Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bringing the Toffees to the top: A FM Story
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yankee0724

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleLion wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
My god. PurpleLion it's insanely simple. If you do not like what I'm doing here....DON'T READ IT And btw Dot, I could have bought Eriksen outright. After I moved the money all the way to the Transfer Budget, I had around $11.5m. And since I'm American I'm using dollars, not pounds. After this season, I doubt I have much of a transfer budget next season though.
Thing is, that I have read it and starting with your title, you were either ambiguous or deceptive. I thought it was the soccer forum Everton football club thread. Your title doesn't say anything about it being a game simulation. Then your first post was about Moyes. Just was on the Everton team page and thought, no way Moyes was sacked. Read your date of it being before the season and that confused me to what your thread was all about. Doubt anybody knew what you were doing, until you later posted in pictures that it was a game simulation project. In between the first post and the pictures, I read that Moyes now had gotten sick. Went on the internent, not a clue. Even posted my confusion about the connection. You just lead in from jump and didn't give any explanation. People should have some in title idea of what they might read, before we waste our time. Your thread doesn't have anything to do with returning Everton to glory or top of anything because your team isn't actually made up of current Everton players. When I realized after the pictures that it was just a game simulation, I made my comments first and thought, why the heck would he make a thread like this when it's not actually about football or Everton. Doesn't require its own thread. You wrongly attacked my comments as being trolling or being of some other motive. This said, hopefully that you understand, you don't require any permission from me, keep going if you choose, I'm not the emperor of the forum.

Now that you explained yourself better, I'll apologize for jumping on you like that.

I made a post in the football games thread asking if anybody would be interested in following a story. People said yes, so I made the thread. I assumed you made the connection and were just being a -.

I didn't give an explanation as to what it was because I assumed people who were going to read it would know what it was. Probably should have though to avoid any confusion like this. Though the people who read my posts about doing a story for my next save in FM and then a topic made from me about Moyes being sacked knew what I was doing [like RoxSox says he did], I could have made it clearer for those that didn't.

My bad.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the fact that the soccer forum is a very close community turns off some posters from posting here. I'm having fun, though. Laughing We should treat every new poster well if we want to keep growing.

Oregon RB Tracker
Marshall: 318 rush yds(7.6), 660 rec yds(13.2), 5 TDs
Tyner: 387 rush yds(4.4), 65 rec yds(7.2), 4 TDs
Freeman: 1050 rush yds(5.6), 106 rec yds(9.6), 16 TDs
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first came into the thread I had to admit I was a bit confused. I, like PurpleLio, though it was a new Everton thread. Fortunately I had read your post in the other thread previously. I can certianly see why someone whould be confused though.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate all the explanations, seems like it was a misunderstanding with us both. It wasn't helped any by me insinuating that you should be sacked as manager of your own Everton football club or saying it specifically by referring to Liverpool. Hope you achieve all the goals you want with your Everton team.
yankee0724

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New topic title. Should have made it this from the start apparently. lol

Update coming soon too btw.

Quote:
yankee0724

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

September 2011 Update

Premier League

This was a tough loss. Howard's own goal was incredibly unlucky and we should have won this game. He dove to stop a shot, tip it away and the shot went off the crossbar, came back off Howard's back and ended up in the goal. Absurd way to lose 2 points.

Wasn't expecting to get anything out of Chelsea and I was right. Could have been 3-0 since they had one off the crossbar.

The poor results continue. We had 4 go off the crossbar in this game. Rolling Eyes

Carling Cup

Played mostly backups in this game so I wasn't expecting much.

Premier League Table

Forgot to take a picture before I went onto the next game, but we were tenth with two games in hand.

October is going to be a tough month. We have City away, and league leaders Tottenham twice in 4 days [League and Carling Cup]

Quote:
yankee0724

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

October 2011 Update

Premier League

Didn't expect to get anything out of City. Just a terrible game for us/

Newcastle came into this game sitting in dead last, so this isn't as good of a win as it sounds. Cabaye, Tiote, Ba, and Jonas were all out for Newcastle.

This should have been a draw. Defoe's goal was offside and the FA was silent when I bashed the ref's call after the game.

I tried to get something out of Tottenham in the Carling Cup in the middle of the week, so nobody really started in this game. Still a disappointing result.

Carling Cup

Disappointing loss. Adebayor was the only starter who played in this game and we still lost because of him.

Tough month that was made tougher with a number of injuries. Baines is out for another two months, Quintero is still injured, Saha was just starting to regain fitness following his 3 month injury, Coleman went down in the middle of the month, just brutal all around for the club and we finished October in 13th place.

Quote:
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
yankee0724

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

November 2011 Update

Premier League

It just wasn't meant to be against Wigan. We sent 3 shots off the crossbar. Should have won, but just couldn't find the net.

We had a good game here. Norwich's penalty could have gone either way, but the ref gave them a penalty and then Rodwell misplaces his pass back to Howard and it goes in Embarassed

Bolton just shut up shop for the most part. We really shouldn't have gotten the penalty, but I'm not gonna complain about it or anything.

Premier League Table

Tottenham's run up top has come to an end. The only reason they were up there was a 7-0 win to start the season off, followed by 7 more goals in their next 2 games. After that they came back to Earth and are where they should be. Chelsea still maintains their aspirations to match Arsenal's unbeaten season.

December Games
12/5: West Bromwich Albion
12/10: Fulham
12/17: Manchester United
12/21: Liverpool
12/26: Arsenal
12/31: Sunderland

Quote:
RoxSox2004

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a tip, I recommend you use imgur when hosting the screenshots. Far simpler to use.
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just keeping up with this to see how Erick Torres develops. How is he doing?

Oregon RB Tracker
yankee0724

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
I'm just keeping up with this to see how Erick Torres develops. How is he doing?

He's coming along nicely stats-wise, but he's playing awful. He's got 10 total appearances, 3 yellows, 0 goals, 0 assists, and he's committed 21 fouls.

Quote:
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:

He's coming along nicely stats-wise, but he's playing awful. He's got 10 total appearances, 3 yellows, 0 goals, 0 assists, and he's committed 21 fouls.

lol WTF. It's prob because he doesn't speak English.

Oregon RB Tracker
yankee0724

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

January Transfer Window

Here's 4 people I'm looking to sign in January on a free transfer. I don't really need any of them, but any would be nice. Scheiber has the ppm's [player preferred moves] to be a good deep lying forward, but will need work on his first touch to be effective, but he's my second choice.

Diame is perfect for what I want in my DM, allowing Fellaini to move up to CM where I'd prefer him, but he's a luxury signing.

Sanogo is my top prospect of these 4. He's going ot be an absolute stud and Liverpool, Man U, and Man City are interested in signing him at the end of his contract - the same as me. He's my top choice, but it could be a struggle to get him here.

Jo is absolutely my last choice. Nothing needs to be said beyond that.

Quote:
yankee0724

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:

lol WTF. It's prob because he doesn't speak English.

He actually has English as a language he speaks. He's probably just struggling to adapt to life in England.

Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: