Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your Top 10 Clubs in the World
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Couldn't you make that argument for Bayern or Real? When is the last time they won anything substantial? They sure haven't won anything with the current crop of players on their squads. Chelsea look half the team they used to be, United are out of the CL and while challenging for the league don't look near as convincing as in years past, Arsenal are completely out of the title race and just aren't good enough to be top five. The Italian teams are good teams but I don't think they are near the same level or will win the CL. I just think that two spot is wide open and I don't think City shouldn't be included in the debate at least.

Until City do something substantial they can't be placed at the big boys table.

I mean if we are going off this season, technically City aren't a top 16 side in Europe.

yankee0724

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apoel would obviously beat City. I mean, they stayed in the Champions League.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Couldn't you make that argument for Bayern or Real? When is the last time they won anything substantial? They sure haven't won anything with the current crop of players on their squads. Chelsea look half the team they used to be, United are out of the CL and while challenging for the league don't look near as convincing as in years past, Arsenal are completely out of the title race and just aren't good enough to be top five. The Italian teams are good teams but I don't think they are near the same level or will win the CL. I just think that two spot is wide open and I don't think City shouldn't be included in the debate at least.

I mean if we are going off this season, technically City aren't a top 16 side in Europe.
Which would mean United aren't either. Which would also mean Arsenal and Chelsea are better than City and United, which is completely false.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally not understanding Tex on this one.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
ElReyDeLosReyes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A squad as talented as Manchester City couldn't qualify to the Last 16 in the CL.

They are most certainly not the 2nd best team in the world and it is wrong to place them up so high. You're saying the 2nd best team in the world is one that can't qualify to the Last 16..... really now???

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElReyDeLosReyes wrote:
A squad as talented as Manchester City couldn't qualify to the Last 16 in the CL.

They are most certainly not the 2nd best team in the world and it is wrong to place them up so high. You're saying the 2nd best team in the world is one that can't qualify to the Last 16..... really now???

They're closer to #2 than RM is to #1.

Oregon RB Tracker
Marshall: 179 rush yds(9.4), 190 rec yds(15.8 ), 3 TDs
Tyner: 155 rush yds(4.4), 31 rec yds(4.4), 1 TD
Freeman: 186 rush yds(6.6), 33 rec yds(11.0), 5 TDs
ElReyDeLosReyes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
ElReyDeLosReyes wrote:

They're closer to #2 than RM is to #1.

Not really.

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElReyDeLosReyes wrote:

I'm not saying the should be the #2 team but they definitely deserve to be in the discussion. They have as good as chance as anyone to beat Barcelona. I honestly couldn't care less if they got eliminated at the group stage or not, it doesn't change the fact their squad is absolutely brilliant and is absolutely among the worlds best. I refuse to say they are not a good team because they couldn't get out of a very good group in their first ever CL appearance, just because they did have a pathetic group with Dinamo Zagreb and Ajax doesn't mean they are one of the bst sides in the world.

I'd certainly have more confidence in City being able to challenge Barcelona than Real that is for sure. How many chances do they need to beat Barcelona? You would think that if Real were the number two team in the world they could actually beat them once, at least at home.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:

Which would mean United aren't either. Which would also mean Arsenal and Chelsea are better than City and United, which is completely false.

But a Champions League final last year and years of semi finals says otherwise.

I don't see what category City fill, other than having the most expensive side in the world, that makes them a top 5 side. They have don't have any success this season so far, and last year they won the FA Cup. Besides beating United this season and an FA Cup win they've proven squat.

TomRalph

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Leeds United
2. Barcelona
3. Real Madrid
4. Man City
5. Man Utd
6. Arsenal
7. Liverpool
8. Bayern Munich
9. AC Milan
10. Tottenham

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Times Tom Brady has actively ignored throwing to Number 80:
ukjets21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
1. Leeds United
2. Barcelona
3. Real Madrid
4. Man City
5. Man Utd
6. Arsenal
7. Liverpool
8. Bayern Munich
9. AC Milan
10. Tottenham

I'm hoping Leeds were the only joke in this list.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:

I don't see what category City fill, other than having the most expensive side in the world, that makes them a top 5 side. They have don't have any success this season so far, and last year they won the FA Cup. Besides beating United this season and an FA Cup win they've proven squat.

But what does last year have to do with being the best team in the world this year?

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
1. Leeds United
2. Barcelona
3. Real Madrid
4. Man City
5. Man Utd
6. Arsenal
7. Liverpool
8. Bayern Munich
9. AC Milan
10. Tottenham

I'm hoping Leeds were the only joke in this list.

Definitely the most accurate list I have seen so far. Although I could see Stoke making an appearance in the top 10.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
ukjets21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Barcelona
2. Real Madrid
3. Manchester Utd
4. Bayern Munich
5. Juventus
6. Manchester City
7. Tottenham
8. Borussia Dortmund (homer)
9. Arsenal
10. AC Milan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:

But what does last year have to do with being the best team in the world this year?

Pray do tell, what in the world have they done this year?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: