Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your Top 10 Clubs in the World
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:
The lucky bounce they got on the second goal really changed the course of the game.

RM/Barca are the top 2 though.

Lucky bounce. lol They took it to you guys all game long.

Lol at Tottenham better than Chelsea.
I would actually put them ahead of Chelsea after some consideration. Chelsea have been pretty miserable this season. Chelsea probably have the better players but they don't fit into the system AVB is trying to run and they are really unimpressive at the moment.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:
The lucky bounce they got on the second goal really changed the course of the game.

I would actually put them ahead of Chelsea after some consideration. Chelsea have been pretty miserable this season. Chelsea probably have the better players but they don't fit into the system AVB is trying to run and they are really unimpressive at the moment.

I agree that they've been unimpressive at times, but even as bad as they've been they still controlled the majority of the game in White Hart Lane,, IMO.

Adopt-A-Duck
Byron Marshall: 168 carries, 1038 yds, 14TDs, 13 rec, 155 yds
Thomas Tyner: 115 carries, 711 yds, 9TDs, 14 rec, 124 yds
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu: 84 tackles, 9 PD, 3 INT
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:

I agree that they've been unimpressive at times, but even as bad as they've been they still controlled the majority of the game in White Hart Lane,, IMO.

They did not control the majority of the game by any stretch of the imagination. We blew them away for the majority of the first half, with the second going to Chelsea. It was a very even game, in no way were we dominated. We were actually unlucky not to win the game in the end.

We are still 2 points ahead of them with a game in hand.... I like our position.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
zissou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Top 10 Clubs in the World Reply with quote

1.) Barcelona
2.) Manchester City
3.) Real Madrid
4.) Manchester United
5.) Bayern Munich
6.) Arsenal
7.) Juventus
8.) Tottenham
9.) Milan
10.) Napoli
Imarobot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:

They did not control the majority of the game by any stretch of the imagination. We blew them away for the majority of the first half, with the second going to Chelsea. It was a very even game, in no way were we dominated. We were actually unlucky not to win the game in the end.

We are still 2 points ahead of them with a game in hand.... I like our position.

Come on man outside of the first 10 minutes and the last 5 we controlled that game.

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
kempus wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:

Come on man outside of the first 10 minutes and the last 5 we controlled that game.

Are you serious? You might have had a sill amount of long range, off target shots but Chelsea did not control the game. It was a very even game as I already said. We were far better in the first half and Chelsea were better in the second. To say Chelsea controled 'the majority' of the game is just flat out wrong.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
BrownieTheElf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:

I disagree. They dominated the second half but the first half was RM. After the score was 2-1, RM went out of their system and the wheels fell off.

I also am a big fan of Bayern Munich this year as far as top teams go. It's hard because I want to throw in MU and MC but not being in the final 16 in the CL. It's kind of like in the NFL I know the Ravens are the division winners but I still like the Steelers over them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barcelona
Madrid
Bayern Munich
Man City
Man United
Juventus
Arsenal
Milan
Tottenham
Chelsea

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some of these brought serious lulz

city 2nd best? in europa league?

ok

NJ Raven

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we need to win something more than the FA Cup to be top five IMO.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ Raven wrote:

don't get me wrong. on their day city can be a match for anyone.

but one major trophy in nearly 40 years....

LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
NJ Raven wrote:

but one major trophy in nearly 40 years...
To be honest I have no idea what this has to do with anything. It doesn't matter if they haven't won anything, their squad is fantastic. They can go toe to toe with any team on the planet. Obviously Barca are top of the pile but from two down I see no reason why City shouldn't be there. Their CL exit was disappointing but they are still an extremely talented club and not winning anything major doesn't change that fact.

texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
NJ Raven wrote:

but one major trophy in nearly 40 years...
To be honest I have no idea what this has to do with anything. It doesn't matter if they haven't won anything, their squad is fantastic. They can go toe to toe with any team on the planet. Obviously Barca are top of the pile but from two down I see no reason why City shouldn't be there. Their CL exit was disappointing but they are still an extremely talented club and not winning anything major doesn't change that fact.

1 FA Cup.

And two Europa League appearances?

I don't care how good they "could be", right now they have proven nothing.

LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't you make that argument for Bayern or Real? When is the last time they won anything substantial? They sure haven't won anything with the current crop of players on their squads. Chelsea look half the team they used to be, United are out of the CL and while challenging for the league don't look near as convincing as in years past, Arsenal are completely out of the title race and just aren't good enough to be top five. The Italian teams are good teams but I don't think they are near the same level or will win the CL. I just think that two spot is wide open and I don't think City shouldn't be included in the debate at least.

dhunt2402

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing AC Milan so high up in some lists is giving me lulz. I was really unimpressed with them, I rate Napoli well above them as the best Italian side.

Deadpulse on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: