Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EPL: Mid-Season First XI (Goalkeeper)

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Mid-Season EPL First Choice GK
Michael Vorm, Swansea City
52%
 52%  [ 11 ]
Tim Krul, Newcastle United
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Wayne Hennessey, Wolves
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Brad Friedel, Tottenham Hotspur
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
John Ruddy, Norwich City
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Joe Hart, Manchester City
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 21

The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: EPL: Mid-Season First XI (Goalkeeper) Reply with quote

Kinda was gonna do my own and I know we've had similar polls for "best this or that in the EPL", but there are some specific criteria here to evaluate. I'll probably use this as a barometer for my blog post coming towards the turn of the year.

GK is probably going to be a mixed bag of opinions but I'll let the voting go on for a day or so then we'll get into defenders. For CB's I'll probably do one poll and if there is a clear 1st/2nd choice then we'll go with that.

- This is based on THIS SEASON ONLY August through December English Premier League matches. Not Champions, Europa League, Carling Cup etc. So use your head.. don't just vote for the names you recognize (if that's the case just don't vote)

- Must have played in a minimum of 10 EPL games (That will be apparent in the selections) However, OTHER will be an option, so write the name in if you chose other.

The candidates for GK:

Michael Vorm, Swansea City AFC

Tim Krul, Newcastle United

Wayne Hennessey, Wolverhampton Wanderers

Brad Friedel, Tottenham Hostpur FC

John Ruddy, Norwich City FC

Joe Hart, Manchester City FC

teamorange wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
This game wasnt that bad. Ive seen much worse.

Of course. you watch Chelsea.
The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And my vote is for Michael Vorm. Swansea have allowed a 2nd to lowest, 4 goals at home in the EPL, a lot of it having to do with Vorm's exploits.

He's been top notch and I expect he and Krul to both challenge Steklenberg for Holland's No. 1 jersey before Euro's (hopefully).

teamorange wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

LeeEvans

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotta go with Michael Vorm. He has been absolutely fantastic this season, one of the best summer signings in the premier league.

That being said Krul and Hart have also been in brilliant form as well, and you could just as easily make a case for them.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to put an option for 'Other'.. and I know other keepers have done well so just write it in if you need to. I have a feeling this one will be fairly simple.

teamorange wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

91jmay

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vorm for me.

Krul has been very good from what I've seen. Wayno has been very good all year and spectacular today. Friedel is consistently brilliant, one of the most underrated Prem keepers in the leagues history. Not sure I agree with Ruddy. Always seems to be on the verge of a clanger a game and has dodgy hands.

Vorm though looks a total revelation.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
dotmotion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vorm has been absolute class. He got my vote.

I like this idea of doing each position individually. I was thinking about doing a top 25 list for PL players where we would each rank about maybe a list of 10-15 players and then compile all of them into a comprehensive list. I think General did this for their top 100 and Entertainment does it for their top 100 TV shows. However, my idea was just a set up to see if there was enough interest for a bigger list where we rank every player in the world at the end of this season. So instead, I will use this post as a gauge. How many of you guys would be interested in doing something like this.

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:

I like this idea of doing each position individually. I was thinking about doing a top 25 list for PL players where we would each rank about maybe a list of 10-15 players and then compile all of them into a comprehensive list. I think General did this for their top 100 and Entertainment does it for their top 100 TV shows. However, my idea was just a set up to see if there was enough interest for a bigger list where we rank every player in the world at the end of this season. So instead, I will use this post as a gauge. How many of you guys would be interested in doing something like this.

I'm down for something like this.

I think it looks like Vorm is the consensus choice. I'm going for Hart though, even though he has a superior team around him he is consistently brilliant.

The Friedel vote wasnt me, even though he has been very, very consistent for us all season. Superb signing by Harry.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
dotmotion wrote:

I'm down for something like this.

I think it looks like Vorm is the consensus choice. I'm going for Hart though, even though he has a superior team around him he is consistently brilliant.

The Friedel vote wasnt me, even though he has been very, very consistent for us all season. Superb signing by Harry.

Cool.. I'll put up CB's tomorrow evening while I'm at the Maryland game since I'll be playing with my new phone the whole time (4s) I've got most of them in my head already.. if there's a consensus #2 we'll just go with those two but will let the poll run for a day or so.

teamorange wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Imarobot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came down to Vorm, Krul, and Friedel for me. Ended up going with Vorm but I was very close to taking Krul. He's made fantastic save after fantastic save every time I've watched Newcastle.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vorm is a huge reason that Swansea are doing as well as they are. Gotta go with him.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoxSox2004 wrote:
Vorm is a huge reason that Swansea are doing as well as they are. Gotta go with him.

Vorm quite comfortably for me.

He has single handedly kept Swansea in multiple games this season.

Hell even when they got beat 3-0 by Man City he stopped it from being about 7.

Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose Krul , Vorm has been superb you can't go wrong.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Blahman88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krul has made World Class saves week in, week out, and I see him every week so I'll go with him, but Vorm is up there

Patro14

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I'd be the only one to vote for Vorm (or at least one of the few), I was glad to see he was the consensus vote.

Vorm has been class, consistent and is one of the reasons Swansea enjoys a non relegation spot.

Soy del barrio de La Boca

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: