Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF Ballon D'Or
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Ballon d'Or
Lionel Messi
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
Cristiano Ronaldo
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Xavi Hernández
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Andrés Iniesta
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Robin van Persie
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Luis Suárez
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
David Silva
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nemanja Vidic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Thiago Silva
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Edinson Cavani
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Manuel Neuer
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Others
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23

yankee0724

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleLion wrote:
Also, for those who voted for Van Persie, he didn't make the group of 23. The group of 3 is just Messi, Xavi and Cristiano Ronaldo. Don't know why some of you voted for him, would be great to get some unbiased explanation in this here thread.

*Reads title*

FF Ballon D'Or

PurpleLion, you're taking this too seriously...

And Lee, If I did the math right, Messi scored 43 goals in 2011. So 35 isn't that impressive Cool #swag

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ 42 goals! (35 EPL)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleLion wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:
PurpleLion wrote:
Also, for those who voted for Van Persie, he didn't make the group of 23. The group of 3 is just Messi, Xavi and Cristiano Ronaldo. Don't know why some of you voted for him, would be great to get some unbiased explanation in this here thread.
Pretty sure some of the people who voted for him hate Arsenal so I'd assume it's unbiased. And this is FF Balon D'or not FIFA. It's just a poll amongst fans. I'd imagine the folks who voted Van Persie saw this as more of a "most valuable to their team" i.e MVP type of award in which case you can make an argument for Van Persie. There's not much fun in a "best player in the world" argument these days...
The comments are Premiership biased, he's won it too much biased and biased against somebody here who is a huge Real Madrid fan, not meaning me. Would be great to get any unbiased explanation or any kind of one at all. Some of you just threw up the player named Van Persie and he stuck. The nearest was you going with your heart and that's quite understandable and valid. I didn't even know the 23 players and vote who was the best based just on merit. Anything else and it just becomes a popularity contest, then why even have a thread with a title of Ballon d'or in the heading.
You literally aren't making any sense. First of all Messi is winning this poll at the moment and has twice as many votes as RvP. Someone did not just throw his name out there and people started voting. The man scored 35 goals on a team who has relied on him all season, people tend to notice when someone is playing so well and scoring so many goals.

Van Persie had a fantastic year in 2011 and absolutely deserves to be in contention for this award. He has scored an unbelievable amount of goals and was only one goal short of a premier league record. The fact he is playing on a team with significantly less talent than Real or Barca also has some merit in my opinion. Barca could probably get on alright without Messi despite how fantastic he is but if you took away Van Persie from Arsenal right now they would be in shambles.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
yankee0724

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
^ 42 goals! (35 EPL)

Ok. The 43 were only La Liga goals. 55 if you count all competitions. Cool #swaggedout

Quote:
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
^ 42 goals! (35 EPL)
Yeah he scored 42 goals in total, 35 of which were in the premier league. It's actually pretty amazing. Messi was phenomenal I am not trying to doubt that and Ronaldo had some unbelievable numbers as well but Robin Van Persie didn't have a Xavi, Iniesta, Ozil, Di Maria, Xabi Alonso, etc to supply him with great service.

kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:
^ 42 goals! (35 EPL)

Ok. The 43 were only La Liga goals. 55 if you count all competitions. Cool #swaggedout

1 goal in EPL is equal to 2 in La Liga.....

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
yankee0724

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:
^ 42 goals! (35 EPL)

Go away troll.

Quote:
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:
^ 42 goals! (35 EPL)

What is the ratio for goals in Holland? Like 8 goals to 1?

PurpleLion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
PurpleLion wrote:
*Reads title* FF Ballon D'Or PurpleLion, you're taking this too seriously... And Lee, If I did the math right, Messi scored 43 goals in 2011. So 35 isn't that impressive Cool #swag
FF-Forum members + Ballon d'or-best player in the world = who the forum members think is the best player in the world. It's not your favorite, not your hero, not the most likable, it's who is the best. I know what you mean, the best 3 always include the same relvolving 4 or 5 guys. Well, that's why they are the best. I don't understand the Ballon d'or thread, could very well have been named my favorite player.
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
PurpleLion wrote:
*Reads title* FF Ballon D'Or PurpleLion, you're taking this too seriously... And Lee, If I did the math right, Messi scored 43 goals in 2011. So 35 isn't that impressive Cool #swag
FF-Forum members + Ballon d'or-best player in the world = who the forum members think is the best player in the world. It's not your favorite, not your hero, not the most likable, it's who is the best. I know what you mean, the best 3 always include the same relvolving 4 or 5 guys. Well, that's why they are the best. I don't understand the Ballon d'or thread, could very well have been named my favorite player.
kempus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
kempus wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:
^ 42 goals! (35 EPL)

Go away troll.

Lets be honest, I could score a hattrick against Zaragoza with Iniesta, Xavi et al passing me the ball....

yankee0724

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleLion wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
PurpleLion wrote:

Ballon D'or goes to the best player over the past season. Some people obviously felt it was RVP. And he pretty much carried Arsenal on his back, so I don't really blame them.

kempus wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
kempus wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:
^ 42 goals! (35 EPL)

Go away troll.

Lets be honest, I could score a hattrick against Zaragoza with Iniesta, Xavi et al passing me the ball....

Go away troll.

Quote:
kempus

PurpleLion wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
PurpleLion wrote:

Its who we think deserves the award for the best player in the last year. Not who is the best player in the world, very different scenario.

RoxSox2004

The level of competition in the PL is far greater than that of La Liga. With the concentration of talent on Madrid and Barca is too much for other teams to cope with.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleLion wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
PurpleLion wrote:
You really aren't getting the point that Robin Van Persie deserves to be in the top three are you? I don't care who FIFA told us are the top three. Robin Van Persie has been a man possessed in 2011 and deserves to be mentioned with the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and Xavi. It isn't like we voted for Shola Amoebi or something, the lad has scored 35 goals on an average Arsenal squad! I'd like to see Messi score 35 EPL goals with that side.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: