Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Minnesota Timberwolves Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sportskid_021

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Minnesota Timberwolves Thread Reply with quote

Teams Official Website: http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/index_main.html

Updated Roster (November 2013)

PG: Ricky Rubio/JJ Barea/ A.J. Price
SG: Kevin Martin/Alexey Shved
SF: Corey Brewer/Chase Budinger/Robbie Hummel/Shabazz Muhammad
PF: Kevin Love/Derrick Williams/Dante Cunningham
C: Nikola Pekovic/Ronny Turiaf/Gorgui Dieng

"There's only one Tree Hill, and it's your home." ~ 2003-2012

Last edited by sportskid_021 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:44 pm; edited 18 times in total
sportskid_021

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Wolves fan I was wondering if I am the only one who thinks that the Wolves logo/jerseys need more green?

I saw these concepts online and that's what got me thinking about it...

MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportskid_021 wrote:
As a Wolves fan I was wondering if I am the only one who thinks that the Wolves logo/jerseys need more green?

I saw these concepts online and that's what got me thinking about it...

^ These need to happen ASAP. I'd get me one. Also we should have throwbacks of the original Timberwolves jerseys.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Could somebody do me a huge favor and make me a Michael Beasley sig from this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ-4cajB-9g
Preferably around the 20 second mark where he is pounding his chest?
If not the next best would be Rubio brushing Beasley's shoulders off.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is currently seperating this team from being an 8th seed (first round playoff loss) and being able to beat any Western conference team are two things.

1.) Rubio's field goal percentage. I love Ricky and I made a thread pre-season that predicted him to be ROY with averages of 11,7,4,2. He has lived up to my expecations but if the Wolves want to be an elite team 35.5% from the field isn't going to cut it. Confidence will come in time and I believe if not this year next year he will improve that % and so will the Wolves record.

2.) A viable two gaurd that can score off the dribble. From Anthony Morrow-Kevin Martin if they could aquire a shooting gaurd that can create his own shot, hit the three and provide some consistent scoring it will help the Wolves immensely.
panther dude

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I do think we need to bring some green back in the jerseys, having a whole green jersey would be way overdoing it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panther dude wrote:
While I do think we need to bring some green back in the jerseys, having a whole green jersey would be way overdoing it.

How is that worse than the Muskies crap we keep seeing?

Either way of the SG's that the Wolves have been linked to in rumors, I personally would like JJ Redick, especially if its something along the lines of Beasley for Redick

PaulWall_23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportskid_021 wrote:
panther dude wrote:

How is that worse than the Muskies crap we keep seeing?

Either way of the SG's that the Wolves have been linked to in rumors, I personally would like JJ Redick, especially if its something along the lines of Beasley for Redick

Hate the Redick idea, not THAT much different then Ridnour in how he can score off the dribble, defend and shoot the three.
sportskid_021

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulWall_23 wrote:
Hate the Redick idea, not THAT much different then Ridnour in how he can score off the dribble, defend and shoot the three.

But then you could follow up the Beasley for Redick with the rumored Ridnour for Crawford deal.

I will take the wolves with:

PG: Rubio/Barea
SG: Redick/Crawford
SF: Wes/Martel

over

PG: Rubio/Barea
SG: Luke/Webster
SF: Wes/Beasley

MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportskid_021 wrote:
Beasley for Redick
Did you just do a bunch of crack? HELL NO to that trade. A top 15 pick and a player for Beasley would be my asking price. Not many players have more talent than Beasley, he is a guy who can score 40, he is only 23 and he has shown signs of growing up this year. I want Beasley to be a T-pup for a long time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
sportskid_021 wrote:
Beasley for Redick
Did you just do a bunch of crack? HELL NO to that trade. A top 15 pick and a player for Beasley would be my asking price. Not many players have more talent than Beasley, he is a guy who can score 40, he is only 23 and he has shown signs of growing up this year. I want Beasley to be a T-pup for a long time.

My question is what team is going to give that up for him? And what has he done during his time in MN to prove his worth, remember the Wolves got him for a 2nd rounder iirc. I don't think his time in MN has upped his value all that much- If he is as good as you claim using last years stats he took TWO HUNDRED TWENTY more shots than anyone else on the team. Now I would be fine if he was a LeBron/Kobe type player or even if it lead to wins but the Wolves only had 17 wins last year iirc. They obviously saw that it doesn't work with Beasley as the lead #1 volume guy- he is too streaky and inconsistent. The Wolves need a competent SG so Luke isn't starting there, doesn't have to be a superstar (tho it would be nice) but they need a solid outside shooter who plays average to above average defense. I think that JJ (Redick) fits that he is a near 50% 3pt FG shooter, so I think a Beasley for Redick would be a great trade for the wolves...

Like I said to compound that the Luke for Crawford rumor that is out there, would turn around the Wolves SG spot. Crawford can take the shots that Beasley normally woulda got with the 2nd team offense and is still an expiring like Beasley is so if it doesn't work they can still let him go

Oh and I forgot to post this earlier- just got a laugh from me

http://youtu.be/xbRgXkHKPUc

MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportskid_021 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
sportskid_021 wrote:
Beasley for Redick

My question is what team is going to give that up for him? And what has he done during his time in MN to prove his worth, remember the Wolves got him for a 2nd rounder iirc. I don't think his time in MN has upped his value all that much- If he is as good as you claim using last years stats he took TWO HUNDRED TWENTY more shots than anyone else on the team. Now I would be fine if he was a LeBron/Kobe type player or even if it lead to wins but the Wolves only had 17 wins last year. They obviously saw that it doesn't work with Beasley. The Wolves need a competent SG so Luke isn't starting there, doesn't have to be a superstar (tho it would be nice) but they need a solid outside shooter who plays average to above average defense. I think that JJ (Redick) fits that so I think a Beasley for Redick would be a great trade for the wolves...

Like I said to compound that the Luke for Crawford rumor that is out there, would turn around the Wolves SG spot. Crawford can take the shots that Beasley normally woulda got with the 2nd team offense and is still an expiring like Beasley is so if it doesn't work they can still let him go

Oh and I forgot to post this earlier- just got a laugh from me

http://youtu.be/xbRgXkHKPUc
So a guy who is almost 5 years older, has a lower FG % =, slightly less PPG and slightly higher 3 point % is some how a good trade for the Wolves? Get real. Redick has no potential to get better it would just be a stupid trade. If you absolutely positively have to trade Beasley why not try to get DeMar DeRozan?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lakers catch a break. Love is doubtful with back spasms.

vikingsrule wrote:
Offense (Air Coryell):

QB - Matt Cassel
phillybul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 15 pick in a deep 2012 draft AND a player for Beasley? Wait for that. Laughing What team is going to offer you that? Let me recheck Beasley this year again. One second...

12ppg 5rb 44% FG Laughing And you asked if a poster did crack for his proposal. Funny.

Derrick Williams is balling vs Lakers.
McNabb2Maclin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beasley is definitely not worth a top 15 pick and a player, but he's worth a hell of a lot more than a maxed out spot up shooter.

The Wolves do need to figure out what to do with all the forwards though, especially if Williams can't play the 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 1 of 39

Jump to: