Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bringing the Toffees to the top: A FM Story
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there he is folks, buying and selling at a rate that would make Benitez proud, even demanding a transfer funds kitty a la Rafa. January 5, 2012, Everton sack Thompsen after a subpar run of results, Sam Allardyce named as the new manager at Everton.
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleLion wrote:
And there he is folks, buying and selling at a rate that would make Benitez proud, even demanding a transfer funds kitty a la Rafa. January 5, 2012, Everton sack Thompsen after a subpar run of results, Sam Allardyce named as the new manager at Everton.

You have to be the most argumentative poster in the soccer forum, its hillarious Laughing

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
Tim Howard: "I can't take credit for that goal. The wind helped it in." - Manchester City are now preparing a 45m bid for the wind

Laughing Sig worthy.
yankee0724

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleLion wrote:

Yeah man...those 4 transfers are brutal. And I didn't demand a transfer kitty?

Just go away or learn to troll. Seriously, you're terrible at it.

But here it is anyway.

I ended Drenthe's loan because he was taking playing time away from more deserving players.

I bought Vrsaljko because I felt Coleman would be better for me as a RM. Torres is my future striker. He isn't ready yet, so he was going to backup Saha and play in cup games.

Eriksen was a necessary buy. The team just lacks a real playmaker in the midfield.

Benitez was a panic buy. I put in a bid for him since Saha went down for 3 months and Torres isn't ready to be in the PL.

Actually tried to sell some players, but wasn't getting the offers I wanted.

It should be a decently tough season with 3 regular starters trying to assimilate into the team. Hopefully I don't miss my target in making the Europa League this season.

Doubt I'll have much of a transfer budget for next season since I have about $20m to pay over varying lengths of time.

Hopefully I'll get two updates in here tomorrow.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody is trolling, you don't want any negative comments, then don't make a thread. Your whole thread is ridiculous anyway, the ambiguous build up, it belongs in the football games thread. If everybody made a thread like this, well then people would be talking even less football than already. The illness comment was insensitive, a well known player who had played for Everton died at 46 on New Years Day from the same. I wouldn't expect you to have known of him given your youth and knack for football in the fantasy world.

Last edited by PurpleLion on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
yankee0724

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

September 2nd, 2011

My first month in the bag. What a feeling! I have to say I was relieved when David announced he was misdiagnosed with colon cancer; that really helped ease the mood in the locker room. When I went out and introduced myself to the players, a couple laughed at the club hiring a manager with absolutely no experience, but Phil Neville put them in their place - I made the right choice leaving him as the club captain.

The league was buzzing after we beat Q.P.R. 1-0 to start the season off. I remember Warnock saying to me after the match that perhaps Everton were on to something with me. Next up was Coventry in the Carling Cup. It was only the second round, so I wasn't expecting any real challenge, but was still ecstatic when we picked up a 4-1 away win. Four days later, Blackburn parked the bus and gave us a ton of trouble. Phil got sent off twelve minutes into the second half, making things even harder. But we eventually got the breakthrough when new signing Christian Eriksen hit a magnificent strike from outside the box to give us the 1-0 win.

League Table

Quote:
yankee0724

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleLion wrote:
Nobody is trolling, you don't want any negative comments, then don't make a thread. Your whole thread is ridiculous anyway, the ambiguous build up, it belongs in the football games thread. Even the illness comment was insensitive, a well known player who had played for Everton died at 46 on New Years Day from the same. I wouldn't expect you to have known of him given your youth and knack for football in the fantasy world.

There's a difference between a negative comment and poor trolling.

"January 5th, 2012, Everton sack Thompsen after a run of subpar results" ^ That is poor trolling.

I was unaware that colon cancer was the same as non-Hodgkin lymphoma. I guess you really do learn something new every day. By the way, it was never going to be cancer anyway, regardless of if Kempus thought it too serious or not. I was just going to add it to the preseason update post, instead of a seperate one.Knack for football in the fantasy world? I don't know if that's a compliment or an insult.

Get off your high horse. If you don't like my idea, then don't read the thread. Problem solved.

Anyway, does anybody have constructive criticism, or suggestions, questions, comments, etc?

And if Lee or Rab finds this ridiculous and unnecessary, they can go ahead and delete it. Won't bother me.

Quote:
dotmotion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleLion wrote:
Nobody is trolling, you don't want any negative comments, then don't make a thread. Your whole thread is ridiculous anyway, the ambiguous build up, it belongs in the football games thread. If everybody made a thread like this, well then people would be talking even less football than already. The illness comment was insensitive, a well known player who had played for Everton died at 46 on New Years Day from the same. I wouldn't expect you to have known of him given your youth and knack for football in the fantasy world.

A thread is a thread, if you don't like it don't come into it. If you feel that there needs to be more football talk, then create a thread that you believe will engage the discussion in the forum.

To me your first post was a bit insulting. You directly state that he should be fired because you did not like the way he dealt with transfers. I think instead of saying that, you could have said, "I did not like the way you dealt with transfers". Get the same point across but be less confrontational.
To be honest, I do find a few transfers quite far-fetched. Eriksen will never go to Everton. Also a club as in debt as Everton to have a net transfer of 15m GBP is quite ridiculous for a club that loses millions a year. However, this is a game and not real life so its no big deal.

Last edited by dotmotion on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, trolling is not my style. Run of subpar results, sacking a manager in preseason, hmm, means I'm not liking it, the idea, it's over before it began. You've been hinting at doing your thread for awhile. Your high horse is you just wanting some attention. Anybody can do a simulation, it's random and doesn't have anything to do with real football. Tell me how it relates to actual human beings who play for Everton and play on the pitch. If you had the same players as those human beings who play for Everton, did a simulated full season, then compared it with their actual Premiership season, great, it would be alright as the idea. That said, it would still be suited only for being placed in the football games thread, it's only about games, not real football. Tell me what differentiates your thread from that of any other member who might do a simulation with a made up team of players. If every member did this, well then people in here would be talking less about actual football than some already are.
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:
PurpleLion wrote:
A thread is a thread, if you don't like it don't come into it. If you feel that there needs to be more football talk, then create a thread that you believe will engage the discussion in the forum. To me your first post was a bit insulting. You directly state that he should be fired because you did not like the way he dealt with transfers. I think instead of saying that, you could have said, "I did not like the way you dealt with transfers".
Yeah, maybe, except that I'm not the kind of person who insults anybody. I just think a soccer forum is for talking about soccer. We've got a TAST, use it, same for the football games thread.
RoxSox2004

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously. It's a hypothetical football story. Just relax. We need more threads anyway, and this is better than another "rank the players" thread.
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleLion wrote:
dotmotion wrote:
PurpleLion wrote:
A thread is a thread, if you don't like it don't come into it. If you feel that there needs to be more football talk, then create a thread that you believe will engage the discussion in the forum. To me your first post was a bit insulting. You directly state that he should be fired because you did not like the way he dealt with transfers. I think instead of saying that, you could have said, "I did not like the way you dealt with transfers".
Yeah, maybe, except that I'm not the kind of person who insults anybody. I just think a soccer forum is for talking about soccer. We've got a TAST, use it, same for the football games thread.

PurpleLion, there is absolutely nothing wrong with creating a bit more conversation in the forum. This is about football and clearly there are members of the forum who are interested, it has over 26 posts in less than a day. The David Moyes comment may have been insensitive, but it was rectified, don't get too worked up about it. As another poster said, if you want to create more football conversation then you make your own thread for us to go in. I like what Yankee is doing and clearly a number of other people do. If you don't like it then don't come in here, instead of trying to de-rail the thread by arguing in here.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
yankee0724

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My god. PurpleLion it's insanely simple. If you do not like what I'm doing here....DON'T READ IT

And btw Dot, I could have bought Eriksen outright. After I moved the money all the way to the Transfer Budget, I had around $11.5m. And since I'm American I'm using dollars, not pounds.

After this season, I doubt I have much of a transfer budget next season though.

Quote:
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
My god. PurpleLion it's insanely simple. If you do not like what I'm doing here....DON'T READ IT And btw Dot, I could have bought Eriksen outright. After I moved the money all the way to the Transfer Budget, I had around $11.5m. And since I'm American I'm using dollars, not pounds. After this season, I doubt I have much of a transfer budget next season though.
Thing is, that I have read it and starting with your title, you were either ambiguous or deceptive. I thought it was the soccer forum Everton football club thread. Your title doesn't say anything about it being a game simulation. Then your first post was about Moyes. Just was on the Everton team page and thought, no way Moyes was sacked. Read your date of it being before the season and that confused me to what your thread was all about. Doubt anybody knew what you were doing, until you later posted in pictures that it was a game simulation project. In between the first post and the pictures, I read that Moyes now had gotten sick. Went on the internent, not a clue. Even posted my confusion about the connection. You just lead in from jump and didn't give any explanation. People should have some in title idea of what they might read, before we waste our time. Your thread doesn't have anything to do with returning Everton to glory or top of anything because your team isn't actually made up of current Everton players. When I realized after the pictures that it was just a game simulation, I made my comments first and thought, why the heck would he make a thread like this when it's not actually about football or Everton. Doesn't require its own thread. You wrongly attacked my comments as being trolling or being of some other motive. This said, hopefully that you understand, you don't require any permission from me, keep going if you choose, I'm not the emperor of the forum.
RoxSox2004

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, that's our bad. We're such a close group here, that I remember Yankee posting something about that a few days ago, and I just linked this new thread to that post. Laughing We can be confusing to outsiders.

We don't have a single Everton fan on here, AFAIK.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: