stein or someone like that.

There are good odds we trade this pick too.

Canna, papa, DMo, and the pick have all increased in value since the season started should we go after someone

It's looking like a quiet trade market this season however.

If Morey plays it right (and I expect him to) then we will not have that pick come draft night.

...What would you move it for?

Something that will help us compete for a title this year.

Well, duh, I just don't think anyone will be available that the Rockets would want. Maybe Millsap? You could probably offer a package Jones(if healthy), the Pelicans pick and a couple other picks for him but he's been great. I don't know if Atlanta would take it.

That would be ideal but I don't think they will bite.

Something that interests me is a Wilson Chandler and Mozgov package (if Denver were to fall out of the playoff race). They fit our needs perfectly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 29862
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler? Really? Yeesh. Mozgov wouldn't be a bad get, and he should be relatively cheap.
_________________
RTR
#JDI
[quote="GFalcon"]go saints[/quote]
[quote="Texansfan713"]Go Pelicans![/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 12897
Location: Melbourne, Arkansas
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gonna take a clear upgrade at the 4 to trade the pick. Maybe a instant offense 6th man type player but neither seem out there right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 38240
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
It's gonna take a clear upgrade at the 4 to trade the pick. Maybe a instant offense 6th man type player but neither seem out there right now.


I dont see why people are so content the Rockets need to upgrade at the 4? Point guard needs a bigger upgrade than power forward IMO.
_________________

^S/o to Mike23md for the amazing sig
#HTOWNTAKEOVER: 2015 AAC Champs: Peach Bowl champs!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 38240
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were to list our top 3 needs:

backup C
backup wing
PG
_________________

^S/o to Mike23md for the amazing sig
#HTOWNTAKEOVER: 2015 AAC Champs: Peach Bowl champs!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 38240
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrien is killing us on the boards. Morey should have waived Dorsey to keep him.
_________________

^S/o to Mike23md for the amazing sig
#HTOWNTAKEOVER: 2015 AAC Champs: Peach Bowl champs!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CAS22


Joined: 06 Jul 2007
Posts: 26666
Location: SMU
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Papa getting hurt we now have no PGs and no PFs. Haha just getting absurd at this point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 1 of 83

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group