Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF Ballon D'Or
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Ballon d'Or
Lionel Messi
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
Cristiano Ronaldo
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Xavi Hernández
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Andrés Iniesta
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Robin van Persie
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Luis Suárez
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
David Silva
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nemanja Vidic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Thiago Silva
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Edinson Cavani
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Manuel Neuer
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Others
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23

dotmotion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: FF Ballon D'Or Reply with quote

Ballon d'Or
For Wyzz, sorry that I am infringing on your poll. I should have done this earlier...
I tried to only put in deserving players but I am sure everyone has their own opinions. So, these are the players that I choose. Deal with it. Also, you guys get to learn each players full names.
For the stats, no sites actually list 2011 stats. So, I had to add them up by hand. If I made any mistakes, my bad. Stats should be accurate as of December 27-28, 2011 and without stats from Friendlies

Lionel Andrés "Leo" Messi
FC Barcelona/Argentina

Summary
Lionel Messi has led Barcelona to another historical season winning La Liga, UEFA Champions League and a multitude of other trophies. This calender year, he has scored 56 goals in all competitions.

Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro
Real Madrid/Portugal

Summary
Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 57 goals in 2011 winning the Copa del Rey and making the UEFA CL Semi-Finals. He has came into this season on fire putting Real as La Liga leaders heading into the New Year. Playing well for Portugal, Ronaldo scored 5 goals qualifying his nation to the EURO 2012.

Xavier Hernández i Creus
FC Barcelona/Spain

Summary
The engine of the Barcelona machine, Xavi has 12 goals and 21 assist in all competition this calender year. With his stellar play, Barcelona has won multiple titles and led Spain through the EURO 2012 Qualifications.

Andrés Iniesta Luján
FC Barcelona/Spain

Summary
Another Barcelona star, Iniesta has scored 9 goals and assisted 15 in 2011. Spain and Barcelona have both benefited from his play this season winning trophies and qualifying for tournaments.

Robin van Persie
Arsenal/Netherlands

Summary
Anointed the Gunner's new captain this year, RVP has been able to single-handedly win games for the club. He has scored 43 goals this calender year bringing Arsenal past the CL group stages and Netherlands to the EURO 2012.

Luis Alberto Suárez Díaz
Liverpool/Uruguay

Summary
Luis Suarez has been a catalyst to Liverpool creating opportunities for him and his team. However, the main reason he is on my list is because of his performance in the Copa America. Winning the Player of the Tournament, he scored four goals for Uruguay.

David Josué Jiménez Silva
Manchester City/Spain

Summary
One of the most creative players in the Premier League, David Silva's dynamic play has lead City to a FA Cup and a brilliant start to the 2011/2012 Premier League season. He has scored 13 goals and assisted 18 in the year of 2011.

Nemanja Vidić
Manchester United/Serbia

Summary
Nemanja Vidic has shown that he is the rock in United's defense. United let in the 3rd least amount of goals winning the PL and making the UEFA Champions League final.

Thiago Emiliano da Silva
AC Milan/Brazil

Summary
A top defender, he lead AC Milan to the Supercoppa and Serie A glory. Last season, Milan conceded 15 less goals than the 2nd best defensive team in Italy.

Edinson Roberto Cavani Gómez
Napoli/Uruguay

Summary
Edinson Cavani is quickly growing as one of the brightest stars in world football. Cavani has scored 29 goals leading Uruguay to Copa America glory and Napoli to the CL's Round of 16.

Manuel Neuer
Schalke 04/Bayern Munich/Germany

Summary
A brilliant shot stopper, he enthralled viewers with spectacular performances leading Schalke to the semi-finals of the Champions League. An interesting stat: At the end of last season, for keepers with at least 100 games, he has only conceded 0.99/game, which is the lowest in German football history.

Others?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Van Persie, he's been unstoppable this year.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arsenal would be in the relegation zone without Van Persie. He's by far the most valuable player of the ones listed.
The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta go with my heart and say Robin. We'd be bottom half without him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Messi
Ronaldo
Van Persie

Adopt-A-Duck
Byron Marshall: 168 carries, 1038 yds, 14TDs, 13 rec, 155 yds
Thomas Tyner: 115 carries, 711 yds, 9TDs, 14 rec, 124 yds
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu: 84 tackles, 9 PD, 3 INT
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Messi

RVP

anyone else

Deadpulse on the sig
yankee0724

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Messi
Ronaldo
RVP

UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

#DIJ
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ballon d'or, MVP is a football is unique. First it encompasses both World and league club and tournaments both domestic along with continental. Unlike the NFL, NBA, NHL or MLB. Also qualifiers for those are also taken into account. All of the aspects of a players game have really been combined since both the awards were merged. Also, unlike the NFL or MLB, the calendar year has effect, the players must keep consistant play with the remaining club games, tournaments and then a beginning of their new club season. Their club and tournament opponents are of a variety with the calendar year even if the clubs in the league are the same as the previous. My approach is simple for deciding that best player. It's the player of whom I could detract and the success of the club and country would be the least successful. My opinion is that Van Persie's run of 37 or something goals and his integral part to Arsenal is huge. However, Arsenal are just 5th or 6th and were lower before with him. He was part of their drop into the lower half and he's did his best to put them in a Champions League placement. I would really hope, that's what you're supposed to do and want to be one considered as one of the best. You contributed in them dropping, even if it wasn't your fault, now get them up if you're a great player. You don't get a great award like Ballon for that. Arsenal would be likely be at midtable without him anyway given the measure of inconsistant play of clubs 10-20 in the Premiership. Messi gets the obvious thought. However Barcelona have such great complimentaries, it's easy to imagine they would be at least 2nd or win their league even without him. They would likely make the Champions League quarters or semis. It's also easy to imagine that he wouldn't score as many goals without playing with these players. They command almost as much attention as he does and somebody would be scoring the goals at Barcelona. After all, wouldn't the supposed best player in the world, dominate Copa in his country, will the Argentina team who has a 10th best FIFA placement to greatness, maybe just score a goal or could a Forlan and a Suarez equal a Messi, maybe even a Sergio Aguero is enough. Cristiano Ronaldo would get my vote. Real Madrid made the Champions League semis and I could not imagine them getting as near without him. He matches Messi in scoring year to year and without the equally similar complimentaries. Scoring goals with equal finesse as Messi, yet unlike him, also with power, setting up goals, free kicks, heading, a breadth and depth unlike any player in the world. Lionel may command more attention, Cristiano does command more in comparison with the other players on Real Madrid. Portugal made Europe with Cristiano at the forefront. Messi couldn't drive his country to 5th place in a tournament played in his nation and which had mostly sub 50th best FIFA nations. Cristiano Ronaldo is the most deserving of the award in my opinion.
ukjets21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoxSox2004 wrote:
Arsenal would be in the relegation zone without Van Persie. He's by far the most valuable player of the ones listed.

Don't give El Rey ammunition. That said it's RVP for me.

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went RvP as well. Mainly because I am sick of Messi winning it haha. Xavi would probably be my number two.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, for those who voted for Van Persie, he didn't make the group of 23. The group of 3 is just Messi, Xavi and Cristiano Ronaldo. Don't know why some of you voted for him, would be great to get some unbiased explanation in this here thread.
The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleLion wrote:
Also, for those who voted for Van Persie, he didn't make the group of 23. The group of 3 is just Messi, Xavi and Cristiano Ronaldo. Don't know why some of you voted for him, would be great to get some unbiased explanation in this here thread.

Pretty sure some of the people who voted for him hate Arsenal so I'd assume it's unbiased.

And this is FF Balon D'or not FIFA. It's just a poll amongst fans.

I'd imagine the folks who voted Van Persie saw this as more of a "most valuable to their team" i.e MVP type of award in which case you can make an argument for Van Persie.

There's not much fun in a "best player in the world" argument these days...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleLion wrote:

Neymar also made the group of 23. Should show you how legitimate it is.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleLion wrote:
Quote:
Ballon d'Or
For Wyzz, sorry that I am infringing on your poll. I should have done this earlier...
I tried to only put in deserving players but I am sure everyone has their own opinions. So, these are the players that I choose. Deal with it.

It's just a list of the top players in the world who weren't necessarily in the top three. We wanted to vote on all the top players not just the one FIFA gave us to vote on. It is always Messi, Xavi and Ronaldo and quite frankly it is boring.

I went RvP because he is a new option and, more importantly, he scored 35 goals in the calender year of 2011. That is an amazing accomplishment and he has literally carried this Arsenal side at times. When Arsenal looked like they were sliding down the table and would possibly miss out on a top four spot it was Van Persie they relied on. Messi and Ronaldo may have better stats but Van Persie was a one man team for most of the start to the season.

I was also unbiased when I voted, Xavi is one of my favorite players to watch and I am in no way an Arsenal fan.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
PurpleLion wrote:
Pretty sure some of the people who voted for him hate Arsenal so I'd assume it's unbiased. And this is FF Balon D'or not FIFA. It's just a poll amongst fans. I'd imagine the folks who voted Van Persie saw this as more of a "most valuable to their team" i.e MVP type of award in which case you can make an argument for Van Persie. There's not much fun in a "best player in the world" argument these days...
The comments are Premiership biased, he's won it too much biased and biased against somebody here who is a huge Real Madrid fan, not meaning me. Would be great to get any unbiased explanation or any kind of one at all. Some of you just threw up the player named Van Persie and he stuck. The nearest was you going with your heart and that's quite understandable and valid. I didn't even know the 23 players and vote who was the best based just on merit. Anything else and it just becomes a popularity contest, then why even have a thread with a title of Ballon d'or in the heading.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: