Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 NBA Offseason Thread v2.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject: 2016 NBA Offseason Thread v2.0 Reply with quote

With the eve of free agency here, time for a new thread.

FREE AGENCY TRACKER

holt_bruce81 wrote:
I just like to feel like Yadier Molina is hugging me as I sleep.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
seminoles1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
If the Thunder get Horford, that team would be ridiculously stacked. I wonder if the Blazers would still be interested in Kanter if he has to be moved?
Portland has an extra (bad) 1st round pick to throw in a trade for Kanter. They've got plenty of cap space to take on his contract and still have money to spend as well.

Would OKC take Portland's 2017 1st round pick and Cleveland's 2018 1st round pick for Kanter?

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
If the Thunder get Horford, that team would be ridiculously stacked. I wonder if the Blazers would still be interested in Kanter if he has to be moved?
Portland has an extra (bad) 1st round pick to throw in a trade for Kanter. They've got plenty of cap space to take on his contract and still have money to spend as well.

Would OKC take Portland's 2017 1st round pick and Cleveland's 2018 1st round pick for Kanter?

OKC doesn't have much leverage. If they want horford they need to get rid of kanter. If I was Portland I wouldn't even offer that much.

2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish the nba didn't have a salary cap just so we could see the insane amount of money guys like Lebron and KD would get Laughing

CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
Quote:
The Lakers are among teams interested in Mike Conley. Rumors season in in effect. https://t.co/bAHeg3ib2W https://t.co/ageMp2NUcb

They have to be trying to move Russell if that's the case...

Oak for Russell swap. Shocked

I wonder if Kobe ratted out Shaq when he was a rookie he probably gets dealt you think? Laughing

Sixers would be foolish to do that swap straight up.

First off, I seriously doubt the Lakers are in on Mike Conley. Seems like a ploy to get the Grizzlies to pony up for him.

Secondly, I wouldn't trade Russell straight up for Okafor if my life depended on it. In fact, I'm not sure the Sixers have a package that doesn't include Ben Simmons that the Lakers would move D'Angelo Russell for. They're not trading Russell.

holt_bruce81 wrote:

bkobow05 wrote:
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What incentive do they (LAL) have to make Memphis pony up?

I don't see teams doing fake inquiries (offers). What if the guy actually wants to sign a deal?

Idk what Luke has in store offensively, will he carbon copy GS? Will he run some similar stuff?
chiefs82

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:

I don't see teams doing fake inquiries (offers). What if the guy actually wants to sign a deal?

Idk what Luke has in store offensively, will he carbon copy GS? Will he run some similar stuff?

He's doesn't have the pieces in place to run a carbon copy. It's going to be similar; he's going to let JC, Ingram and Russell to run-n-gun and if they can get a Whiteside or Horford, there's going to be a lot of Russell Pick and Roll.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

OKC doesn't have much leverage. If they want horford they need to get rid of kanter. If I was Portland I wouldn't even offer that much.

Plus GM's know that Kanter's a detriment defensively, which at center is a huge deal. I'd ask for other value in return with Kanter if I were taking his max contract.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Count Houston, Miami, Golden State and San Antonio among the teams interested in Timofey Mozgov, along with the Cavs, per league sources

If he could somehow get back to his 2015 form he could be a steal.

BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Trailblazer fan, I wouldnt give up more than a 2nd rounder for Kanter, and even then would only move forward with a deal after we strike out on Howard and Whiteside. The Thunder have little leverage if they truly want to move him to make space for Horford. Portland really doesnt need an offensive center like Kanter. They already have two guards that are defensively poor, adding a C that cant guard a rock would really hurt them. They would have to rely on scoring 110ppg to win.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

If Horford agrees to come to OKC? They will take likely anything for Kanter.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sticky these tweets from Bobby Marks at the top of the forum tbh:

Quote:
Can't stress enough that contracts under the new TV $ should be viewed as a % against the cap compared to actual $ figure.

Quote:
For example an $18m contract signed this July = a $13m contract based on a $70m cap from 2015-16.

Shouts to IDOG_det
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ11 wrote:
Sticky these tweets from Bobby Marks at the top of the forum tbh:

Quote:
Can't stress enough that contracts under the new TV $ should be viewed as a % against the cap compared to actual $ figure.

Quote:
For example an $18m contract signed this July = a $13m contract based on a $70m cap from 2015-16.

But then next years cap is gonna take an even larger jump. So I think teams are using next years number as a baseline.

Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Michael Lark ‏@Michael_Lark 3m3 minutes ago
LA Lakers are interested in signing Chandler Parsons (even though they drafted Brandon Ingram) - Source: ESPN Dallas

Quote:
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26 3m3 minutes ago Texas, USA
NBA sources confirm the #Rockets will meet with Al Horford tomorrow.
CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:

None. Which is why this whole Conley-to-the-Lakers rumor makes no sense. The Lakers have invested in Russell, and they've resisted overtures to trade him. They're invested in him being their PG, and if they signed Conley that would likely indicate that they view him as a SG. The bigger problem is that they'd have a TON of money tied up into their backup guards. Clarkson and Lou Williams would be something like $20M+ combined. On top of the $20M+ in Conley, that's nearly half of the cap right there between those three. For that reason alone, it makes virtually no sense for the Lakers to sign him.

Lakers have two HUGE needs. They need a mobile rim protecting center (Whiteside) and a 3&D wing (think Batum, Bazemore, etc.). PG isn't the spot they're going to pony up.

holt_bruce81 wrote:

bkobow05 wrote:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 1 of 103

Jump to: