Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

John Jerry set to make a huge jump in 2016

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
embmnyg999

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: John Jerry set to make a huge jump in 2016 Reply with quote

The LeCharles Bentley camp experience has transformed John Jerry into a much better guard. Keep in mind, John Jerry did not allow a single sack or QB hit at RG in 2015 (he only allowed 2 hits, both at LG not RG. 0 sacks on the year)

A big year in 2016 means the Giants likely re-sign him to start again in 2017 and beyond. Experience, continuity, and prototype RG skill set in McAdoo's scheme.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richburg and Pugh have both vouched for him this offseason, and I believe them. That Lecharles Bentley camp is legit. I wish all of our linemen would go there and train in the offseason. I agree, I think Jerry is gonna start at RG for us and perform very well. Whether we end up signing Monroe or not, I'm confident in 4/5 spots with a high outlook on the other. Think our OL is poised for a great year.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could definitely see this. When you guys played us I noticed your RG playing really well and I went to look up who it was cause I forgot and it was John Jerry.

I also saw he was working with Bentley since I saw him on twitter. Bentley is supposed to be a great o-line coach/teacher, so that's good he worked with him.

Your interior will definitely be one of the better ones in the NFL if Jerry can be a good starter.

I'm still not sure about Flowers at LT and Newhouse though.
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good to see but would love him improve as a mauler in the run game. For a big man he has played soft. I've read alot of good things about the Bentley camp. Hopefully it pans out (and they should house Marshall there for a while).

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
embmnyg999

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://insidefootball.com/2016/06/new-york-giants-blog-bits-ol-john-jerry/
embmnyg999

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q. Are you going back there before training camp?
A: Oh yeah. Hopefully Iíll be able to get a full month in before training camp. Thatís what Iím looking forward to.
embmnyg999

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how John Jerry is busy spending his summer, in July

https://twitter.com/OLineWorld65/status/753017055364775936

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: