Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants select S Landon Collins with 2nd round pick
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gmen

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Giants select S Landon Collins with 2nd round pick Reply with quote

6'0" 225.

Big in the box safety. Good pick at a position of need.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
bigbluefan80

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pick but it was not necessary to trade up to get him.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbluefan80 wrote:

?? I dont think he would have made it to our pick. Skins, Bears, Jags and Raiders is where I think he could have landed. Glad we stepped up.
Elitist10

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbluefan80 wrote:

I could've seen the redskins taking him, if they feel strongly enough about him.. not worth the risk, not over a 4th and 7th rounder
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbluefan80 wrote:

How do you know that?? Laughing

I love the pick. Good price too. I like to see the aggression from the Giants
Acgott

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like that we didn't overpay to move up to get a player we wanted.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byrdman wrote:
bigbluefan80 wrote:

?? I dont think he would have made it to our pick. Skins, Bears, Jags and Raiders is where I think he could have landed. Glad we stepped up.

Rotoworld had a post about how the Steelers were talking to the Titans to trade up to draft him to...so...there's that. Just another team who wanted him.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elitist10 wrote:
bigbluefan80 wrote:

I could've seen the redskins taking him, if they feel strongly enough about him.. not worth the risk, not over a 4th and 7th rounder

This draft has absolutely zero - read: ZERO- to be b!tching about. And yet, I haven't seen you type one positive thing in two days. Every single team in front of us needs safety help. No you're right, no way he made it to us without trading up.

On top of that, history tells us just the trade in and of itself probably afforded me - all of us - more excitement for 90 seconds than that 4th rounder likely would have in his career.
Elitist10

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
Elitist10 wrote:
bigbluefan80 wrote:

This draft has absolutely zero - read: ZERO- to be b!tching about. And yet, I haven't seen you type one positive thing in two days. Every single team in front of us needs safety help. No you're right, no way he made it to us without trading up.

On top of that, history tells us just the trade in and of itself probably afforded me - all of us - more excitement for 90 seconds than that 4th rounder likely would have in his career.

Wait were you talking to me or the guy I quoted? If me than I think you misunderstood my post lol
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/5-reasons-Giants-drafted-Safety-Landon-Collins/4e1ff438-ca68-474d-bf36-0c3869749b44

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elitist10 wrote:
dkebones wrote:
Elitist10 wrote:
bigbluefan80 wrote:

Wait were you talking to me or the guy I quoted? If me than I think you misunderstood my post lol

I'm 99% sure he's talking about bigbluefan80 Razz

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Elitist10 wrote:
dkebones wrote:
Elitist10 wrote:
bigbluefan80 wrote:

ermmm... i bounced out of the office early to, well, you know, take part in "le celebracion," so i'd been, well, celebrating by the time i wrote my post.

honestly, i just totally misread your post and thought you were saying it wasn't worth the 4th/7th to go up and get him.

my bad. Anxious Smile
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasn't been said yet, but with Dwayne Harris and now Landon Collins we have the best gunner duo in the NFL for the punt team. Hopefully that means we won't have to worry about Sproles or anyone else breaking any long punt returns on us this year.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Elitist10

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Elitist10 wrote:
dkebones wrote:
Elitist10 wrote:
bigbluefan80 wrote:

ermmm... i bounced out of the office early to, well, you know, take part in "le celebracion," so i'd been, well, celebrating by the time i wrote my post.

honestly, i just totally misread your post and thought you were saying it wasn't worth the 4th/7th to go up and get him.

my bad. Anxious Smile

No I re read my post and I can definitely see how it was taken that way lol what I meant was if WE felt strongly about Landon Collins we shouldn't risk waiting for him over not wanting to lose a 4th and 7th

I'm thrilled we did something about the safety position, and hope we're not quite done just yet there, would like to a FS like Josh Shaw late to come in and compete or my dream scenario.. after the draft we trade a pick next year to the Browns for Tashaun Gipson but that's unlikely
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony Harris led the nation in interceptions 2 years back and could be had with our 5th round pick, possibly even the 6th. He visited with us as well. I think you're right in that we will draft another DB.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: