Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Charlotte Hornets: Where the Lance No Longer Happens
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dingo18287

Most Valuable Poster

Location: With Jerry, Elaine, George, and Kramer at the Coffee Shop.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Charlotte Hornets: Where the Lance No Longer Happens Reply with quote

The Bobcats beat the Heat, moving them to 2-0 and 1st place in the SE division. We did a heck of a lot better at the free throw line.

Richardson, Felton, Wallace, and Okafor have been playing like beasts so far.

Last edited by Dingo18287 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:16 am; edited 65 times in total
Dingo18287

Most Valuable Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, we got spanked tonight by the Suns without Amare....oh well I wasn't expecting 82 wins...maybe 70 but not 82.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say it was a horrible showing by Charlotte tonight but I would say they played rather poorly, especially Okafor. Emeka should have had the ball in his hands down low on nearly every other possession but they just couldn't get things going anywhere offensively. Okafor is really going to need to start showing himself of a little more worth offensively if he is expecting his contract extension to be any higher than it was prior to the seasons start. I wouldn't be surprised if the offer goes down if he continues to play this poorly on offense.

Most Valuable Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oaktownOG wrote:
I wouldn't say it was a horrible showing by Charlotte tonight but I would say they played rather poorly, especially Okafor. Emeka should have had the ball in his hands down low on nearly every other possession but they just couldn't get things going anywhere offensively. Okafor is really going to need to start showing himself of a little more worth offensively if he is expecting his contract extension to be any higher than it was prior to the seasons start. I wouldn't be surprised if the offer goes down if he continues to play this poorly on offense.

Yeah, I didn't watch the game, 0 points?! With Sean May out, he is the only reliable big man who can score. Won't win any games if he is hacking it up.

Most Valuable Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't get these Bobcats, they play great the 1st 2 games, blown out the next 2.....then they have one of their best 4th Quarter ever.

Most Valuable Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bobcats are 4-3 after beating the Heatless for the 2nd time in 10 days.

I'm really enjoying talking with myself BTW.

Most Valuable Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stopped the Sonics 2 game winning streak. J-Rich, Wallace, Felton, and Okafor each had strong games again.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For this team to have any realistic playoff hopes Emeka Okafor is going to have to be soooo much more consistent than he has been so far. I don't know if I could stress that enough. In my books, he's really only had one strong showing this year so far and that was against the Pacers. Granted he had a helluva game against them posting 25pts and 23rebs but in most of the other games Charlotte has played this season he has been non-existant on the offensive side of the ball. His production on defense is a bit down from last year as well. I hope for Okafor's sake and the Bobcats that the concerns will be dispelled as a readjusting to the rhythm of the game rather than something else (such as reality setting in that Okafor isn't built to dominate the pro level the way he did the collegiate).

Something startling: Okafor was 0 for 6 going SCORELESS against the Suns who were WITHOUT Amare Stoudemire.

A big man going scoreless against the Suns LACK of defense which was even missing it's best big man defender is of very notable concern.

Most Valuable Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oaktownOG wrote:
For this team to have any realistic playoff hopes Emeka Okafor is going to have to be soooo much more consistent than he has been so far. I don't know if I could stress that enough. In my books, he's really only had one strong showing this year so far and that was against the Pacers. Granted he had a helluva game against them posting 25pts and 23rebs but in most of the other games Charlotte has played this season he has been non-existant on the offensive side of the ball. His production on defense is a bit down from last year as well. I hope for Okafor's sake and the Bobcats that the concerns will be dispelled as a readjusting to the rhythm of the game rather than something else (such as reality setting in that Okafor isn't built to dominate the pro level the way he did the collegiate).

Something startling: Okafor was 0 for 6 going SCORELESS against the Suns who were WITHOUT Amare Stoudemire.

A big man going scoreless against the Suns LACK of defense which was even missing it's best big man defender is of very notable concern.

Yeah you make some good points. Okafor had another disappointing game against the Heat last night, he is very up and down although he is still playing well this year, but I want to see more offense out of him.

Well we have lost 4 in a row with a Ray Allan last second 3 to win and a 20 point blow out by the damn Heat, aka Charlotte Bobcats Basketball that we all know and love.

Most Valuable Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobcats finished up the West road trip with a 1-4 record deciding to not show up in certain quarter's preferably the 2nd half ones.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, tonight is lottery night and lets hope the ball bounces our way.

Props to #Uno# on the sig

Cincinnati Cyclones 2009-2010 ECHL Champions

Supersuavesky wrote:
I agree with the Tebow comments. He's never been a great college player
Blaze King

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardinalsfan wrote:
Alright, tonight is lottery night and lets hope the ball bounces our way.

Especially because I have them in the NBA GM Mock, SK21 has right now. If we are either 8/9/10 I think the Bobcats take Kevin Love but if the 1 out of 10 chance we get a top 3 pick we will take Beasley or Lopez

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Wallace contract expiring this offseason?
Blaze King

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeinthaboot wrote:
Is Wallace contract expiring this offseason?

Nope. He is our best player and the Bobcats want him. Well see if they try to make a run at a big time player in Free Agency.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. Im a Bobcat fan. We need to sign Emeka Okafor needs to be signed back if we want to have any chance at competing next year. The direction of the team could have gone through the roof if we would have gotten one of the top picks. Michael Beasley makes us a playoff team.

Quote:
If you enjoy the music of Nickelback, chances are that I do not care for you as a person.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 1 of 71

Jump to: