Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

THE Official Washington Wizards Thread 2014-2015
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: THE Official Washington Wizards Thread 2014-2015 Reply with quote

Can't be any worse than last year... right?
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's J Wall looking??

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
How's J Wall looking??

He's lightning quick.
He still makes a lot of turnovers and his on-ball defense leaves a lot to be desired.

He gets to the basket with ease, but his jump shot still needs to be improved.

When he begins to consistently knock down mid-range jumpers, he'll be a lot more dangerous.

With the additions of Martell Webster and Bradley Beal, he has a few perimeter weapons. Hopefully, they can both stay healthy and adjust to the offense well. Spreading the floor is pivotal to Wall's growth, but again... until he begins to consistently knock down jumpers, guards will be able to play off him and cover the open men or double the post (Okafor/Nene/Seraphin) players.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like our team. I think we'll fight for the last playoff spot this year but probably will just miss out on the playoffs. Probably for the best though because then we can another young talent in the lottery.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I like our team. I think we'll fight for the last playoff spot this year but probably will just miss out on the playoffs. Probably for the best though because then we can another young talent in the lottery.

But who do you see in the East actually beating out the Wizards for that final playoff spot?

You know at this point in time, teams like Miami, Boston and the Pacers are virtually locks to make the playoffs.

Then you have some teams on the rise and loaded with talent in New York and Brooklyn, so you have to expect they will find a way to make the playoffs barring injury or continuity issues.

Atlanta, Philly, Orlando, and and Chicago all lost key superstars or will be without their superstar for an extended period of time.

So even if two of those four aforementioned teams do mange to make the playoffs, there is still one opening remaining there. And given that the Wizards competition for that final spot in this scenario are the two teams mentioned above who did not make it, and possibly Milwaukee and Toronto, it's hard to fathom them not beating out said teams given the collective talent on their roster.

I'm not saying this particular group of Wizards are a championship contender by any means, but they are certainly better than the majority of the bottom-dwellers in the east, as well as the fodder at the lower-end of the play-off bracket, at least imo.

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

But who do you see in the East actually beating out the Wizards for that final playoff spot?

You know at this point in time, teams like Miami, Boston and the Pacers are virtually locks to make the playoffs.

Then you have some teams on the rise and loaded with talent in New York and Brooklyn, so you have to expect they will find a way to make the playoffs barring injury or continuity issues.

Atlanta, Philly, Orlando, and and Chicago all lost key superstars or will be without their superstar for an extended period of time.

So even if two of those four aforementioned teams do mange to make the playoffs, there is still one opening remaining there. And given that the Wizards competition for that final spot in this scenario are the two teams mentioned above who did not make it, and possibly Milwaukee and Toronto, it's hard to fathom them not beating out said teams given the collective talent on their roster.

I'm not saying this particular group of Wizards are a championship contender by any means, but they are certainly better than the majority of the bottom-dwellers in the east, as well as the fodder at the lower-end of the play-off bracket, at least imo.
I think with Philly getting Bynum. That will put them in. We will be battling with Chicago (made the playoffs last year basically w/o rose), and atl still has enough talent I think to get there. I'm not ready to just put the wiz in there right now for sure.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we signed Martell Webster. I like the signing, and I'm assuming it was very cheap. Nice shooter off the bench.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Blatche found a new home? ... Possibly and it could be the Brooklyn Nets folks Shocked

http://www.csnwashington.com/basketball-washington-wizards/wizards-talk/Blatche-netting-a-contract-with-Brooklyn?blockID=767587&feedID=6356

Quote:
Looking for another big man option behind Kris Humphries and Brook Lopez, the Nets are checking out the 6-foot-11 forward with offensive skills and a hefty amount of baggage, according to multiple reports. Blatche has been spending the summer in Houston, the same city where Nets coach Avery Johnson lives during the summer. The two were expected to meet over the Labor Day weekend.

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/10/wizards-agree-to-sign-jannero-pargo.html

With John Walls injury, the wizards sign the guy who I wanted them to sign instead of AJ price a few months ago. Jared Pargo!

Quote:
"Jannero brings us veteran leadership and added depth to our backcourt," said president Ernie Grunfeld. "He is a hard-nosed competitor and proven outside shooter that will fit well with the mix of veterans and young players on our roster."

10:32am: The Wizards have agreed to terms on a one-year deal with point guard Jannero Pargo, according to agent Mark Bartelstein (Twitter link via Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports). The move comes on the heels of the team's announcement that John Wall would be out eight weeks with a patella injury, leaving Shelvin Mack and A.J. Price as the only point guards under contract to start the season.

Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really excited to see how much John Wall has progressed and how well he and Brad Beal compliment one another. If those two reach their potential and play well together you'll have a potential championship caliber backcourt. It must be exciting to be a sports fan in the D.C. area right now with the emergence of the Nationals and their young stars, the emergence of the Redskins and RGIII, and the Wizards on the rise with their young roster.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
I'm really excited to see how much John Wall has progressed and how well he and Brad Beal compliment one another. If those two reach their potential and play well together you'll have a potential championship caliber backcourt. It must be exciting to be a sports fan in the D.C. area right now with the emergence of the Nationals and their young stars, the emergence of the Redskins and RGIII, and the Wizards on the rise with their young roster.

Nats. Yes.
Skins. Yes.
Wiz. No.

We're used to being let down.
Wall is already injured.
Nene is injured (but what's new?).

I just want to see Beal and Booker flourish.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

Nats. Yes.
Skins. Yes.
Wiz. No.

We're used to being let down.
Wall is already injured.
Nene is injured (but what's new?).

I just want to see Beal and Booker flourish.
players and media are saying Crawford looks amazing and I expect Singleton to be Improved and with Nene's injury it gives Seraphin and Vessley a chance as well. Booker though is someone like you said I really look forward to see flourish. He was starting to come into his own the last few months of last season before his foot injury, as was Seraphin. I really look forward to seeing how the young bigs have progressed.

S. Taylor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^

I just hope Seraphin sit on the pine for too long.
I think Okafor is penciled in as the starter.

I forgot all about Crawford.
With Wall out, he should get A LOT of shots up.

I think Nene is still scheduled to be ready for the season opener.
I think he's just using that foot as a reason to not scrimmage. Laughing
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
^^^

I just hope Seraphin sit on the pine for too long.
I think Okafor is penciled in as the starter.

I forgot all about Crawford.
With Wall out, he should get A LOT of shots up.

I think Nene is still scheduled to be ready for the season opener.
I think he's just using that foot as a reason to not scrimmage. Laughing
ahh yeah. Good points man

S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to knock off the Knicks in pre-season....

SHELVIN MACK ATTACK!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 1 of 80

Jump to: