Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EPL: Mid-season First XI (Defensive Midfield)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Mid-Season EPL First Choice DM
Yaya Toure, Manchester City
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Gareth Barry, Manchester City
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Scott Parker, Tottenham Hotspur
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Alex Song, Arsenal
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Phil Jones, Manchester United
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Lucas Leiva, Liverpool
46%
 46%  [ 12 ]
Oriol Romeu, Chelsea
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Jack Rodwell, Everton
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (Please specify)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 26

Imarobot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came down to Lucas and Parker for me and I went with Lucas. Romeu deserves a shout out though. He's greatly exceeded all expectations this year and soon will be one of the best defensive mids in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yaya for me, then song, parker, leiva right behind him

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chipped in with Parker....Quite suprised at how well hes settled in and played at Spurs this season TBH.

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

22 people have voted on this, do we even have 22 people who post in the forum Shocked

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
AlexM23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Scott Parker here

Kiltman on the sig
RavensWin520

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucas.

Romeu has no business being on the list. He hasn't improved the team's offense or defense. Any forward pass past ten yards usually goes to the wrong team and he over pursues and gets caught out of position. But since he is young and from barca announcers hype him. In reality he has made no positive impact since being inserted into the side.

He has potential but has done nothing different than mikel yet except have worse positioning.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are just wrong. I remember you saying earlier in the year how good Mikel is. Romeu is already twice the player Mikel is.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
You are just wrong. I remember you saying earlier in the year how good Mikel is. Romeu is already twice the player Mikel is.
Please give a thorough comparison of two players. List each players strengths and weaknessesPlease highlight all of the positive moments Romeu has made with key plays etc. shouldn't be too hard.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't need to waste my time. No sane person thinks that Mikel is Chelsea quality. He has no confidence on the ball and is mediocre defender. Oh, and he never makes any attempt to move the ball forward, but hell he's great at passing backwards to the CBs. Oh but that's right, you think he's the best passer on the team.

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
I don't need to waste my time. No sane person thinks that Mikel is Chelsea quality. He has no confidence on the ball and is mediocre defender. Oh, and he never makes any attempt to move the ball forward, but hell he's great at passing backwards to the CBs. Oh but that's right, you think he's the best passer on the team.

I have to agree with you robot, Mikel is so negative it has a really bad impact upon he team. He is not a good player in the slightest.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish Mikel was apart of ACN, damn Nigeria for not qualifying

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Imarobot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
Wish Mikel was apart of ACN, damn Nigeria for not qualifying

It's not like it matters anyways, he won't play. He's about 3rd in line behind Romeu and Meireles(who isn't even a defensive mid, which shows you how good Mikel is.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So just like I figured you can't explain why Romeu is so good or how he has impacted Chelsea for the better. But the announcers hype him up and he is from barca so he must be.

Mikel gets bashed for playing negative, which he does, when Romeu makes the same passes. He makes the short simple passes and the majority of his attacking passes are intercepted. Can't bash one guy for something when the other guy does the same thing. The difference is mikel is much better defensively. Go watch the 3-1 arsenal game from last year to see what type of impact he makes. Romeu is a bad 1 v 1 defender while also being out of position too much. I think he will be really good but he isn't a good player right now at cdm. He is very technically sound and comfortable on the ball and can make negative passes quicker than mikel. That's his strength. Not that important for a cdm. Right now Romeu is extremely overrated. I remember watching one game where I noticed him caught out of position 3 times in the first 15 minutes of the game yet the announcer was still raving about him because he is good with the ball at his feet. Wish he was raving about his defensive ability instead.

Mikel doesn't fit with avb's preferred playing style because his biggest weakness is being slow on the ball (like a lot of chelsea players) and Avb wants to go quickly from defense from d to o which has worked great.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay save banter for the next round of voting but first I need some opinions.

Of the 5 positions left, I'm not necessarily looking to form some amazing formation that makes sense on paper, rather just identify the top players positionally. Given that, I'm assuming I should have 2 strikers in the team, and if I include 'wingers' as attacking midfielders, we could have 3 attacking midfielders, and one deeper lying midfielder.

Even though it'd be a standard '4-4-2' and probably wouldn't make sense on paper, it would avoid snubbing someone who's more deserved due to the fact that if I go strictly with LW, RW, it will limit options significantly since a lot of players i.e Mata/Silva are hard to define.

(It also means Kempus rage if Bale doesn't make the team)

Alternate opinions welcome before I start compiling my players once I get back to my place later.

teamorange wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
This game wasnt that bad. Ive seen much worse.

Of course. you watch Chelsea.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
Okay save banter for the next round of voting but first I need some opinions.

Of the 5 positions left, I'm not necessarily looking to form some amazing formation that makes sense on paper, rather just identify the top players positionally. Given that, I'm assuming I should have 2 strikers in the team, and if I include 'wingers' as attacking midfielders, we could have 3 attacking midfielders, and one deeper lying midfielder.

Even though it'd be a standard '4-4-2' and probably wouldn't make sense on paper, it would avoid snubbing someone who's more deserved due to the fact that if I go strictly with LW, RW, it will limit options significantly since a lot of players i.e Mata/Silva are hard to define.

(It also means Kempus rage if Bale doesn't make the team)

Alternate opinions welcome before I start compiling my players once I get back to my place later.
I would just do a 4-4-2. If it looks stupid on paper it doesn't matter. The best XI's never actually would work in real life. I would do an attacking midfielder poll and then a winger/attacking midfielder poll after that for the wingers.

The night is dark and full of terrors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: