Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EPL Thread Part IV
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dotmotion


Joined: 20 May 2008
Posts: 12043
Location: Vancouver
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: EPL Thread Part IV Reply with quote

Myan!!!!!! I'll bite on the (E) part for continuity.



ROAR
_________________


Last edited by dotmotion on Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yankee0724


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 19796
Location: RIP Tito
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO. I WAS ABOUT TO MAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
_________________
UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dotmotion


Joined: 20 May 2008
Posts: 12043
Location: Vancouver
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So....

Half-way point in the Premier League Season. How about a midterm report

Code:
1. Who has been the best signing for your team

2. Best signing in the overall league

3. Who has been the best player your team

4. Who needs to step it up to retain a place on your team

5. Which team has exceed your expectations

6. Which team has fell below your expectations


These are the first 6 questions that popped into my mind. Smile
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yankee0724


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 19796
Location: RIP Tito
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I guess I can't do Barca...Man U I guess.

1. Phil Jones
2. Sergio Aguero easily
3. Wayne Rooney
4. A lot of people
5. Swansea
6. Aston Villa I guess...everybody is kind of where I expected them really

No explanations because those are for sissies.
_________________
UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoxSox2004


Joined: 17 Mar 2010
Posts: 18740
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I'll bite.

1. Mikel Arteta. He's been the driving force in our midfield, battles all over the pitch and is involved in most of our attacks.

2. Scott Parker. They signed him for 5.5m, and he's been one of their top players. Still annoyed Arsenal couldn't get him.

3. Oh please. This one is easy.

4. Gervinho. For all his tricks and dribbles, he's incredibly indecisive when he gets in front of goal. I nearly broke my TV during his goal. He scored, but his habit of trying to walk it in every time is maddening. If we buy a winger in January, I could see Walcott getting the start over him.

5. Tottenham. They proved me wrong on a lot of predictions. Didn't think Modric would play well this season, didn't think Adebayor would fit into the squad.

6. Liverpool. I expected them to challenge for the CL, and possibly the title this season. Instead, they may not make the Europa league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yankee0724


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 19796
Location: RIP Tito
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoxSox2004 wrote:
Eh, I'll bite.

1. Mikel Arteta. He's been the driving force in our midfield, battles all over the pitch and is involved in most of our attacks.

2. Scott Parker. They signed him for 5.5m, and he's been one of their top players. Still annoyed Arsenal couldn't get him.

3. Oh please. This one is easy.

4. Gervinho. For all his tricks and dribbles, he's incredibly indecisive when he gets in front of goal. I nearly broke my TV during his goal. He scored, but his habit of trying to walk it in every time is maddening. If we buy a winger in January, I could see Walcott getting the start over him.

5. Tottenham. They proved me wrong on a lot of predictions. Didn't think Modric would play well this season, didn't think Adebayor would fit into the squad.

6. Liverpool. I expected them to challenge for the CL, and possibly the title this season. Instead, they may not make the Europa league.


Kieran Gibbs? I agree whole-heartedly.
_________________
UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dotmotion


Joined: 20 May 2008
Posts: 12043
Location: Vancouver
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
RoxSox2004 wrote:
Eh, I'll bite.

1. Mikel Arteta. He's been the driving force in our midfield, battles all over the pitch and is involved in most of our attacks.

2. Scott Parker. They signed him for 5.5m, and he's been one of their top players. Still annoyed Arsenal couldn't get him.

3. Oh please. This one is easy.

4. Gervinho. For all his tricks and dribbles, he's incredibly indecisive when he gets in front of goal. I nearly broke my TV during his goal. He scored, but his habit of trying to walk it in every time is maddening. If we buy a winger in January, I could see Walcott getting the start over him.

5. Tottenham. They proved me wrong on a lot of predictions. Didn't think Modric would play well this season, didn't think Adebayor would fit into the squad.

6. Liverpool. I expected them to challenge for the CL, and possibly the title this season. Instead, they may not make the Europa league.


Kieran Gibbs? I agree whole-heartedly.

I was thinking Squillaci
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29442
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Who has been the best signing for your team

Phil Jones

2. Best signing in the overall league

Juan Mata

3. Who has been the best player your team

Wayne Rooney

4. Who needs to step it up to retain a place on your team

Rio Ferdinand and Patrice Evra

5. Which team has exceed your expectations

Newcastle United

6. Which team has fallen below your expectations

Bolton
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17295
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Who has been the best signing for your team

Really tough one. It could be any of Parker, Friedel or Adebayor. Have to go for Scott though, he has transformed our midfield.

2. Best signing in the overall league

Scott Parker

3. Who has been the best player your team


Again this is tough, I'm going to go with Gareth Bale though.

4. Who needs to step it up to retain a place on your team


Nobody who I can think of in all honesty. They have all beeen putting in stellar performances

5. Which team has exceed your expectations

Newcastle United

6. Which team has fallen below your expectations

Aston Villa
_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
91jmay


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 24986
Location: Wonderland
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Who has been the best signing for your team
Jamie O'Hara.
He hasn't been brilliant but he has turned in some good performances and only cost 3.5 million

2. Best signing in the overall league
Demba Ba
14 goals on a free

3. Who has been the best player your team
Steven Fletcher
7 goals in 11 starts

4. Who needs to step it up to retain a place on your team
Most of team

5. Which team has exceed your expectations
Newcastle

6. Which team has fell below your expectations
Sunderland.
_________________
GoldieLocksDown wrote:
The premature E-Clapulators

Nickname for Sio Moore and Khalil Mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 44322
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So....

Half-way point in the Premier League Season. How about a midterm report

1. Who has been the best signing for your team
Juan Mata

2. Best signing in the overall league
Parker or Ba, more towards Ba since he was on a free

3. Who has been the best player your team
Juan Mata, Romeu is fighting for the spot now with the run he's on

4. Who needs to step it up to retain a place on your team
Drogba but he's gone in the summer, So its Torres

5. Which team has exceed your expectations
Newcastle, Swansea

6. Which team has fell below your expectations
Sunderland
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blahman88


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 25012
Location: Eagles Forum HOF + Gold Standard 2014, Bringer of the Cavalry
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Who has been the best signing for your team

Demba Ba

2. Best signing in the overall league

Demba Ba

3. Who has been the best player your team

Demba Ba

4. Who needs to step it up to retain a place on your team

Leon Best

5. Which team has exceed your expectations

Newcastle United

6. Which team has fell below your expectations

Bolton
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Wyzzinator


Moderator
Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 18097
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Who has been the best signing for your team

Mikel Arteta

2. Best signing in the overall league

Demba Ba or Scott Parker

3. Who has been the best player your team

Robin van Persie

4. Who needs to step it up to retain a place on your team

Aaron Ramsey

5. Which team has exceed your expectations

Tottenham Sad

6. Which team has fell below your expectations

Chelsea (Even though they're top 4, easily could be sitting in 5th/6th)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Wyzzinator


Moderator
Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 18097
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Suarez banned one match for flipping off Fulham fans so he'll miss the upcoming match against Newcastle.

Maybe not a racist, but the guy certainly is a tosser.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 44322
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
So Suarez banned one match for flipping off Fulham fans so he'll miss the upcoming match against Newcastle.

Maybe not a racist, but the guy certainly is a tosser.


Is that added on to his 8 game ban or did it get reduced, or its held off until he appeals.
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group