Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Things Other Than the Redskins Thread 4.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
Do you guys who live around DC (most of you, probably) know who Doug Hill is? Just wondering.

The meteorologist?

Yep! I met him before. I actually rang him up (I work at Walmart). He doesn't live far from my house (like, 20 minutes or so). He's a really nice guy. Very approachable.
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 52 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 9 catches, 46 yards... and a fumble
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
11-31, 17.5 GB, 9.5 GB from taking the 8 seed.

They are 7-3 over their last ten. If they play that way the rest of the way, they'd end up 39-43. If the rest of the league plays how they have to date while the Wizards go on this massive hot streak, the Wizards would be 0.476, which would be good for the 13th worst record in the NBA. Out of the playoffs and out of position for a decent draft pick.

Okay, let's say the Celtics stumble, and the Wizards make the 8th seed. That would be an incredible achievement ... which would earn them a first round date with the Heat. Do you honestly believe they have a chance there?

To make the 7th seed would require the Wizards to run the table basically (a stretch run of 34-6 would make them 45-37, or 0.549).

In short, they'd be better off crashing and focusing on next season instead of "winning" the tenth pick overall.
so you are suggenting they tank the second half of the season? john wall and company will not do that.

Won't, but should.

Quote:
This team, if healthy, as constructed is a playoff team. They should be better next year after making a few moves and with a lottery pick this summer. I'd have to say they look a whole lot better than the caps right now and the Wizards future actually looks brighter, which is shocking to me but its true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZfZ8uWaOFI&t=214
Woz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://goldengatesports.com/2013/01/29/breaking-news-melky-cabrera-bartolo-colon-gio-gonzalez-a-rod-among-players-who-received-peds-from-miami-clinic/?utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_campaign=bc6d44133a-my_google_analytics_key&utm_medium=email

Gio Gonzalez has reportedly received PEDs from a Miami clinic. He has denied this report. This will be something to keep our eyes on in the future.

He's denied it, but yeah, this is ungood.

Read an interesting article that asked the question: if the tests didn't catch these guys and the punishments that came with the tests didn't deter them, what now? If losing a third of a season on your first failure wasn't enough to make guys think twice (and if all of the people alleged to have taken drugs from the firm is any evidence, they didn't), how can you fix the regime?

And who took stuff in the NFL?
Woz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
Do you guys who live around DC (most of you, probably) know who Doug Hill is? Just wondering.

The meteorologist?

Yep! I met him before. I actually rang him up (I work at Walmart). He doesn't live far from my house (like, 20 minutes or so). He's a really nice guy. Very approachable.

I'd hope so. I mean, you're a weather guy. You really don't have a reason to be a jerk, especially when you're visibly wrong regularly. Wink Laughing
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My nephew was just named by Baseball America as the #9 pick out of the NCAA II for the MLB draft this year.

See the link below:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/college/season-preview/2013/2614591.html

Quote:
9. John-Austin Shepard, rhp, Tusculum (Tenn.): Closer mentality, 6-foot-4, 215-pound frame and aggressiveness help his 88-92 mph fastball, hard 80-82 mph slider play up.

Personally I've clocked his fastball at 89-93

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Woz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
My nephew was just named by Baseball America as the #9 pick out of the NCAA II for the MLB draft this year.

See the link below:

Quote:
9. John-Austin Shepard, rhp, Tusculum (Tenn.): Closer mentality, 6-foot-4, 215-pound frame and aggressiveness help his 88-92 mph fastball, hard 80-82 mph slider play up.

Any other tasty nits in there? Wink Laughing
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

See the link below:

Quote:

Any other tasty nits in there? Wink Laughing

TONS!!! Laughing

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@MichaelLee
Bradley Beal has been named to Rising Star Talent pool for NBA all-star weekend. Keeping #wizards streak alive after John Wall has moved on

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*whistles*

Felix Hernandez just got PAID.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2013/02/07/seattle-mariners-felix-hernandez-contract-highest-paid-pitcher/1899241/
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizards beat the Knicks last night! Cool

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/wizards-snap-knicks-five-game-023056531--nba.html

Quote:
John Wall had 21 points and nine assists, Trevor Ariza scored a season-high 20 points, and the Wizards snapped the New York Knicks' five-game winning streak with a 106-96 victory Wednesday night. Washington held the Knicks, who had won the last 10 meetings, to just nine 3-pointers. In the previous two games, New York had 33.

Washington had six players score in double figures for the fourth time this season. Martell Webster added 19 points, Nene had 13 points and 10 rebounds, Emeka Okafor scored 12 and Chris Singleton 10.
I like this team. I hope they don't make any trades and just add a top 5 draft pick this offseason, and re-sign Martell Webster. I'm glad Chris Singleton is finally getting some more playing time. I never understood why he was benched in the first place, he's a good defender and has developed as a decent offensive player over the past year.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/wp/2013/02/06/wizards-receive-lift-from-reserves/

Wizards receive lift from Ariza and Singleton

Quote:
The Washington Wizards were trailing the New York Knicks by three points heading into the fourth quarter, and their bench had provided only a little boost thanks to Trevor Ariza‘s three-point shooting en route to a season-high 20 points.

In the fourth quarter, Ariza and reserve forward Chris Singleton combined to score half of the Wizards’ points, and their contributions went a long way to securing a 106-96 win that was Washington’s fifth this season against a division leader.

“Those are the best teams I guess,” Ariza said. “I don’t think it’s something we intend to do. We just try to play hard every night.”

Singleton scored nine of his 10 points in the fourth quarter on 4-for-5 shooting, and Ariza added nine points in making 3 of 4 shots, including two three-pointers. Those backups, along with starting point guard John Wall, combined for 28 of the Wizards’ 36 points in the fourth quarter to push Washington to its seventh win at Verizon Center in eight games.

Here is something ironic... Laughing

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/wp/2013/02/06/rasheed-wallace-on-washington-bullets-we-couldve-did-a-lot-of-things/

Here's a visit from what could of been the last two decades for the wizards... My uncle and I were just talking on Saturday about how good the bullets could have been in the mid 90s till the mid 2000's if they had just kept the players they drafted and kept Chris Webber. Funny that there was an article by Michael Lee about it yesterday! Laughing

Rasheed Wallace on Washington Bullets: ‘We could’ve did a lot of things’

Quote:
"Every time I'm back here, people say, 'Man, why'd you leave?' " Wallace said, shaking his head, at Wednesday’s morning shootaround at Verizon Center. "It wasn't up to me."

Wallace still blames former Bullets General Manager John Nash for his exit after one season with the team, but Nash had resigned before Wes Unseld eventually shipped him to Portland for point guard Rod Strickland and forward Harvey Grant in one of those promising-big-for-fading-small deals that the franchise was so accustomed to making in the 1990s (ahem, Chris Webber for Mitch Richmond.

The Bullets were stocked with front-court talent back then, with Chris Webber, Juwan Howard, Gheorghe Muresan, Jim McIlvaine and Bob McCann and Wallace was often viewed as a luxury. Wallace started 51 games as a rookie, getting a lot of time at power forward as Webber recovered from a dislocated left shoulder, but he also dealt with troubles on and off the court in his short stint with the Bullets. He also didn't need much time to establish a reputation for berating NBA officials, and had been mentioned in trade rumors since January of that season.

We would have been one heck of a front like with Wallace at Center, Webber at PF and Howard starting at SF but playing some minutes at PF when giving Webber and Wallace a break.

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:

See the link below:

Quote:

Damn Thai I missed this. Congrats man, thats awesome!
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

See the link below:

Quote:

Damn Thai I missed this. Congrats man, thats awesome!

Same here. Congrats Thai. Keep postin on him.

And anybody on here follow ODU football? 118th ranked recruiting class. But it really doesnt seem all that bad truly. Alot of Juco players
Interesting to see a team try to build from nothing like USF did.
Majority of their players are from NY, Cal, Texas. Surprised they didnt try to stock up on local talent of that area down there. Only 3 or 4 from there.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
Marcus21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:

See the link below:

Quote:

WOW thats nice!!! I live about 15 mins from Greenville TN where Tusculum College is located. If he is still there, I will try and watch him play.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great win tonight by the wizards vs the nets! This team keeps rolling, I love it!

Big games from Nene (20 PTs, 11 Rebs, 2 blks) and Wall (15 PTs and a game high 9 asts)led us to a huge victory!

We are 9-7 with Wall on our team now!

Three in a row vs three of the best teams in the nba! Very Happy

http://www.nba.com/wizards/#/games/20130208/BKNWAS/gameinfo.html

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) The Washington Wizards held the Brooklyn Nets without a field goal for nearly nine minutes during the first half, survived a second-half slump and held on for an 89-74 victory Friday night in their latest win over a team near the top of the standings.

Nene had 20 points and 11 rebounds, John Wall added 15 points and nine assists, and Martell Webster scored 16 points for the Wizards, who have one of the worst records in the NBA but have nevertheless taken eight of their last nine at home - a stretch that includes wins over Oklahoma City, Atlanta, Chicago, New York and the Los Angeles Clippers.

Woz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the Wizards need to do is go 30-3 the rest of the way to make the playoffs. Well, with a lot of help, they could make it in with as little as 23-10.

Somehow, I don't see that happening.

Of course, if they go 0.563 the rest of the way, they'll end up at 33-49, which will be good for a nice 0.402 record, and 10th overall pick, if they're lucky.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 76 of 100

Jump to: