Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chase > Alex
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Chase > Alex Reply with quote

I believe Chase Daniel would be a better qb for our team if given all starter reps and gamplans as the starter than Alex Smith. You may think thats crazy, or whatever, but I stand by my belief until I can be proven wrong.

I cant wait to watch them both play tonight and (hopefully) see more evidence that Chase is just flat out better.

Props to LOTO on the sig.
samsel23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Chase > Alex Reply with quote

Da_Zou13 wrote:
I believe Chase Daniel would be a better qb for our team if given all starter reps and gamplans as the starter than Alex Smith. You may think thats crazy, or whatever, but I stand by my belief until I can be proven wrong.

I cant wait to watch them both play tonight and (hopefully) see more evidence that Chase is just flat out better.

The fact that you want it to happen,,,, I find that not shocking at all, take that for what it's worth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe all Chiefs fans would like to see great competition at every position, and if the backup truly is the better player, then I bet we all would want to see them start as well...

Props to LOTO.Tailback for the best ever; Vincent Edward Jackson
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Chase > Alex Reply with quote

Da_Zou13 wrote:

Hopefully not. Alex is gonna be the starter...so let's hope that Alex looks good.

Even if he doesn't, it really doesn't mean anything. He's a proven top 12-18 QB 4 years running. Chase might be good enough now that he's among the top 32 (I'd take him in Buff or NY)...but we can't be sure about that and he's certainly not top 20.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Chase > Alex Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Da_Zou13 wrote:

Hopefully not. Alex is gonna be the starter...so let's hope that Alex looks good.

Even if he doesn't, it really doesn't mean anything. He's a proven top 12-18 QB 4 years running. Chase might be good enough now that he's among the top 32 (I'd take him in Buff or NY)...but we can't be sure about that and he's certainly not top 20.

How in the world could you know that? Chase has NEVER been given a legit shot at starting. You remember a guy named Rich Gannon? The Chiefs didnt think he was good enough to start, but ask Oakland how good Rich Gannon was.

My point is we will never get a chance to see if Chase is actually better as a starter and that sucks. I never hope for injuries obviously, but that is the only way Chase gets a shot.

Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Chase > Alex Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
Da_Zou13 wrote:

The fact that you want it to happen,,,, I find that not shocking at all, take that for what it's worth

Yea, sorry i want the best player at the position that touches the ball every play.

Disclaimer: Im a mizzou alum so you can say I have a slight Bias, but Ive also watched Chase his whole career and the dude has always overcome the adversity he faced. He brought Mizzou to #1 in the nation...just sayin.

Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex would dominate 2nd stringers too. We've seen Chase in the regular season. He's a solid backup, won't lose you the game more than likely, but I don't think he's as good as Alex

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Chase > Alex Reply with quote

Da_Zou13 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Da_Zou13 wrote:

How in the world could you know that? Chase has NEVER been given a legit shot at starting. You remember a guy named Rich Gannon? The Chiefs didnt think he was good enough to start, but ask Oakland how good Rich Gannon was.

My point is we will never get a chance to see if Chase is actually better as a starter and that sucks. I never hope for injuries obviously, but that is the only way Chase gets a shot.

Can't know for sure, But once Gannon got in the game, you could tell that guy should be the playing full time. Don't get that sense (yet) with chase in his games against SD. He was competent.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Chase > Alex Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Da_Zou13 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Da_Zou13 wrote:

Can't know for sure, But once Gannon got in the game, you could tell that guy should be the playing full time. Don't get that sense (yet) with chase in his games against SD. He was competent.

Honestly I do get that feeling seeing him plaay (in limited time for sure). he seems to have a better understanding of route timing, hitting receivers in stride, pocket presence, and general decisiveness while running the offense. He makes the right reads and isnt afraid to make the throw.

Chiefer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree, like its been mentioned, he's more competent than starter.

The only thing I like more about Chase is he stands tall in the pocket and will deliver a strike despite a defender in his face.

Brady has no weaknesses, until the Patriots lose to the Chiefs in week 4.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
I don't agree, like its been mentioned, he's more competent than starter.

The only thing I like more about Chase is he stands tall in the pocket and will deliver a strike despite a defender in his face.

He only stands 6-0 in the pocket. Alex stands 6-4. Wink

Unless he has an invisible stool...

Cutler06

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Alex went 11-18 for 81 yrd, TD and Pick 6...what kind of grade would you give him ?
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
So Alex went 11-18 for 81 yrd, TD and Pick 6...what kind of grade would you give him ?

"preseason and who gives a crap" is my grade for Alex

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
UPlay2Win

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Alex would dominate 2nd stringers too.
I think it's bogus to assume Chase would come in and play better than Alex against 1s because of his play v 2s. However, I also think it's bogus to assume Alex would do what Chase is doing v 2s.

Alex is the better QB. Has Chase played well enough to garner a trade offer from a team without a QB (Bills, Browns, Texans, maybe Jets although I like Fitzpatrick). Would we take the offer? What's our price?

If we traded him I'd want to sign a vet to put ahead of Murray who doesn't seem ready. Vick played for Reid...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:

If your looking to get a reaction from Alex's pick 6, you won't find it here. He doesn't throw those in the regular season and the picks he does throw are few and far between.

What's with the sig quote? I get that you don't agree, but after Den and NE...Bal, Indy, KC,Pit, Cincy, SD, and Buff were all pretty comparable. KC had the best MOV+SOS of that group of teams. If SD/KC played the AFC North's schedule, they'd have been in the playoffs. Everyone of those teams could've won atleast 11 and that division with Indy's schedule.

So i'm curious what makes it sig worthy? There's nothing outrageous.

...other than that, keep up the relevant posting.

About trading Chase...it just won't happen. Not only is he a FA next year, but it's too late in TC, he'd have to learn the system, and they'd have to give up a draft pick for a guy who, even once he knows the system, is probably only a marginal upgrade....and we don't even know that for sure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: