Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

sure is quiet around here...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: sure is quiet around here... Reply with quote

This is the least active time before the draft and any rumors that are heard need to be taken with a giant grain of salt. So for the heck of it, why not talk about some "reaches" for our first rounder that you would be ok with. For me...

Phillip Dorsett - WR - Miami.
He is a burner and Reid had a great WR combo in philly with Jmac and Jackson. Dorsett is very similar to Jackson. He not only is a great deep threat, but he can get open underneath and runs well with the ball in his hands.

Bernardrick McKinney - ILB - Miss St.

DJ is not getting any younger and it is uncertain if he can come back from a rather serious injury. We dont have much quality depth either. We have guys that have shown they can play the role behind DJ, but no one can really step up and be a number one. This guy is good at attacking the ball and plays downhill, similar to DJ (minus the coverage ability obviously).

Props to LOTO on the sig.
DraftObsessed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few guys i would be ok with us "reaching" for in round 1 would be:

Kevin Johnson CB Wake Forest
Cedric Ogbuehi OT Texas A&M
Nelson Agholor WR USC

And i agree with you about Dorsett... Would love to see him in Red and Gold
oldman9er

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftObsessed wrote:

Nelson Agholor WR USC

Also agree with the two of you on Dorsett. Agholor is another one that seems a perfect fit for KC, so I would be good with it. They could do worse than Kevin Johnson too.

Eric Kendricks, Jaelen Strong, Cam Erving, and Breshad Perriman are other options that wouldn't send my beer through the tv.

Ultimately, I would like to see the Chiefs trade back a dozen picks while adding another day 2 pick.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty there isn't anyone i would really be upset over... Hell i would even draft Gregory if he fell to us.
UPlay2Win

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd draft Maxx Williams before he is projected (early second). But 18 might be a little too high. Only because it sounds like he's a bit of a diva.

Maybe PJ Williams

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftObsessed wrote:
In all honesty there isn't anyone i would really be upset over... Hell i would even draft Gregory if he fell to us.

This is kinda where I'm at with this draft. I really like our team now, overall. And I don't think there is any position that I feel we're SO desperate at that I'll be upset if we don't take someone early. But there's also not really a position that I feel we're so set at that I don't want to take them early. I'd really like to see us get a C before the 4th round or so, but that's really it.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
67 catches, 862 yards, 5 TDs, one very funny obscene gesture, one fumble that wasn't a fumble, and one very trolly fumble recovery for a TD
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I recently found out that KC traded up to get Ryan Sims in the '02 draft, trading a 3rd and a 6th. I never knew this. Gross.

Henderson, Freeney, and Haynesworth were all available on the DL. Hindsight is 20/20 but I don't think Sims was ever a guy thot to be worth trading up for.

Just thot i'd throw that in there since it's quiet around here. As for the topic, i'm not ok with reaching. If one of those guys is near the top of our draft board, then fine. Maybe a guy like Agholor is, who knows.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
well I recently found out that KC traded up to get Ryan Sims in the '02 draft, trading a 3rd and a 6th. I never knew this. Gross.

Henderson, Freeney, and Haynesworth were all available on the DL. Hindsight is 20/20 but I don't think Sims was ever a guy thot to be worth trading up for.

Just thot i'd throw that in there since it's quiet around here. As for the topic, i'm not ok with reaching. If one of those guys is near the top of our draft board, then fine. Maybe a guy like Agholor is, who knows.

Yeah, that's not even a hindsight thing. At the time, it looked like a bad move. Most had Sims as the 3rd best DT and the 5th or so best DL in the draft. And we only moved up two spots, which was absolutely not worth the picks we gave to Dallas.

The thing with reaching though, is it's all about perspective. Every year guys are labeled steals and reaches, but the reality is, we don't know what NFL boards look like. If there's a guy that the pundits rate in the second round, and 10 teams have him with a first round grade, it isn't a reach to take them in the first, even though everyone will call it that.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
67 catches, 862 yards, 5 TDs, one very funny obscene gesture, one fumble that wasn't a fumble, and one very trolly fumble recovery for a TD
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftObsessed wrote:

Nelson Agholor WR USC

Ogbuehi is probably the only guy I'd be upset with

He just wasn't that good, Dee made mincemeat out of him, and when he tried to prove himself at LT he flopped, allowing multiple sacks before getting injured.

Besides that I don't think I'll flip out. I still like ogbuehis potential. I think our only "hole" is at ilb but none really make sense at our pick unless we love Kendricks/Dawson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: